Hey all. I picked up a used 16gb PlayBook from a seller here on crackberry and it is to arrive today. What are some of the first apps I should install for the best experience. Basically just want to use it to bridge with my z10 and 9900. Can both be bridged at the same time? Going to use it around the house to browse the web and maybe for work which basically consists of pdf, word and excel files and a bit of email. Is there a way to use Skydrive? Thanks in advance for the advice

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 11:16 AM
    Enjoy your playbook
    There's lots of good apps, top free and top paid (and anything made by SCrApps (me lol)) is worth checking out.
    As far as sky drive, there's a few file managers with sky drive integration.
    Cynycl and SifiGamer like this.
    01-04-14 11:22 AM
    For SkyDrive access, you can use Files and Folders (paid, in app world), or ES File Explorer, X-Plore File Manager, or the SkyDrive app (all free but need to be sideloaded). Plus, of course, the PB browser.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-04-14 11:35 AM
    Hey all. I picked up a used 16gb PlayBook from a seller here on crackberry and it is to arrive today. What are some of the first apps I should install for the best experience. Basically just want to use it to bridge with my z10 and 9900. Can both be bridged at the same time? Going to use it around the house to browse the web and maybe for work which basically consists of pdf, word and excel files and a bit of email. Is there a way to use Skydrive? Thanks in advance for the advice

Posted via CB10
    Origami(free)and Fast (paid) Browsers are useful to many people. Ghost Commander(free) is a useful file manager. Comes with Adobe and Docs to Go. The former can be used with the PDF files while the latter will read Word and Excelfiles and can be used for minor editing with limitations. Pdf Reader(paid) can be used with pdf files and has more capability than the stock reader.
    Cynycl and Vorkosigan like this.
    01-04-14 02:29 PM
    Thanks for the replies, I'll have to check into all those. Have been looking for a good mobile solution to edit and type in pdf files while on the go. My surface pro works but the size and weight is a bit more than I would like when on the go. I pad mini is a good size but I hate to move to apple if there is something blackberry that will do the job. Hopefully van get some things set up to try it out for next week.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 02:45 PM
    Enjoy your PlayBook! I also like the free app Sitebook. Helps me organize my browser bookmarks.
    01-04-14 04:23 PM
    Excellent choice! How much did you pay for it?

Q10 with 10.2.1.1925 Leak Installed
    01-04-14 04:27 PM
    You will perhaps also find Print to Go quite useful for quick copying of necessary travel docs etc from your Windows machine. Also should mention that Picsel Smart Office is available for the Playbook. I haven't used it enough to get used to it. There are many other good apps for the PB although no Skype, Comwave is a substitute. You may get too many app suggestions and wish you had more than 16 GB. Also note that Help has some good tutorial info.
    01-04-14 05:20 PM
    So far I like it. Just learning to get around but it is working well. Like the Bridge functionality.
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-04-14 11:25 PM
    Avoid Flix, it's deceiving.
    01-06-14 12:21 AM
    Enjoy your playbook
    There's lots of good apps, top free and top paid (and anything made by SCrApps (me lol)) is worth checking out.
    As far as sky drive, there's a few file managers with sky drive integration.
    About to receive my 2nd Playbook in a few days now, the touch screen quit working on my first one. Will I be able to get your apps that I purchased when I log onto Blackberry World?
    01-07-14 09:37 AM
    About to receive my 2nd Playbook in a few days now, the touch screen quit working on my first one. Will I be able to get your apps that I purchased when I log onto Blackberry World?
    as long as you use the same bbid you're good to go...
    world saviour likes this.
    01-07-14 09:41 AM
    What seawarrior said.
    world saviour likes this.
    01-07-14 10:02 AM
    PDF Reader if you are going to do pdf files. The native reader is a poor excuse for an app.

If you want to hook it up to a tv for some entertainment, Kalemsoft is a good app.
    01-07-14 11:59 AM
    Check out and learn Ghost Commander, best thing I ever downloaded. It showed and allowed me to delete files that I thought I had gotten rid of.
    Those kb add up to mb that end of being gb.

Posted via CB10
    mh1983 likes this.
    01-07-14 03:51 PM
    Some of my faves:

Native
    eGo maps
    Kalemsoft Media Player
    Origami Browser
    The Weather Network
    Globe and Mail News

Sideloaded (all should be available on Goodereader)
    Songza (a must for music-philes)
    IMDB
    mVideoPlayer
    D7 Reader (by far the best Google Reader replacement I've used. Works with Feedly)
    Wunderlist
    Evernote
    01-07-14 04:00 PM
    Check out and learn Ghost Commander, best thing I ever downloaded. It showed and allowed me to delete files that I thought I had gotten rid of.
    Those kb add up to mb that end of being gb.

Posted via CB10
    Edit: and as the poster below me stated Kalemsoft media play. If you plan to download movies a lot Kalemsoft media player will play media files that your Playbook and BlackBerry phone can't play.

It's still on sale in BlackBerry World for 3.99 it's usually 6.99. It's a good investment. I payed for it twice for the phone and Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 04:10 PM
    Thanks again all. Origami browser is great. Much better than the bb browser. Find the os to be really nice and the Web experience to be great for mobile. Going to try and use it a bit more for work but so far I'm loving the playbook.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-07-14 07:34 PM