My playbook (bought this year in February) has never been particularly good battery-wise. Overnight, in flight mode, and with only the music player open (but inactive) it went from 39% to 25% in the space of approximately 8 hours. Is this normal?
    It is hard to say. I'd watch again OVERNIGHT but with the music player closed. But some questions: Any android sideloaded programs on your device (some run even if no evident)? Do you have a Native Email account setup (manual sync and some accounts can cause issues).

Overnight my pb loses about 3-5% with both WIFI and BT ON. My bbphone is off overnight so bt may not be doing much.
    02-23-13 09:14 AM
    It is hard to say. I'd watch again OVERNIGHT but with the music player closed. But some questions: Any android sideloaded programs on your device (some run even if no evident)? Do you have a Native Email account setup (manual sync and some accounts can cause issues).

Overnight my pb loses about 3-5% with both WIFI and BT ON. My bbphone is off overnight so bt may not be doing much.
    I do have a few Android apps loaded: I can't live without eBay! I also have an email account set up, but during last night Wifi & BT were off. I've run a security wipe and am just re-building, to see if that makes a difference.

I did notice that the Advanced App Manager keeps showing the 'Pocket' app active, even thought it's not running.
    02-23-13 01:24 PM
    What's the "Pocket" app?

Even if bt/wifi are off, if the Email app is still trying to check for email, it might be using power while accomplishing nothing.
    02-23-13 01:37 PM
    02-23-13 02:25 PM
    Well, it does sound like it is intended to RETRIEVE "pocketed" articles for reading later so it may be running and checking some "account" where the stuff is stored when you use it on the computer or elsewhere???

Any Settings in the app where you can determine intervals for retrieval?
    02-23-13 03:59 PM
    I have 'security wiped' (lovely phrase) and reinstalled. Am now not running any sideloaded apps and my email is set to sync every 4 hours without push. Lets see how the little bu**er does now....
    FF22 likes this.
    02-23-13 04:34 PM
    If you look at the settings for Pocket (Read it Later) you can see retrieval and sync options. This includes background syncing. Maybe something like this in your settings is causing the problem. Incidentally Google Play. Store has another app named Pocket which is a sensitive data, password manager.
    Attached Thumbnails PlayBook battery drain after latest OS update 2.1.0.1526-uploadfromtaptalk1361679415608.jpg  
    02-23-13 10:17 PM
    The loss overnight (flight mode, with just the music player open, but inactive) was around 3-4% which seems to be much better. The drain also seems to be lower standby.
    I have to look up how to sideload my Android apps again today, but it looks much better. Thanks for the tips and suggestions.
    02-24-13 03:13 AM
    I had the same problem after the update to 2.1.0.1526, my battery went from almost 100% to 0 in one day in standby mode on my 64 G Playbook.

After searching for two days, I found on the Blackberry support forum (regarding a previous update) a suggestion form the Resident Expert to delete and re-create emails accounts. I my case the problem was related to my GMAIL account. After the GMAIL account was deleted and created again, no more battery drain in standby.

Reference: Battery drain since upgrade - Page 2 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

So try deleting email accounts before doing a security wipe...
    FF22 likes this.
    02-26-13 06:14 AM
34 12