my playbook is awesome, battery is amazing hold charge for a very long time, the only thing that i worry about is the back doesnt seem flat its not pushing out a lot just a little and it gets warm when useing it for a little while game wise, is this somthing to take up with bestbuy or should i not fuss over it and keep enjoying my PB??
    05-18-12 01:39 PM
    I have the same situation. I read a ton of posts and threads about this. No one consensus. But if your playbook is working, and you're happy with it... many have said that as long as its performing fine its not worth risking bringing it back or sending it to RIM as you may get something far worse like dead pixels AND still a bulging back.
    MrNerdNet likes this.
    05-18-12 01:56 PM
    I wouldn't worry about the buldge unless it seems to get larger over time. Certainly your right to return it if that bothers you, but as pointman mentioned, the next may have a buldge as well. Both of mine had a slight buldge when purchased and both still working fine.

PB's get a litttle warm while playing games or video for long periods. If you want to know what temp the OS is reporting then download the Battery Guru app. In the export file of the app you can see reported temperatures.
    MrNerdNet and peter9477 like this.
    05-18-12 02:13 PM
    Thank you both. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. I use it all day everyday and iv only had issues with a case causing feedback issue with the speakers and screen. Took off the case and worked perfect again. Last time I buy non bb accessories
    05-18-12 02:21 PM
    My 1 month old PB too. It does seem lots if not all have the bulge. I've read many posts and it seems the norm.

I'm not too worried unless it ends up looking like half a melon.
    MrNerdNet likes this.
    05-18-12 02:31 PM
    The bulge comes from the process of "staking" the BB Logo onto the back, and some surface distortion happens when the press is applying to much pressure during the staking process.

The Logo is over the motherboard/proccessor, (not the batteries) and DOES NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. You can feel the space underneath if you press on the Logo and can feel the "void".

Purely cosmetic if your PB is in a case, or, if you use your PB "naked" (the PB, not you), the rocking can be very distracting/bothersome while typing on it.

And as previous responder mentioned, yes the PB wil get warm when you are running the proccessor under a good load (i.e. "high end" gaming, multiple Apps open etc.

In otherwords, you have nothing to really worry about, except for typing on a flat surface if your PB is not in a case.

C
    05-18-12 02:38 PM
    @Carl Estes 'if you use your PB "naked" (the PB, not you)' <-- I use it both ways ! No im not, just kidding
    05-18-12 04:39 PM
    Both my PB's have the "bulge" and work perfect.......I did notice that after the last update my 16GB ran a little warmer (bought my 64GB after the last update...)
    05-18-12 06:29 PM
    Don't sweat it, mine have the bulge too. Just a bit of plastic warping from the heat over the CPU. Shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    05-19-12 12:38 AM
    ur playbook is growing
    ur getting more than you asked (paid) for
    so what do you want? :P
    05-19-12 01:04 AM
    The bulge comes from the process of "staking" the BB Logo onto the back, and some surface distortion happens when the press is applying to much pressure during the staking process.

The Logo is over the motherboard/proccessor, (not the batteries) and DOES NOT TOUCH ANYTHING. You can feel the space underneath if you press on the Logo and can feel the "void".

Purely cosmetic if your PB is in a case, or, if you use your PB "naked" (the PB, not you), the rocking can be very distracting/bothersome while typing on it.

And as previous responder mentioned, yes the PB wil get warm when you are running the proccessor under a good load (i.e. "high end" gaming, multiple Apps open etc.

In otherwords, you have nothing to really worry about, except for typing on a flat surface if your PB is not in a case.

C
    Damn! I like that brother, answer the question as described! Good job. I will definitely be looking for post by you my friend. I like it.
    05-19-12 01:12 AM
    I tend to have a bulge when I use my PB naked.

>_>
    05-20-12 01:16 AM
    I tend to have a bulge when I use my PB naked.

>_>
    Another thread addresses this BOTH bulges can be fixed using a hair dryer and then forcing the itemS back into place!

But seriously, there is a thread where a guy used a hair dryer to heat the back bulge and press it back into a flat condition until it cooled back down. He reported that after sufficient use it did not recur. It did not cause any damage that he was aware of.
    05-20-12 07:53 AM
    The heat will disappear if you turn the application behavior to default....
    06-13-12 05:58 PM
    That may be true if you have many apps running at once. My PB will heat up with just the browser open streaming video. I don't think there is anything abnormal about it though.
    tmaxx123 likes this.
    06-13-12 06:21 PM
    I just picked up the silicone protector hope this doesn't cause any heat issues?
    06-13-12 08:37 PM
    How do I do that?
    06-13-12 08:56 PM
    Bulge is a common occurrence:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-607053/

It is a cosmetic defect and shouldn't be much of a concern, if it doesn't grow over time.

And yes, the back will get warm (and quite warm under load).
    06-13-12 08:58 PM
    How do I do that?
    Actually from the settings -->general--> application behavior..
    I should, although, admit that after three days of Default mode I don't really see a big difference... Must be a software issue...
    06-15-12 04:19 AM
    I put a full body zagg shield and the back doesn't feel as bulged. I say that cause it doesn't spin when I set it down any more
    06-20-12 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD