Personal attacks, aside from severely detracting from the value of any point you may be attempting to make, are against the rules of these fora, and are cause for ban-hammerage. Also, I disagree with your assessment of ignorance.

No, RF8655 neither stated nor impied that he was considering the purchase of a new tablet as an additional, second tablet to use in parallel with his existing PB. To suggest that someone would buy a second PB when they already have one is ridiculous; you can really only use one at a time.

While RF8655 never explicitly said that he was "leaving RIM for Apple," as you put it, it was strongly implied, and it seems to me that only a preconceived agenda could persuade someone to interpret it in the way that you did. Comments like "I question RIM's future and shaky customer service" sure sound to me like someone who's making a change, not an addition.

While alnamvet was certainly being dismissive here, it seems at more likely that he was wishing merely that RF8655 would quit with the equivocation and beating around the bush than that he should leave the RIMsphere altogether.

Glass houses, my friend.
    Sorry but you cannot both defend Playbook fanboy obnoxiousness and criticize someone for being obnoxious to the fanboys. No matter how you look at it, that is simply hypocrisy....
    03-13-12 12:24 AM
    Sorry but you cannot both defend Playbook fanboy obnoxiousness and criticize someone for being obnoxious to the fanboys. No matter how you look at it, that is simply hypocrisy....
    Your assessment of my post as hypocritical relies on an objective assessment of alnamvet's post as obnoxious fanboy-ism. But since the very first line of my post establishes that I didn't find his post to be obnoxious fanboy-ism, it is logically consistent, and therefore not hypocritical.

As I read it, alnamvet was being the exact opposite of a PB fanboy when he encouraged RF8655 (in an admittedly frustrated and curt manner) to just buy an iPad since it obviously met his needs, and stop cluttering the PB forum with iPad fawning. If alnamvet had expressed himself like a PB fanboy, he would have argued that the PB was objectively better than the iPad and that RF shouldn't buy the Apple product, instead of what he did argue, which was that each consumer in the tablet market should decide for themselves which tablet best meets their needs, and buy that one. So yeah, I'd characterize that as the very opposite of the unreasoning partiality that marks a fanboy.

Now if you want to ding me for calling out VanCity for his histrionic overreaction while not criticizing alnamvet for his rudeness, you'll gain some traction there, but not much, because I didn't post simply to chastise the attitude, but because Van's post was riddled with mischaracterizations of RF8655's original words and ensuing logical missteps. Alnamvet, on the other hand, responded to the actual meaning of what RF had written.
    Last edited by cletis; 03-13-12 at 10:10 AM.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    03-13-12 08:58 AM
    Someone definitely has a teacher to thank. I am always at a loss, but not surprised, how any post by anyone, can be convincingly spun around, to mean something entirely different then what the originator had intended. It really all goes to the agenda and personal bias' of the spinmeister.

Nice try Van, but Cletis gets the cigar.
    03-13-12 09:10 AM
    03-13-12 10:15 AM
    Holy carp! 300 of 'em??!!
    03-13-12 11:24 AM
    Now that's a deal. If I hadn't already bought six of them as gifts, I'd go buy some more!
    03-13-12 11:48 AM
    I chkd yesterday early p.m. .. had ended already, and also only available to continental u.s.a. !
    03-14-12 03:50 PM
    Future Shop Canada ad recieved this am. pricing efftive March 16 to 22
    BBPB 16GB $199.00,, 32GB $249.00 no mention of a 64
    JFYI...
    Same pricing at Staples as per their ad

No mention of that OTHER thing released the last week or so.. "Ipid" or something like that.
    Last edited by taylor96; 03-15-12 at 11:12 AM. Reason: add staples
    03-15-12 10:57 AM
    I took this picture today at a Walmart in Canada.

Click to view quoted image
    Dont buy it.

Buy from a cheaper outlet.
    03-15-12 11:19 AM
    Dropped by another YYC Wal' outlet for some solar lighting yesterday, and wandered into their electonics compound, to eyeball PB stock. Shocked twice to see a couple units behind the glass lockup .... 32gb, and priced at $598.

Which is no biggie as i think Wal' still price matches. ie. If a buyer had the Cdnbased LondonDrugs flyer (eff.mar13-apr1st) which states $249 !! 2 LD outlets I chkd at only had 16s.

Too bad I have a large (unbudgeted) dental bill in progress zzzzz ouch yowser !
    Last edited by Cracklen; 03-21-12 at 12:48 PM.
    03-21-12 12:46 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD