So the Playbook is finally available in stores in India.
    Don't know about other countries but it seems RIM has their marketing tied up nicely in India. Front Page ads. And they have decated kiosks in the big electronic chain stores with RIM trained people manning them. They even wear the Blackberry t-shirts.
    And then in India they have exclusive Blackberry stores, which only sell all things RIM.
    I don't know if the marketing is done by RIM or their India sales partner Reddington.
    Anyway I'm posting the ad pics here. I like the back page where it says " The trick isn't to do many things, but to do them simultaneously" Sums up the PB quite well.
    Front Page:

Reverse Page:
    Last edited by sam_b77; 06-23-11 at 01:03 AM.
    takeo and Rob Robertson like this.
    06-23-11 12:59 AM
    Cool stuff. Thanks for the pictures!
    06-23-11 02:18 AM
    Mostly only Blackberry fanboys will buy it as for others iPad 2 is still the king.
    And the multitasking thing is a copy of WebOS so I am eagerly waiting for the Real Tablet ie HP Touchpad.
    06-23-11 04:26 AM
    Mostly only Blackberry fanboys will buy it as for others iPad 2 is still the king.
    And the multitasking thing is a copy of WebOS so I am eagerly waiting for the Real Tablet ie HP Touchpad.
    Hello Apple's *****
    06-23-11 04:33 AM
    Wow... I call that bad marketing...

"work smarter. play harder." wtf? That's old stupid slogan-advertising - who uses that??

"Speed freaking"???

Did you read what they mean with "professional grade"???
    Dual Core CPU, Accelerometer, Gyroscope (Games)... Wow...

And there is not even one app icon flying out of the PB on that ad I recognize (except for BBM which doesn't work without a BB...)

I now believe, RIM doesn't even know how they should get out of the trouble. They have no competitive edge. Sad.

Here is my opinion on tablets anyway, so don't bash me:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/pl...settle-623781/

It just proves I'm right / GAMES GAMES GAMES.

Edit: I love how they say that the PlayBook supports HTML... lol...
    Is this an official ad from RIM???? they should be ashamed.
    Last edited by Takeo; 06-23-11 at 07:25 AM. Reason: typo
    06-23-11 06:11 AM
    Yeah. That proofs it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 06:16 AM

"work smarter. play harder." wtf? That's old stupid slogan-advertising - who uses that??

It just proofs I'm right / GAMES GAMES GAMES.
    1) It is used commonly in India, which is why they used it @ old stupid slogan- advertising.
    2) And the word is 'PROVES'
    06-23-11 07:16 AM
    Yeauh, it actually says nothing about games nor implies anything about games, but nevermind.

"Speed freaking"???

And there is not even one app icon flying out of the PB on that ad I recognize (except for BBM which doesn't work without a BB...)

I now believe, RIM doesn't even know how they should get out of the trouble. They have no competitive edge. Sad.

It just proofs I'm right / GAMES GAMES GAMES.
    06-23-11 07:16 AM
    Yeauh, it actually says nothing about games nor implies anything about games, but nevermind.
    Really?

Here is what it says, word by word:

"Professional grade"

'Get a supercharged tablet experience with a 1Ghz dual-core processor and discover a whole new side of gaming with an accelerometer and a six-axis gyroscope.'

I think it's quite clear it's about games.
    06-23-11 07:21 AM
    Do you see what else it says? Its hardly all GAMES, GAMES, GAMES as you seem to think. How could it be? There are hardly any games available and 99% of the ones that do exist are junk. Games are merely a side effect, sure it's an important aspect to a tablet these days but its not what that Ad is focused on. You merely want to validate your opinion, so ok, i'll give it to you, it's all about GAMES GAMES GAMES and nothing else.

Really?

Here is what it says, word by word:

"Professional grade"

'Get a supercharged tablet experience with a 1Ghz dual-core processor and discover a whole new side of gaming with an accelerometer and a six-axis gyroscope.'

I think it's quite clear it's about games.
    06-23-11 07:29 AM

"Speed freaking"???

It just proves I'm right / GAMES GAMES GAMES.

Edit: I love how they say that the PlayBook supports HTML... lol...
    Is this an official ad from RIM???? they should be ashamed.
    Takeo,
    Do you get paid for every visit to the your post?
    You seem to be plugging the link to your dubiously distinguished post in every reply.
    Tell us the secret so we also get to share the $$$'s.
    06-23-11 09:46 AM
    Takeo,
    You seem to be plugging the link to your dubiously distinguished post in every reply.
    Hey Sam...

no, not exactly. I just feel that I can actually answer a lot of posts with my thoughts I wrote down in that post. And it took me some time to manage the post, so I am rather unhappy in having it written just for some few readers and then see it disappear in the space of the world wide web.

But thx for noticing - I do not want to push it.

Takeo
    06-23-11 10:06 AM
    I love how he thinks every word is Gospel and everyone should be fortunate enough to see it!...

Takeo,
    takeo likes this.
    06-23-11 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD