ok, so a few months ago my battery died for no reason, I tried hours of stack charging and have searched every forum and used every charging method known to man.

So I bought a rapid charger a few days ago, and now my playbook turns on, but will only stay on while the rapid charger is attached. When I remove it, it goes dead. Also the battery says 100% but can suddenly change to 0%

I appreciate any help on this matter, I know people have had a lot of issues with the battery on these things.

Oh and please do not recommend stack charging, or I might rage and just crack the bloody thing in two.

Thank you
    09-15-13 08:40 PM
    ok, so a few months ago my battery died for no reason, I tried hours of stack charging and have searched every forum and used every charging method known to man.

So I bought a rapid charger a few days ago, and now my playbook turns on, but will only stay on while the rapid charger is attached. When I remove it, it goes dead. Also the battery says 100% but can suddenly change to 0%

I appreciate any help on this matter, I know people have had a lot of issues with the battery on these things.

Oh and please do not recommend stack charging, or I might rage and just crack the bloody thing in two.

Thank you
    Do you have Battery Guru the app? That's one way to find out if your pb is fully charged and also an indication of your pb battery health. I assume when you first use the rapid charger your pb stay charging for at least 4 to 6 hours. I'm just hoping it's not your battery that need replacement. If you purchase your pb within the year, you might still be eligible for a repair if not replacement from BB.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-15-13 09:00 PM
    Yikes, if you can wipe that would be good but your playbook sounds pretty sick and I would hate to tell you to wipe and it end up being the nail in the coffin. Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One running PlayBook 3.0
    09-15-13 09:14 PM
    The behavior you describe looks definitely typical of a dead battery. You may either ask for the cost of a replacement in BB, or if this is too costly or you feel technically inclined, there are a couple of sites that describe how to dismount the PB yourself (but check beforehand that you can find a replacement battery by yourself; there are a range of site that sell such batteries for many devices but I don't knof for sure as concerns PB).
    H.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-16-13 01:26 AM
    Replacement battery for PlayBook still available from eBay.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 07:34 AM
    Unfortunately, I had a similar thing happen to my PB last year. Prior to a specific software update, if you let your PB drain below 4% charge, it had a lot of trouble coming back up. I had the same thing happen, I would charge my PB, and it would show an 80% charge, but as soon as I pulled the power cable out, it completely died. This was after my girlfriends son had let the battery drain to 0%. This was a known issue for Blackberry, and they had some recommendations as to how you can get your battery charged back up. They have since put out a PB update that prevents this from happening. Unfortunately, At the time, I tried absolutely everything I could find online, and there was only 1 thing I found online that resolved my problem. A $80 used PB off ebay.

It was a pain in the a$$. I tried absolutely everything, including Stack charge, a full wipe of the PB, everything other than replacing the battery. However, with that said, I have found a lot of people online able to revive their PB's by doing the same steps that didn't work for me. So just because I couldn't revive my PB, doens't mean you can't. Now, if you're concerned about loosing everything that is on your PB, there is a way to get it off. You need the special charger that has a magnetic connection to the PB (not sure what it's called, possibly the 'fast charger'?). While you have your PB running (while plugged in), you can use the mini-USB plug to connect to the PC, and transfer or even do a back up. So if you need to do a wipe, or buy a new one, you can recover everything.

Hope this helps!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-16-13 07:49 AM
    Unfortunately, I had a similar thing happen to my PB last year. Prior to a specific software update, if you let your PB drain below 4% charge, it had a lot of trouble coming back up. I had the same thing happen, I would charge my PB, and it would show an 80% charge, but as soon as I pulled the power cable out, it completely died. This was after my girlfriends son had let the battery drain to 0%. This was a known issue for Blackberry, and they had some recommendations as to how you can get your battery charged back up. They have since put out a PB update that prevents this from happening. Unfortunately, At the time, I tried absolutely everything I could find online, and there was only 1 thing I found online that resolved my problem. A $80 used PB off ebay.

It was a pain in the a$$. I tried absolutely everything, including Stack charge, a full wipe of the PB, everything other than replacing the battery. However, with that said, I have found a lot of people online able to revive their PB's by doing the same steps that didn't work for me. So just because I couldn't revive my PB, doens't mean you can't. Now, if you're concerned about loosing everything that is on your PB, there is a way to get it off. You need the special charger that has a magnetic connection to the PB (not sure what it's called, possibly the 'fast charger'?). While you have your PB running (while plugged in), you can use the mini-USB plug to connect to the PC, and transfer or even do a back up. So if you need to do a wipe, or buy a new one, you can recover everything.

Hope this helps!
    One is the Rapid Charger the other one is Dock charger. Both perform the same if OP is from US, It's relatively inexpensive from Amazon and Ebay.
    Playbook battery problem *please help I am close to tears*-acc-39340-303-blackberry-playbook-oem-rapid-charging-stand-4.jpgPlaybook battery problem *please help I am close to tears*-8107.jpg
    09-16-13 08:21 AM
    One is the Rapid Charger the other one is Dock charger. Both perform the same if OP is from US, It's relatively inexpensive from Amazon and Ebay.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACC-39340-303-Blackberry-Playbook-OEM-Rapid-Charging-Stand-4.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	202186Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8107.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	202187
    Get the Rapid charger. That way you can plug the charger into the charge pins, and connect the data cable into the Micro USB port to get your data off the unit at the same time.

The charging dock, you cannot plug into the Micro USB while the PB is on the dock.

c
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    09-16-13 08:44 AM
    You want to buy the yellow quick charge brick. You can use for your phone too.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:52 AM
    why don't you just call BB support? there may be no more updates coming, but support is still there.
    09-16-13 09:36 AM
    It's an ex display so out of warranty, and if the people recommending rapid chargers read the post, they would know I'm using a rapid charger at the moment! I think I need a new battery, but don't have the money for one, hence why I bought this piece of crap second hand.

Thanks for the help anyway everyone, going to throw it out the Window now
    09-16-13 11:21 AM
    It's an ex display so out of warranty, and if the people recommending rapid chargers read the post, they would know I'm using a rapid charger at the moment! I think I need a new battery, but don't have the money for one, hence why I bought this piece of crap second hand.

Thanks for the help anyway everyone, going to throw it out the Window now
    Better save it you may need it for parts when something else goes bad on your new "used" one. You could also leave it on an external 5v battery or on a usb charger for a few days to see whether it comes to life.

The fact that it will run when on the rapid charger and I am assuming not when on the usb charger may be due to the fact that the rapid charger will supply operating power in addition to charging power. Don't know whether this is always the case with dead battery or if the battery has to have a little bit of power in order to get things rolling. Still recommend Battery Guru. Suggest putting it on the one you are now using and if you used the same BB ID the app should also show up for no additional cost on the troublesome unit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by jpash549; 09-16-13 at 01:28 PM.
    09-16-13 01:16 PM