then i've found your article and began to start this procedure of stack charging.but with time, my battery level's decreasing.. right now when i'm opening it, it's showing 4%. but i'm afraid i'm continuing stack charging. i've been doing that for a while. (almost 2hours now) but level isn't rising in fact.
    so, what can i do? plz help me...
    If you can boot and see the battery level of 4% then you shouldn't be stack charging. Are you sure the charger is working?
    07-03-13 01:15 PM
    Bad charger? Damaged usb port? Not plugged in correctly? Do you see any lights when you plug the charge in with the unit switched off?
    i don't think, it's the charger, because, i can recharge completely my other cell phone with it. And i see red light and continuous yellow lights after that when it's switched off. But it i keep it on, it doesn't show LED indication. Just lightening bolt in the red battery in the upper right corner of the homescreen.

Yesterday, another event happened. It moved past 4% and got up to 8%. I've waited for 12 hours. But then it's stuck there . In fact, now it's started decreasing and reached 6%. So what shall i do? keep charging? and should i keep it on? or off? (because sometimes it automatically decreases when it's off. Sometimes, automatically decreases when it's on.)
    07-03-13 10:33 PM
    i don't think, it's the charger, because, i can recharge completely my other cell phone with it. And i see red light and continuous yellow lights after that when it's switched off. But it i keep it on, it doesn't show LED indication. Just lightening bolt in the red battery in the upper right corner of the homescreen.

Yesterday, another event happened. It moved past 4% and got up to 8%. I've waited for 12 hours. But then it's stuck there . In fact, now it's started decreasing and reached 6%. So what shall i do? keep charging? and should i keep it on? or off? (because sometimes it automatically decreases when it's off. Sometimes, automatically decreases when it's on.)
    The red battery with the lightning bolt means there is not sufficient power for the PB to boot. The pulsing yellow lights should mean it is charging and should be left alone with the display off until the light turns green. Is the charger we are talking about the official BB Playbook charger and the same one you were previously able to charge the PB with at a reasonable rate? And is your other phone a Blackberry?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-04-13 03:31 AM
    The red battery with the lightning bolt means there is not sufficient power for the PB to boot. The pulsing yellow lights should mean it is charging and should be left alone with the display off until the light turns green. Is the charger we are talking about the official BB Playbook charger and the same one you were previously able to charge the PB with at a reasonable rate? And is your other phone a Blackberry?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, i think, the charger's okay and it's the official BB Playbook charger and the same one I was previously able to charge the PB with at a reasonable rate. Today a new incident happened. After becoming completely discharged on its own, playbook's been shut down automatically. Then, when i connected it with the wall charger, 10 seconds of red LED and pulsing yellow lights are seen. Then a big red battery sign with a lightening bolt appeared in the middle of the display. (FYI, i wasn't getting it previously despite after 2 hours of stack charging.) Now the display is off and yellow light's pulsing. Now what should i do? Should i keep charging without turning it on? And how much time should i wait?

Please, let me know.. I'm becoming impatient dat by day...
    07-04-13 09:18 AM
    The green/yellow pulsing light indicates the PB is turned off and charging. I would just leave it alone. It will be a solid light when it charged to 100%. It sounds to me like maybe a bad connection which is allowing it to charge sometimes and other times not. The battery guru app could help determine if it is actually charging.
    You're using the charger that came with the PB? It should have a 1.8A output.
    07-04-13 09:33 AM
    The green/yellow pulsing light indicates the PB is turned off and charging. I would just leave it alone. It will be a solid light when it charged to 100%. It sounds to me like maybe a bad connection which is allowing it to charge sometimes and other times not. The battery guru app could help determine if it is actually charging.
    You're using the charger that came with the PB? It should have a 1.8A output.
    Yes, i'm using the charger that came with the PB. But i've left it alone yesterday for 8-10 hours switching it off. It was showing the green/yellow pulsing light then too. (But as i said earlier, before starting it, it didn't show big red battery sign with a lightening bolt appeared in the middle of the display like today.)
    But the charge didn't increase a bit. In fact, it decreases from 8% to 6%.... so, i am now afraid for happening it again.
    FYI, earlier today i've shown it to a local electronics expert. But he didn't figure out the cause too. He told me that, the charging unit, battery, OS, IC- everything seem okay. But, really i am now curious about the problem and not able to buy another one. So, what's your opinion about it?

Thanks in advance...
    07-04-13 10:27 AM
    07-04-13 10:54 AM
    Here's the link to the Knowledge Base article. Whether it helps, I don't know.

KB27705-BlackBerry PlayBook battery power charge, discharge characteristics, and guidance on extending battery life
    Thanks. But actually i've read it hundred times.. no specific information about my problem.
    Now it's been charging without any interruption for 4.5 hours. (The pulsing yellow light is still showing and the playbook is still switched off.)
    Should i try to switch it on now?
    07-04-13 12:46 PM
    After 5 hours you should be able to turn it on.
    You say the battery % went down while charging? Was there a lightning bolt over the battery icon while you were charging?
    If you can get it to boot then buy the Battery Guru app to monitor the charge rate could help determine problem.

We had a problem with one of ours last weekend. It was left dead for a few days at least. The first attempt it showed a red light then pulsing green but after a few hours there was no lights and still dead. The second attempt showed the red light then pulsing green again but I turned it on after 3 hours. Battery Guru showed 0% and a very low charge rate for about 4 hours then it went back to charging normally.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-04-13 01:28 PM
    You should also look at the magnetic rapid charger. I prefer this better than the usb charger that came with the unit and several folks have reported that this charger brought their unit back to life when stack charging with the usb would not.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-04-13 01:37 PM
    After 5 hours you should be able to turn it on.
    You say the battery % went down while charging? Was there a lightning bolt over the battery icon while you were charging?
    If you can get it to boot then buy the Battery Guru app to monitor the charge rate could help determine problem.

We had a problem with one of ours last weekend. It was left dead for a few days at least. The first attempt it showed a red light then pulsing green but after a few hours there was no lights and still dead. The second attempt showed the red light then pulsing green again but I turned it on after 3 hours. Battery Guru showed 0% and a very low charge rate for about 4 hours then it went back to charging normally.
    Thanks.. I'll try to download the app if i can launch wifi with playbook after having sufficient charge..

But now when i've tried to open it, the same thing happened. It hasn't turned on. And then, when i connected it with the wall charger again, 10 seconds of red LED and pulsing yellow lights are seen. Then a big red battery sign with a lightening bolt appeared in the middle of the display...

after 5 hours of charging??? can you believe it???

now what should i do?? please do suggest...
    07-04-13 01:52 PM
    You should also look at the magnetic rapid charger. I prefer this better than the usb charger that came with the unit and several folks have reported that this charger brought their unit back to life when stack charging with the usb would not.
    Actually, i live in Bangladesh. Here it isn't possible to buy magnetic charger of blackberry. I have to order it from abroad. And for me, it's a very very lengthy process without any assurance of resolving my playbook problem. So, i am afraid, it isn't really an option here.

Is there any other suggestion you can tell me?
    07-04-13 01:57 PM
    My next suggestion would be to leave it plugged in overnight if the light is pulsing.

You're plugging it in correctly? The BB logo on the usb plug should be on the screen side. You looked carefully inside the port for damaged pins?
    I wouldn't unplug it until you either give up or resolve this issue.
    07-04-13 02:33 PM
    My next suggestion would be to leave it plugged in overnight if the light is pulsing.

You're plugging it in correctly? The BB logo on the usb plug should be on the screen side. You looked carefully inside the port for damaged pins?
    I wouldn't unplug it until you either give up or resolve this issue.
    Ok. i'll not unplug it until morning.
    5 minutes ago, I've opened the back case to investigate further. I've seen that all connections are okay except one.
    There's a golden coloured ribbon-like structure which is attached with the right battery with a tape. Do you know what's this for?
    It's connection is loose. Can it be the cause of not opening?
    07-04-13 03:27 PM
    Ok. i'll not unplug it until morning.
    5 minutes ago, I've opened the back case to investigate further. I've seen that all connections are okay except one.
    There's a golden coloured ribbon-like structure which is attached with the right battery with a tape. Do you know what's this for?
    It's connection is loose. Can it be the cause of not opening?
    I don't have the link at the moment but there is a video on opening and describing the insides and, if I recall, also a series of still photos of someone taking it apart.
    abirshaqran likes this.
    07-04-13 04:55 PM
    I don't have the link at the moment but there is a video on opening and describing the insides and, if I recall, also a series of still photos of someone taking it apart.
    One source is iFixit.

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Black...eardown/5265/1

Videos are also available.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...layer_embedded
    abirshaqran likes this.
    07-04-13 05:14 PM
    After connecting it with the wall charger since last night, suddenly my playbook opened automatically a few minutes earlier. But it's a matter of great regret that, my touch screen isn't working anymore...

Thanks..But i've watched the videos earlier. Actually i've torn it apart a few times for finding out. But as i said earlier, no visible problem can be seen (except the ribbon loose connection.i think, its connection circuit is damaged. And i've guessed that this may be the cause of not working my touch screen.)

Now i have two major problems..
    1. My battery is showing the charging sign. But it isn't increasing.
    2. My touch screen isn't working,

I'm getting pessimist minute by minute..
    07-05-13 01:33 AM
    Same thing happened to me, PB has no battery so i put charger in. red light comes on for about 5-10 seconds then goes to a yellow light. Battery symbol comes up with lighting bolt through it. after a few minutes it turns on with 0% battery. only a few minutes before it turns off. please help me because i really need it and i dont know what to do!!!!!
    09-28-13 11:20 AM
    Same thing happened to me, PB has no battery so i put charger in. red light comes on for about 5-10 seconds then goes to a yellow light. Battery symbol comes up with lighting bolt through it. after a few minutes it turns on with 0% battery. only a few minutes before it turns off. please help me because i really need it and i dont know what to do!!!!!
    09-28-13 11:22 AM
    Try this first. Hold the power button down for 20seconds with the plug connected to prevent self booting. Leave on charge. Hopefully then you will just get the red, then pulsing yell green, then solid green.
    If not......
    That lightening bolt symbol usually occurs when you pull the plug. If you are not actually pulling the plug it's probably a bad connection. USB socket damage is the most likely.
    I would get a rapid charger or rapid dock that uses the magnetic port next door . Should be under �$20 on Amazon.
    If it does not charge right away with the rapid charger, start to look at the stack charging suggestions.

If that's not a fix you will need to pull the back off and start poking around for bad connections, but not now.
    Last edited by jarviser; 09-28-13 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Trypo
    09-28-13 11:46 AM
    I still have my dead playbook...
    09-28-13 03:50 PM
    I still have my dead playbook...
    Since July?? I would trash it.
    09-28-13 05:31 PM
    After connecting it with the wall charger since last night, suddenly my playbook opened automatically a few minutes earlier. But it's a matter of great regret that, my touch screen isn't working anymore...

Thanks..But i've watched the videos earlier. Actually i've torn it apart a few times for finding out. But as i said earlier, no visible problem can be seen (except the ribbon loose connection.i think, its connection circuit is damaged. And i've guessed that this may be the cause of not working my touch screen.)

Now i have two major problems..
    1. My battery is showing the charging sign. But it isn't increasing.
    2. My touch screen isn't working,

I'm getting pessimist minute by minute..
    Contact BlackBerry PlayBook Support and go from there.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    09-28-13 06:46 PM
    I have the exact problem as you. For me this torment started after I installed the upgrade 2.1.0.1753. However, I found 1 way to minimize battery drainage: turn the wi-fi off when charging, when in stand by or when restart. Advise me if this works for you.
    09-28-13 10:03 PM
    Contact BlackBerry PlayBook Support and go from there.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Not much point. He has taken the back off. Blackberry will make him pay a fortune even if in warranty. Repair costs will be more than the cost of a new one, better yet, a decent android tablet.
    09-29-13 03:46 AM
81 1234