I have had my playbook for a couple of months now and have noticed that the battery seems to be draining faster than normal, i used to only have to charge it once a week (sometimes every 2 weeks depending on use), using it as an ereader (bookreader is awesome - using the dark setting), now it seems that I have to charge it every 3 days...

I leave the PB in standby all the time (with wifi off) due to it being a pain to turn on (with the flush power button) even in the otterbox case, which is a pain to remove.

anyone else notice this or am I just going crazy?
    06-10-12 07:45 AM
    If you have been just using standby for a long time, I would try a restart and see if that clears it up.
    If you have a hard time using the power button, call RIM. They will fix it.
    I sent one back just for that reason. Sent on Thursday and got it back on Wednesday over a holiday weekend.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-10-12 08:00 AM
    I haven't noticed that. I have to charge mine everyday, sometimes twice as I use it that much.
    06-10-12 08:43 AM
    Are you leaving any apps open when the PB is on standby?
    I did a test last week with Battery Guru. The Playbook, on standby, uses 3x more battery with a video paused and minimized than it does will all apps closed.
    06-10-12 10:07 AM
    SOLUTION:

Ok I had same problem a few weeks ago. I posted my fix, here goes again:

1. check free space left
    - need about 1gb free

(to check free memory, look under settings, about, and choose hardware screen instead of general)

I deleted some videos, magazines from Zinio, music and other large downloads. Managed to free up lots of space and after rebooting, battery drain issue went away.

2. make sure you charge with supplied wall charger, not USB

- after a few good charges things worked well again. battery calibration was ok.

If all else fails... Turn off Wifi for now before going to standby, then turn on again after. You will notice battery won't drain much if Wifi is off.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-10-12 06:36 PM
    Are you leaving any apps open when the PB is on standby?
    I did a test last week with Battery Guru. The Playbook, on standby, uses 3x more battery with a video paused and minimized than it does will all apps closed.
    This is quit true, I get lazy now and then, or interrupted and don't shut stuff down, just put the playbook in standby, fire up after a couple hours and 20% gone.
    06-10-12 06:57 PM
    Airplane mode is great for turning off any apps that want to update and also wifi. I just turn airplane mode on, watch a movie, read and still have power to go. I started doing that with all my smartphones when I just wanted to do something other than be available. It is a habit now for me to turn on the airplane mode.
    dieter jay likes this.
    06-10-12 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD