hi, i just got a playbook a couple days ago & its pretty amazing. im a dj and i want to record my sessions at the clubs. i can do this with my mac but i dont like bringing my 2000 worth computer to a club. its there a way to record audio in to the blackbook with a 3.5 jack. would work kinda like a mic headset plug in to the jack. or is there any app that can probably do this?? .... thanks!!
    teeuwen likes this.
    01-12-12 07:05 PM
    Voice notes app would work I suppose. The jack supports a mic. It works with the headset that comes with the phones. Only mono though I think. Not sure if you could work with that.
    01-12-12 07:15 PM
    The built-in stereo mics are actually pretty good. I've used the PB to record video at live rock gigs, and the mics & auto gain control can handle the volume.

Using a TRRS breakout cable you could probably record a line signal, aux send or (adjustable) headphone output from the DJ mixer. But it will be mono.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-13-12 08:01 AM
    Tried without success to plug an mp3 player into the stereo jack and get voice recorder to pick it up as a line-in.

What about usb microphone?

Usb microphone Apps - Android

Or is the fact that PB locks up the USB hosting going to make usb microphone a no go for now?
    01-23-12 10:21 PM
    For now, that's correct. Except the term "locked up"... the USB support is simply not finished. Nobody's locked anything up.
    01-23-12 10:35 PM
    Tried without success to plug an mp3 player into the stereo jack and get voice recorder to pick it up as a line-in.
    What kind of cable did you use? A standard TRS to TRS or TRRS to TRRS would have connected your MP3 player's headphone's to the PlayBook's headphones. You need some sort of breakout cable to actually get it correct, or a cable specially designed for it (unlikely to existing without making it yourself). I suspect a TRRS to RCA with composite video + stereo audio would likely connect the composite video connector to the microphone.
    01-23-12 11:36 PM
    I recently bough a 3.5mm 4 conductor (TRRS) to stereo jack (TRS) for a few bucks off ebay and it didn't work for recording purposes. Here's a link someone posted on the forum to a cable that might work work with the PB for recording audio. I would check with the manufacturer to be sure though.
    iPhone 1/4 inch microphone or guitar and 1/4 inch headphone adapter - 3.5mm 4 conductor TRRS Male to 1/4in TRS Headphone Jack and 1/4in Microphone Jack
    Last edited by space_traveler; 01-24-12 at 06:13 AM.
    01-24-12 05:52 AM
    You might want to query Blue Microphones to see if they have tried their mobile microphones on the PB yet.
    01-24-12 10:20 AM
    I have a feeling its one of these...

Audio Adapters and Mini Plugs from Audiogear.com

But which one would help adapt from mono mic to stereo? Or is it even possible to make a mono mic into a stereo micro with any kind of adapter?

Here's what blackberry site says about the mics onboard. Am I reading that correctly to say the PB can only record on one channel?

One other thing is this site that tests down a playbook and you get to see the arrangements of the headphone/mic jack.

BlackBerry PlayBook Teardown: Headphone jack and right-side microphone | 53 of 80

I got the free app audionote and it has a pull-down for mics which lists "qnx microphone" as the one available. Does plugging in a mic to the headphone jack just cut off the external mics and record through the jack instead? Thanks to anyone who can help , just trying to figure this all out.

Last edited by aloon69; 01-24-12 at 09:10 PM.
    01-24-12 06:58 PM
    You might want to query Blue Microphones to see if they have tried their mobile microphones on the PB yet.
    They won't work. They would require USB Host Mode and USB Audio drivers on the PB, neither of which are available either in 1.08 or (non-rooted) current 2.0 beta.
    01-24-12 10:31 PM
    But which one would help adapt from mono mic to stereo? Or is it even possible to make a mono mic into a stereo micro with any kind of adapter?
    When using the headphone jack, there is only 1 input channel, whatever mic or adapter you use. The only way to record stereo is using the built-in mics.
    01-24-12 10:34 PM
    I actually tried out the native voice recorder app and it was very decent..at least when your close to it. But music is loud enough for the playbook to record it at a distance. As far as mics go I'd think it would work. If you look at the jack there are three metal parts extruding in the 3.5mm jack. I don't know if all mics are compatible though.
    01-24-12 11:07 PM
    Oh well , it looks pretty hopeless to line-in stereo audio for recording. Was worth a try. I guess as a past poster said, we can hope some day that the USB port is opened up to hosting and a usb mic driver can be made that works with PB.

I have a couple Archos dvr recorder/players that are pretty awesome at recording video and audio via stereo line-in. They are both usb enabled, now if I could just be able to connect them ...
    01-25-12 05:32 PM
    My logitech headphones with mic don't register a sound when trying to record with mic plugged in. The mic holes still pick up ambient sound when the jack mic is plugged in, but no sound from the mic in the jack.

I guess only certain mics work...

This mic has 2 rings on lt, if that makes any difference.
    01-28-12 04:43 PM
    My logitech headphones with mic don't register a sound when trying to record with mic plugged in. [...] This mic has 2 rings on lt, if that makes any difference.
    I expect ypour headphone cable has a split at the end, with one plug for the headphone and another for the mic. The PB expects them to be combined into one 4-way plug. These are often called TRRS for tip-ring-ring-sleeve, and correspond to left output, right output, mono input and ground.
    Herve5 likes this.
    01-30-12 03:33 PM
    Okay, thanks for the reply.

I'll keep my eyes open for mic/headphone with a single input pin. This one did have two like you guessed.

Thanks.
    01-30-12 03:40 PM
    Hey all,

I also have a need to record from a mixer board (any source) to the PlayBook. I have been successful to a limit but my findings are not conclusive yet.

The key is that you need a TRRS 3.5mm plug T is left audio, R is right audio, 2nd R is Ground/common and the S the mic/line in.

What I have done is make a 1/4 TS plug connected to other end 3.5mm TRRS plug and connect to on T 1/4" to S on 3.5mm and S 1/4" to T on 3.5mm. This part is right but can't do a direct connect. Need to design a circuit board. I have tried with a 100k ohm resistor on the ground and was able to get sound into playbook using my setup but it is not consistent.

Since I don't have an oscilloscope I can't do my tests right. So if anyone has any tips let's share them here.

My resource has been my TRRS headphones that came with my BB Bold
    Last edited by edriss; 04-27-12 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Damn auto correct messed words up. And added the last line
    04-27-12 02:51 AM
    nice info . luar biasa bro

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    foredi gel obat kuat pria peluang usaha contoh usaha foredi
    04-27-12 03:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD