Maybe if RIM would just man up and release a date and pricing information these "rumors" would stop happening.... RIM has no one to blame for this situation but itself. The silence from them combined with "road shows" where they are showing tablets that can't even do Portrait mode are maybe fueling these speculations and "rumors". Now that the iPad2 is out and as expected, the pricing is the same, they know where the reference point is set for features and pricing. Even in this article they still won't commit a date, just refute April 10.
    03-04-11 12:42 PM
    better be in stores 5 days after the announcement just to show up Apple. lol
    03-04-11 12:45 PM
    Maybe if RIM would just man up and release a date and pricing information these "rumors" would stop happening.... RIM has no one to blame for this situation but itself. The silence from them combined with "road shows" where they are showing tablets that can't even do Portrait mode are maybe fueling these speculations and "rumors". Now that the iPad2 is out and as expected, the pricing is the same, they know where the reference point is set for features and pricing. Even in this article they still won't commit a date, just refute April 10.
    Wow, get over it. They said end of Q1, now we get confirmation and you're still raggin' on them? Give it a rest.
    03-04-11 12:47 PM
    better be in stores 5 days after the announcement just to show up Apple. lol
    Better yet, the day right after the announcement.

'It's in stores TOMORROW!'

BAM!
    03-04-11 12:47 PM
    First you would have to know the reason for the 'delay.' If it is software related then, go ahead, blame RIM but if it is hardware related, well, RIM doesn't make the components, nor can they hold a gun to the head of the people who do make the components.
    03-04-11 12:52 PM
    I agree. There are a lot of annoyed fans out there right now and it is having a negative impact on the company. RIM just basically set themselves up for these bad rumours. They know what's going on and not doing anything about it. The marketing guys at RIM are reading this right now and still have got nothing to say. I think they are enjoying this whole launch date drama.

03-04-11 12:54 PM
    Wow, get over it. They said end of Q1, now we get confirmation and you're still raggin' on them? Give it a rest.
    What confirmation?!?! I don't see an official release date statement. I think they'll make it under Q1 deadline, but RIM is opening itself up to this criticism with there constant cryptic messaging. I mean they've basically almost put the phone side of the business on hold for 7 months because of this thing. I don't even know if I want a tablet from anyone, but I do know that this stupid Playbook is holding up new phones being released, and I need a new Blackberry much more than a Playbook.
    03-04-11 01:05 PM
    We will have to get pricing and a release date before March 11th, unless RIM is asking to be left out.
    03-04-11 01:09 PM
    We will have to get pricing and a release date before March 11th, unless RIM is asking to be left out.
    Left out of what? If you want an iPad get one if not you will be patient.
    03-04-11 01:16 PM
    RIMs annual earnings call is on Mar 24th. May be they want to release after that after making some big announcements to their investors?
    03-04-11 01:38 PM
    RIMs annual earnings call is on Mar 24th. May be they want to release after that after making some big announcements to their investors?
    the 25th is a friday, nothin like releasing a product for the weekend. i'll be pre-ordering within seconds of the announcement
    03-04-11 03:03 PM
    I doubt if they were really confirming it they would leave it some guy in the UK who is doing a presentation. Know what would really confirm it? a press release. so far none.
    03-04-11 03:39 PM
    i really wish they would confirm it ffs, put an end to the rumor or release date threads. seriously its getting old, plus by the time they release it i could save up an off for 50 playbooks (i have saving powers no lie). anyways until i see a cb headline saying release date is :insert date here:, im not getting excited for the release.
    Last edited by soulwolf; 03-04-11 at 04:14 PM.
    03-04-11 04:11 PM
    Agreed. I caught myself today thinking about other tablets and stopped myself. Rim needs to man up. This is stupid.
    Last edited by sandmanfvr; 03-04-11 at 07:17 PM.
    03-04-11 05:39 PM
    Well I just saw that RIM's Marketing Chief is leaving the company, I say good riddance, the guy hasn't done anything to change RIM's image imo. Let's get someone in there that can really market the PB and build some excitement.
    03-04-11 05:55 PM
    Haha, I knew someone at RIM is going to be fired in the marketing department, I didn't expect it was head chief of marketing.

Well I just saw that RIM's Marketing Chief is leaving the company, I say good riddance, the guy hasn't done anything to change RIM's image imo. Let's get someone in there that can really market the PB and build some excitement.
    Last edited by thymaster; 03-05-11 at 12:06 AM.
    03-04-11 06:40 PM
    I doubt if they were really confirming it they would leave it some guy in the UK who is doing a presentation. Know what would really confirm it? a press release. so far none.
    Indeed, he could even being working from old dates if they had only just changed, so I still don't see end of q1 confirmed or slipping into april being debunked just yet and given that I am in a region that wasn't getting them until q1 anyway I can't say I am overly bothered either way if the american launch has been delayed for software issues since those shouldn't have any knock-on effect for the rest of us.
    03-04-11 06:48 PM
    Will the usual channels sell the PB in Canada? Best Buy? Future Shop? I wonder if it will be exclusive to certain carriers.

How about the US? Best Buy? Circuit City? etc....
    03-04-11 07:15 PM
    Is that true or just an urban legend?

I mean I figured RIM had a marketing chief but the guy obviously didn't do anything all day long. What a job.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-11 07:42 PM
    Is that true or just an urban legend?

I mean I figured RIM had a marketing chief but the guy obviously didn't do anything all day long. What a job.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    RIMM’s Chief Marketing Officer Departing on Eve of PlayBook Launch - MarketBeat - WSJ
    03-04-11 07:49 PM
    This is genius on their part. The more you guys panties are in a wad the more you talk about it and ask around and pump up the hype for this thing. Relax you will have it in the next month or so.
    03-04-11 08:09 PM
    i think RIM needs a slap in the face, or maybe not, they have recieved many slaps on the face this year with all these tables coming and whatnot..

I'll just be patient and not be impuslive, i know it'll pay off in the end
    03-04-11 08:17 PM
    kevin just confirmed the april 10th release BTW
    03-04-11 08:24 PM
    kevin just confirmed the april 10th release BTW
    Just saw that - its gonna get ugly in here! I might have to avoid the PB forums til then.
    03-04-11 08:28 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD