01-25-12 12:51 AM
31 12
tools
    Seems the ones without the bulge are in the minority.
    01-24-12 09:32 PM
    Interesting... I know this has been around since almost Day 1. My 64G PB has been in an Otterbox case since I've had it. I'm thinking it's time to take it out and check out the back for any possible heat problems. I don't recall it feeling hot through the case but you guys have me worried now.

I have a second 64G on the way from Blackberry this week. It will be interesting to compare the back of mine with 9 months use on it to a brand new one.

I won't be so paranoid with the new one and won't feel like I have to protect it to the nth degree. A lighter case or naked PB this time.
    01-24-12 09:42 PM

The other day I was actually thinking about the BB logo to be an ''external heatsink'', these chips doesn't require alot of cooling to begin with, but the PB will heat up, so placing an heatsink that points outwards the back of the PB makes perfect sense.
    This is really interesting: Like Geox shoes material for PB's backplate eh? Breathable rubber which would excess heat but water proof. This may solve the bulging problem ! - maybe not.

Although, if someone able to make a cut out hole on my PB right at the BB logo, replace the logo's chrome part with some sort of breathable material / water & dust proof - I will put my money on - and likewise to all the cases.
    01-24-12 10:31 PM
    I just noticed a very slight bump directly where the logo is, I'm guessing it may just be the metal of the logo slightly raising it, i'll be checking on it periodically from now on
    01-24-12 11:55 PM
    video of my PB 64 GB bulge [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhHFg1i5QQ8[/YT]
    01-25-12 12:09 AM
    mine is identical to your video, i got the 16 gb version. i am not worried, i believe it to be cosmetic.
    01-25-12 12:51 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD