My 2 16gb Playbooks from shopblackberry.com did not have seals or any signs of seals.
    12-17-11 12:33 AM
    My Playbooks have come with two rectangular clear plastic seals about an inch wide on either end of the inner box. They don't come off without tearing the black paper of the box, so if there is no sign of removed seals, they just may not have been there in the first place. The two I ordered from ShopBlackberry have not arrived yet, so I cannot confirm if there are any seals on them.

It is not that clear how much of the logistics Globalwave is doing at ShopBlackberry. It is conceivable that they may even be taking the raw playbooks, shipped directly from the factory and then fitting them with accessories, manuals and packaging according to the destination market. The ShopBlackberry web portal seems to support shopping for many countries around the world and it makes sense that they may deal with the final packaging.
    Packaging Services Sydney
    05-23-12 01:05 AM
    Thanks for bringing a 5 months old thread back to life!!! ��
    05-23-12 01:29 AM
    I've bought 5 devices from various places(amazon, best buy, slickdeals, and shopblackberry.com)2 had security seals the rest did not. All were brand new units. I think you'll find the big box stores have seals on them for obvious security reasons. The ones you buy online don't have the need for security(people wont be trying to open them in a warehouse), while the ones in the big box stores have a need for security tape.
    05-23-12 06:02 AM
    Possibily,

I bought my PlayBook here at Futureshop in Canada and it had the seals.

Interesingly enough though if you buy a new BlackBerry smartphone they usually don't have any seals (Futureshop) the reps told me they don't come with seals and even proceeded to show me their stock.
    05-23-12 06:26 AM
    Possibily,

I bought my PlayBook here at Futureshop in Canada and it had the seals.

Interesingly enough though if you buy a new BlackBerry smartphone they usually don't have any seals (Futureshop) the reps told me they don't come with seals and even proceeded to show me their stock.
    I have four Rogers phone boxes and all have seals on them. They were direct from Rogers, the last coming from a Rogers store and I watched the clerk cut the seals to get the phone out. In the case of Future shop, they may come unsealed from the supplier in order for Future shop to put their own literature or even accessories in them. For example, the FutureShop phone may not have the same belt holster as the Rogers direct phones or they may give the customer the choice of slip case or holster.
    05-23-12 06:49 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD