01-03-14 03:08 PM
81 ... 234
tools
    Try this first. Hold the power button down for 20seconds with the plug connected to prevent self booting. Leave on charge. Hopefully then you will just get the red, then pulsing yell green, then solid green.
    If not......
    That lightening bolt symbol usually occurs when you pull the plug. If you are not actually pulling the plug it's probably a bad connection. USB socket damage is the most likely.
    I would get a rapid charger or rapid dock that uses the magnetic port next door . Should be under $20 on Amazon.
    If it does not charge right away with the rapid charger, start to look at the stack charging suggestions.

If that's not a fix you will need to pull the back off and start poking around for bad connections, but not now.
    I dont want to lose any data and i didn't pull the plug. maybe usb port is broken but any other ideas?
    09-29-13 04:47 PM
    Same thing happened to me, PB has no battery so i put charger in. red light comes on for about 5-10 seconds then goes to a yellow light. Battery symbol comes up with lighting bolt through it. after a few minutes it turns on with 0% battery. only a few minutes before it turns off. please help me because i really need it and i dont know what to do!!!!!
    It turns on but in a few minutes turns off? Can you see the screen? If so immediately put tablet in standby mode and continue charging. Are you using Blackberry Playbook charger withe the wire that came with it. and if so which one.

Inspect ports and charger including wire.
    09-29-13 05:51 PM
    I don't remember how, but I turned it ON, but after 2 days it's dead again... So I gave up...
    12-17-13 03:51 AM
    I've had the exact same issue for some time now. If you were able to resurrect your Playbook, please inform me on how you went about doing so.
    01-03-14 01:02 PM
    I am unclear on how you went about using both the standard charger and the rapid charger. I have both, so this would be very helpful
    01-03-14 01:05 PM
    I am unclear on how you went about using both the standard charger and the rapid charger. I have both, so this would be very helpful
    do a stack charge,,, plug playbook into a surge protector if you have one, (if not, remove plug from outlet @ the same frequency),,, turn it on for 2 mins, then off for 1 min,,, repeat 'til it starts to hold a charge & then let charge normally...
    01-03-14 03:08 PM
81 ... 234