I use my playbook while commuting between home and work. Once upon a time I use to keep my playbook on standby mode before I start my work for the day and just swipe up after work because it's such a pain to start the device. I have a couple of experiences of battery drainage. Perhaps certain apps were running in the background. Since then I turn the pb off before work and turn it back on after work just to prevent battery drainage. Usually my battery level is around the 90% charged when I turn it off. A couple of days ago, my playbook did not turn back on and the battery is completely drained and it even emit the chiming sound indicate 0% battery. I would assume when I turn off the playbook there will be nothing running in the background or foreground. Anyone experience this and have an explanation for it?
    09-15-13 08:48 PM
    I used to have the problem where if the PlayBook was in standby mode and I'm at work where the wifi needs a usage agreement ok'ed, the PlayBook would drain out by the end of the day. I suspect that the PlayBook was trying to retrieve email and would constantly fail. I haven't noticed this problem with the latest OS, 2.1.0.1753.

As for a complete power-off and drainage after a week or more, I have no idea why this would happen. It seems like it should keep charge. In comparison, my HP/Palm Touchpad can be turned off for months and when powered up, still have 90+% of power (if it was fully charged when initially turned off).
    09-15-13 09:19 PM
    How did you turn it off? Using the Icon under the Battery Icon? Or using the actual button along the edge?

Well, OFF does not necessarily mean off as the clock is still running but I don't think anything else should be. My second pb was off for a bit more than 2 weeks during my recent vacation (primary went along for the ride). It was still almost fully charged when I turned it back on.

One time anomaly? Or has this happened more often?
    09-15-13 10:10 PM
    How did you turn it off? Using the Icon under the Battery Icon? Or using the actual button along the edge?

Well, OFF does not necessarily mean off as the clock is still running but I don't think anything else should be. My second pb was off for a bit more than 2 weeks during my recent vacation (primary went along for the ride). It was still almost fully charged when I turned it back on.

One time anomaly? Or has this happened more often?
    It happened 2 days ago and I hope It's a one time anomaly. I use the icon to turn off. The battery health still holding at 89%.
    09-15-13 10:42 PM
    My PlayBook is completely down and refuses to turn on. Charging no longer works. Lost of ideas on how to get it working again.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 11:03 PM
    My PlayBook is completely down and refuses to turn on. Charging no longer works. Lost of ideas on how to get it working again.

Posted via CB10
    Your playbook need intense cpr. There are threads about how to stack charge you playbook in the forum.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-15-13 11:11 PM
    I had this problem with my Playbook before I spotted the problem. When I thought I was turning it off with the icon the screen was going dark which I assumed was off but it was still actually a very dark blue. I saw this when I put my hand to the screen and I was able to see the reflection. Have not had this issue since installing the latest update but I still double check the screen after turning it off.
    09-15-13 11:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    When you try to turn it on do you get any light flash signals?
    09-16-13 02:24 AM
    It happened 2 days ago and I hope It's a one time anomaly. I use the icon to turn off. The battery health still holding at 89%.
    There are sometimes rogue apps that refuse to let go. I usually check Advanced App Manager to see if any Android ported apps are still active.
    09-16-13 02:29 AM
    A day or two after I updated I found both of my PlayBooks dead. I don't recall if they were in standby or off before this happened but it was unusual. I don't go longer then 12 hours between uses and if the battery had been lower than 70% I would have plugged it in when I left it. Fortunately both charged without issue. I have since rebooted one more time and everything seems back to normal. I just assumed it had something to do with the update.
    09-16-13 06:34 AM
    When you try to turn it on do you get any light flash signals?
    The first couple of time it did not. I thought I miss that little on button. I tried the third time it flames red and chimed.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 06:59 AM
    This has only started happening to me AFTER the latest update (which seems to do nothing else).

I even turned it on airplane mode, but still it was drained by the morning!

How aggravating!
    09-16-13 07:52 AM
    This has only started happening to me AFTER the latest update (which seems to do nothing else).

I even turned it on airplane mode, but still it was drained by the morning!

How aggravating!
    That is certainly a concern. Hope a few restart would correct the issue.
    09-16-13 08:13 AM
    Never had that happen to either of my 2 64gb units. My neighbor however had this happen to him once. About 6/8 weeks ago, he came over and said his PB is dead. He said it was on a charging dock "charging" for a couple of days.
    When he picked it up, it was dead. I looked at it, yup. no power. I asked if he made sure it was positioned correctly etc. yes. Contacts clean. Yes.

So I stacked charged it for him to get it up and running, and has been solid ever since, no issues, charging normally etc.

One off event for this PB? don't know yet, but i/we are watching it, but as of now, I would say it was a one time event/issue.

For what it be worth.....

c
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    09-16-13 12:27 PM
    I use my playbook while commuting between home and work. Once upon a time I use to keep my playbook on standby mode before I start my work for the day and just swipe up after work because it's such a pain to start the device. I have a couple of experiences of battery drainage. Perhaps certain apps were running in the background. Since then I turn the pb off before work and turn it back on after work just to prevent battery drainage. Usually my battery level is around the 90% charged when I turn it off. A couple of days ago, my playbook did not turn back on and the battery is completely drained and it even emit the chiming sound indicate 0% battery. I would assume when I turn off the playbook there will be nothing running in the background or foreground. Anyone experience this and have an explanation for it?
    this happened to me twice, but i was in standby,,, tbh, tho, i think i may have not been paying attn to battery level...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-16-13 01:13 PM
    OFF TOPIC:

just out of curiosity, how long does a mini keyboard charge last??? i use mine prob a few times a week, & i haven't charged it in a couple of months...

p.s. thanks for the momentary hijack, Bambino...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-16-13 01:19 PM
    Standby means screen off,nothing else. Try streaming audio on the browser, then press the power button briefly - goes into standby but music she still come.

Biggest power user is searching for wifi, so playbook on standby in your pocket on walkabout in town and the thing gets hot searching in vain for wifi. Will drain fast.
    09-16-13 02:04 PM
    OFF TOPIC:

just out of curiosity, how long does a mini keyboard charge last??? i use mine prob a few times a week, & i haven't charged it in a couple of months...

p.s. thanks for the momentary hijack, Bambino...
    No worries. I think it last just a couple months. Fortunately, unlike playbook it does not die nor require CPR. 15/20 minute on the playbook charger should fully charged the keyboard.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    09-16-13 02:09 PM