I have searched and searched for an answer to fix this error message with no suitable results. I have wiped my PB and have 6.8 gig of storage available. I cannot install any apps from App World.
    Does anyone have an answer to this problem? TIA.
    12-31-13 08:27 AM
    Try clearing the Blackberry World cache:

1.Launch BlackBerry World.
    2.Swipe in from the bottom-left corner of the frame to display the keyboard.
    3.Type RST.

Post your results back.
    12-31-13 08:41 AM
    Thanks for the response. I tried to reset the cache, although when I entered RST I did not see anything on the screen. I did a restart, tried to dl an app and got the same error message during the install. Any other ideas?
    12-31-13 09:43 AM
    Try clearing the Blackberry World cache:

2.Swipe in from the bottom-left corner of the frame to display the keyboard.
    3.Type RST.

Post your results back.
    is there a confirmation when doing this??? didn't know about this, tried it,,, dunno if it cleared,,, i don't have an issue, just good to know...
    12-31-13 09:45 AM
    I had a same problem and it was caused by low available memory on the Playbook, I wanted to install 1gb game but once unpacked the game needed 3 gb space

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 09:47 AM
    How to clear cache for BlackBerry World on BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet (KB24714-How to clear cache for BlackBerry World on BlackBerry smartphones and the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet)

Down at the bottom of the page, it states: "Note: BlackBerry World will not provide any notification that the reset has been performed."

So it won't notify you that the cache is cleared.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-01-14 08:34 AM
    Try a couple of these solutions. The Blackberry Knowledge Base has a lot of info:

"Install Error: There was a problem during installation. Please try again" is encountered when attempting to download an application from BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet (KB26671-"Install Error: There was a problem during installation. Please try again." is encountered when attempting to download an application from BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet)

This KB is saying that the issue is with BBID and your payment method. "This issue will occur when an account was previously logged into My World from BlackBerry App World 1.0 or 1.1 with a PayPal account and did not associate that account when creating a BlackBerry ID to use with BlackBerry App World 2.0. Note: This issue will occur even if no purchases were made with the PayPal account in BlackBerry App World 1.0 or 1.1."

Install Error: [0003 - 0005] is displayed in BlackBerry App World for BlackBerry PlayBook when attempting to download applications (KB30074-Install Error: [0003 - 0005] is displayed in BlackBerry App World™ for BlackBerry® PlayBook™ when attempting to download applications)

Again, this appears to be an issue with BBID and payment.

Good luck, and be sure to tip your waiter!
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    01-01-14 08:43 AM
    just to clear this up:

For BlackBerry smartphones that have virtual keyboards such as the BlackBerry Storm Series or BlackBerry Torch 9850/9860:

BlackBerry World 3.0 and 4.0 on the BlackBerry 9500/9530/9850/9860 smartphone:
    2.Ensure the BlackBerry smartphone is being held in the landscape position.
    3.To activate the touch screen keyboard, press the Menu key and select Show Keyboard.
    4.Press and hold the shift key to lock into shift mode. you'll have to hit the "&%123" to enter the #'s/characters required in the following step
    5.Type 34(34( when entering the 1st "3", the keyboard, (in my case), will revert back to the letter keyboard,,, hit the "&%123" *again* to complete this step,,, once the last "(" is entered you'll see a "please wait" notification,,, it's a very brief popup...

*like mentioned there won't be a notification/popup on the playbook*
    01-01-14 12:46 PM
    Thanks for all the replies, however the problem is not fixed. I have, I assume cleared the cache, changed my payment method to my carrier, I never used paypal for app world. Nothing seems to work.

Nexus 7 is looking pretty good to me now...........
    01-01-14 02:15 PM
    Thanks for all the replies, however the problem is not fixed. I have, I assume cleared the cache, changed my payment method to my carrier, I never used paypal for app world. Nothing seems to work.

Nexus 7 is looking pretty good to me now...........
    i'd say give BB playbook support a call tomorrow,,, F2 your turn...
    01-01-14 04:37 PM