Just wondering what battery drain folk are getting when the PB is unused?
    I had mine at 100% this morning and haven't touched it, wifi and bluetooth off, screen off and 3 hours later its down at 80%, seems a massive drop for an idle device?
    11-22-11 05:30 AM
    Try the battery guru app to diagnose your problem. The author of the app has mentioned on the forum that some apps can leave the gps in an active state where it is constantly draining the battery. A reboot resets the gps.
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-22-11 05:33 AM
    Mine was at 100% last night when I went to bed. When I got up it was at 98%.

Not sure if this is still a thing but have you accepted the video chat user agreement?
    11-22-11 05:35 AM
    Double post
    Last edited by kbz1960; 11-22-11 at 05:37 AM. Reason: double
    11-22-11 05:36 AM
    OP - did you have any apps/functions still active as the pb sat idle in standby mode? If so, that could have done it.
    11-22-11 05:58 AM

Not sure if this is still a thing but have you accepted the video chat user agreement?
    Pretty sure this was confirmed fixed a long time ago, though I don't have a reference to where I read that. I believe the issue was in 1.0.3 only, and was fixed in the 1.0.5 update. If not, it was 1.0.5 and fixed in 1.0.6.
    11-22-11 07:37 AM
    Try the hard reset. Hold volume +, - and power button until the PB shuts off. Maybe something is running in the background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 08:21 AM
    I will loose about 2% overnight with WIFI and bluetooth on. By moderate use (mainly bridge functionality and occasional browsing) the charge will last me 3 days.
    11-22-11 08:49 AM
    on 2 occasions in the last week Ive gone to bed with it over 80% and woken up with a dead PB, fixed after charging ok but dont know why, battery guru showing 100% battery health
    wonder if its any of those naughty Android Apps ?
    11-22-11 09:03 AM
    Motoberg, if you're running BG, let it sit on standby for a few minutes (basically more than 120 seconds) just before you stop using it for the night, then wake it up again and immediately check the load. If it's above 0.1W, especially if it's up around 0.3W or higher, you've definitely got troubles.

Also feel free to keep BG running the whole time for a while (it uses little memory and won't suck up any extra power) so that you can capture the situation the next time this occurs. Then email me a .zip of the exported log contents (use the support email address in the App World entry for it, or find an email through the link in my signature) and I can look it over and let you know what's happening. Won't do much good if you aren't running BG all the time when this happens, however...
    11-22-11 11:01 AM
    i downloaded battery guru, says health is 93% and after sitting for 5 minutes it says 0.05w beside power - does that mean somethings wrong with it?
    11-22-11 09:36 PM
    That is how my Playbook used to discharge. After 2 months of ownership, it has dramatically changed.
    11-22-11 09:45 PM
    i downloaded battery guru, says health is 93% and after sitting for 5 minutes it says 0.05w beside power - does that mean somethings wrong with it?
    Nothing wrong with it. Typical numbers, no issues.
    11-22-11 09:46 PM
    so how come when i went to bed last night, woke up this morning my playbook went from 50% to 30% with airplane mode ON - and no apps running.
    11-22-11 09:51 PM
    so how come when i went to bed last night, woke up this morning my playbook went from 50% to 30% with airplane mode ON - and no apps running.
    I'm confused. Was I supposed to guess that this had happened, when you posted above asking if your health and power readings were normal?

If you were running Battery Guru last night, then look at the data or send me the export file to examine. If you weren't, then please start running it all the time until you've captured a similar incident, and then I'll be able to do more than make wild guesses.
    11-22-11 10:17 PM
    Just wondering what battery drain folk are getting when the PB is unused?
    I had mine at 100% this morning and haven't touched it, wifi and bluetooth off, screen off and 3 hours later its down at 80%, seems a massive drop for an idle device?
    Me too! And it's really pissing me off. During use, my (new) Playbook battery seems to drain 1% per minute of browsing, reading email or using apps like Evernote, Conqu (anything really). When in standby, it seems to drain at a rate of 3% per minute. This means the tablet I purchased for on-th-go convenience is nearly useless unless plugged in to a wall. Im F'ing mad!

I "agreed" to the video-chat terms, standby mode at 90 seconds, and Bluetooth turned off, nothing bridged. Still the same drain. However, even if turning off bluetooth and wifi solved the problem, which it hasn't, what's the point of having a tablet? A tablet should be low maintenence and ready for rapid data input on deman. Not require a bunch of settings changes every time it's used/unused.
    03-06-12 01:53 PM
    That is how my Playbook used to discharge. After 2 months of ownership, it has dramatically changed.
    I purchased my Playbook 2 days before the new OS release. Got it from a Rogers Kiosk - the last 32Gb model I could find locally. Problem was, the box had been opened. The Roger's managment assured me that the model was not a return, and that it wasn't the store's demo model. Still, the battery was completely drained upon startup - otherwise, not indications of wear. Now, however, I notice the playbook gets warm after about 1 hour of light use, and the battery seems to drain at a rate of 1% per 3 minutes without use, and about 1% per minute while composing email or browsing. I rebooted it a few times since purchasing, have only about 6 apps downloaded, Bluetooth turned off, standby mode at 90 seconds, brightness at 47%, and have agreed to the video-chat terms. none of these "circus-worthy" workarounds have made a difference. WTF? I invested in this devise to help make my worklife easier, not so that I could have another complicated, "guess what's wrong with me" relationships with a device.
    03-06-12 02:03 PM
    Check to see if you have a WiFi issue. I did and when I corrected it, my battery drain issue went away. I also turn off WiFi when I'm away from Hotspots for any length of time.
    03-06-12 02:27 PM
    Elorabird are you using battery guru? If not download it and run it. It will record and give you a graph readout of what is happening. Then if you still have problems export the file zip it and email peter the developer. He is very good at helping to diagnose issues.
    03-06-12 02:35 PM
    I'm not sure it possible to drain 60 % per hour unless you have a defective battery. I would suggest you call RIM and see what "circus worthy" work arounds they suggest.
    How do you know what percent your screen brightness is set to?
    03-06-12 03:11 PM
    Why do the power #'s go back up after being woken up?
    04-29-12 07:29 PM
    Why do the power #'s go back up after being woken up?
    If you're referring to the reading you get from battery guru, it's mostly because the screen is on.
    hpulley likes this.
    04-29-12 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD