Last night when I was using my playbook the following happened; problems became successively worse:

1. After previous use without issue -- AppWorld was searchable; however gave the error [0003-0005] if any installations were attempted
    2. Config>BalckberryID> States unable to connect to WiFi; can view, but not edit any BB-ID settings

At this point I:

• Verified WiFi functionality by loading numerous websites and also by accessing the device from a local pc at the \\192.168.x.x share point
    • Turned off WiFi and turned it back on
    • Cleared the device from my router's memory in the hopes it was some quirky conflict due to a hanging connection in the router -- it wasn't
    • Tried to re-authenticate the BlackBerry ID by clicking Purchase on a paid app; i entered the password again. Instead of progressing to the next step in purchasing -- it just kicked back out to the last app world screen that i was in.
    • Rebooted the device several times using the OS reboot function. Problem Persisted
    • After the third reboot, the WiFi would not locate any of the SSID broadcasts (there are multiple networks viewable at any time.). It also would not connect through manual entries.
    • Attempted a security wipe of the device -- the device failed to wipe and hung with an error box saying something along the lines of 'Password invalid deleting data'
    • After it sat like this for 2+hours; a hard reboot was performed. However, once the device powered back on, the only thing showing up is the browser -- no other apps are on the device --- but WiFi was working again.

NOTES:

1. Device is not rooted; running latest OS2 beta release
    2. The device was in use less than 24 hours from being updated to OS2 beta out of the box with several free/paid apps from AppWorld installed.

Has anyone else experienced something similar to the above? Any ideas on cause/resolution (i know this is an overly broad question for the limited details provided, but i wasn't able to find much other than 'Contact Support' with respect to the error codes shown above and I was surprised by the complexity of the failure since the device was being used within the perimeter of RIM's walled garden (ie: un-rooted))

Thanks!
    Last edited by rpcalive; 01-11-12 at 10:54 AM.
    01-11-12 10:50 AM
    De-brick and go back to OS1. See if the problems persist.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    01-11-12 11:00 AM
    has anyone found a fix for this when the 2014 date setup doesn't work?
    02-22-12 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD