I'm a new user on this forums and since I hear your guys are the best I wanted to ask you guys a question.

I just got my Playbook yesterday and so far I've notice a battery issue. When I'm charging the device (via usb cable) and playing a game on it the battery goes down? It says its charging but its draining from me just using it. I've never had this issue with any other device. When I use my Smartphone and have it charging and playing a video or game it actually charges the device.

Now I called the playbook support number and the lady told me that this is normal. I'm Just having a hard time believe this. But Maybe I'm wrong.

Also it seems to take awhile to charge it to 100% without touching it.

What do you guys think? Is it Defected? Should I get it replaced? or is this normal?

Thanks
    Splitix

Side note: Tried to charge it though the Wall Outlet charger but that doesnt work at all. So might have to return regardless.

I did a wipe thinking it was just a problem with the software but that didnt work.
    02-17-12 10:57 AM
    Don't use the USB/computer to charge your PB---- it will take for ever, and others have reported if you are using when charging it will lose charge, so what you have experienced is in line.

If your wall charger is not working, its busted, you might need a new one. Also invest in the rapid charger (dock) its selling at $29 Walmart (online)- it will save you the hassle of breaking the charging cable & damaging the USB port on the PB.

Good luck
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-17-12 11:01 AM
    It would be normal if your using the USB cable to charge from a computer. That is a very slow charging method.
    What might be concerning is the included wall charger not working. Do you have another micro USB charger maybe from a phone that you could try. That will also be a slow charge (not as slow as a USB port)but would determine if it's the PB or charger.
    Edit: I guess if the USB cable charges the PB then the wall charger must be faulty.
    02-17-12 11:02 AM
    If you are playing a game while chargian via USB then, yeah, you can expect the battery to drain, depending on your system settings (wifi, bluetooth, screen birghtness) the playbook is an energy hog.

My battery was at 0% this morning. Took 45 minutes to charge enough to turn on. Has now been 4 hours and is in the 90% charging from the wall. It is what it is. There is always the rapid charger....

I get about 4 - 5 hours battery life with wifi on, bridged, high brightness, while web browsing. Others say they get much better battery life, but that's when the wifi and bluetooth are off and the screen brightness is turned way down low.
    02-17-12 11:03 AM
    Ditto from above, and also some usb ports do not supply current. My PC has 6 usb ports and 2 do not supply charging current. Our computer tech tested them and then we called Dell. Two ports were intended to not supply current.
    02-17-12 11:21 AM
    also, if u haven't done so already, make sure u agree to all the terms and user agreements to apps that require u to respond...such as the video chat. they tend to run behind the scene until u actually agree to them and also consume resources and battery...
    02-17-12 11:29 AM
    So I tried my Galaxy S2 charger and it worked perfectly. It was quick and could keep a charge will i was playing on it. I'm going to take the charger back to the store it see if they can replace it for me.

I'll probably pick up that Rapid Charger if its around that walmart online price. Thanks again for the help.
    02-17-12 11:38 AM
    Look for the rapid charger with the cord. Not the dock. That would give you the ability to play games and charge at the same. Better then the wall charger and will not stress the USB port over time. It uses that magnetic port next to the USB.
    What is the output of the galaxy charger. It should be listed on the charger.
    02-17-12 11:58 AM
    The included ac charger is covered by the rim warranty. You can call them and they will send a new one, generally overnight shipping

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805
    02-17-12 11:59 AM
    Posted here: iPhreek.com

Anyone else have the same issue?

/Jonas
    02-25-12 09:28 AM
    Posted here: iPhreek.com

Anyone else have the same issue?

/Jonas
    See some of the other battery threads. There apparently is an issue with battery drain caused by the new Native email and using it in Manual mode.

Here's one of them

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...=1#post7174645
    02-25-12 11:57 AM
    I removed all mail accounts and recharged the Playbook. After an hour, the Playbook remains at 100% which is a huge difference from before when the Playbook discharged entirely on only 14 hours in standby mode... (I wrote about it here: iPhreek.com )
    02-25-12 12:55 PM
    misterbister, it's not necessary to remove all accounts, but merely to avoid using Manual sync.
    misterbister likes this.
    02-25-12 01:05 PM
    Manual mode is messed up though. Thanks for your help - I found out for myself and came back to post the results only to see you already knew :-)
    02-27-12 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD