Well, that's nice to hear and I'm sorry if my little rant caused you any aggravation
    It didn't. :-)
    11-07-12 04:08 PM
    I would like to believe you, but sounds too scfi to me.... LIARRRRRR!!!! LOL!
    11-07-12 04:10 PM
    I think that employee was really great to acknowledge another manufacturer's device. Apple and RIM have great devices for for every type of consumers.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-07-12 04:28 PM
    I'm not sure. . .Apple employees are trained to be as "agreeable" as possible. . . she was probably practicing on you. . .LOL
    11-07-12 05:52 PM
    I have owned iPads since the first model, and when I wanted a smaller tablet, I looked at what was around and wound up getting a 64GB PlayBook. I think it complements the iPad beautifully, as it has some advantages - smaller size, lighter weight, but also USB and HDMI ports, widescreen format (one of my major uses for it is as a media player), multitasking, and Flash support. It is lacking in apps, but the iPad has that covered. In general I think the PlayBook's hardware is better than most competing tablets, the sound is excellent and the cameras shoot 1080p video.

I can imagine buying a mini iPad in the future, but if I do, it would be in place of a full sized iPad, not in place of a smaller tablet.
    11-07-12 06:00 PM
    this teaches us one thing: Blackberry marketing is horrible.
    99% of the human kind didn't know about the playbook.
    If you really love blackberry and playbook, try to introduce them to people around you, anytime any place. I've been doing that. And it works. Many of friends of mine right now has been owning blackberry and playbook. Especially for playbook, we got stock shortage right now at Indonesia for 32 and 64 GB. We cannot find a single new Playbook (16, 32,64) at nearest phone store. All are out of stock.

It seems that all PB and BB users try to own 32 and 64 GB Playbook to anticipate the rumours that BB10 can be installed on 32 or 64 GB Playbook.

For the writer of this thread, you just knockdown apple right to its face congrats and carry on for the next person

Sent from my BlackBerry 9020 using Tapatalk
    11-07-12 06:01 PM
    It wasn't. It was a comment on the Apple employee.
    Well, that's nice to hear and I'm sorry if my little rant caused you any aggravation
    It didn't. :-)
    Ahh, such friendly exchanges. Seems the aftermath of one other post with a poll is having some good and positive effects on the folks here. Peace!

middbrew and OniBerry like this.
    11-07-12 06:12 PM
    Ahh, such friendly exchanges. Seems the aftermath of one other post with a poll is having some good and positive effects on the folks here. Peace!

Rrrrright.....
    11-07-12 06:27 PM

That was a fun and entertaining thread wasn't it?

But yes, it is very nice to see people discuss cross platform devices and have fun doing so. As Kevin said himself, the forums should be fun.

To the OP: nice story, glad you had the opportunity to enlighten someone to another platform.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-07-12 06:36 PM
    I hope she won't be using her new "workhorse" while at work. I'm pretty sure they'd frown upon that and she may not have a job for long.
    She won't get caught, everyone will think it's an iMini.
    11-07-12 06:45 PM
    I think the people in this thread obviously take brand-allegiance, and brand-exclusivity a lot more seriously than this Apple employee, who sounds very open-minded, and relaxed!
    11-07-12 07:40 PM
    I hope she won't be using her new "workhorse" while at work. I'm pretty sure they'd frown upon that and she may not have a job for long.
    I'm guessing once she show her boss how it works they will want one too.
    11-07-12 07:41 PM
    Almost everyone's marketing is horrible. Apple's works, as does Samsung's. Every other company botches it.
    11-07-12 08:17 PM
    This is true. Tablets haven't taken off here in jamaica as yet, but rim could easily sell a even 200,000 playbook here but people don't know about it. when You visit tech/electronic stores here you see a lot of cheap No name android devices, also you see a lot of iphone, ipad accessories (no actually gadgets) and overpriced bbos 6 and 5 phones. But wherever I go I tag along my playbook amd ensure that I correct people who ask if it's and ipad....I know how that sounds. Many are surprised when I tell them it's a bb. They can't believe and think I must be some well connected insider to have one. I never correct them by the way. I did feel some amount of pride when I saw a high schooler with one on a bus inkingston and another student with one on a trip to the countryside. If more people knew bb had a tablet they would sell more.
    11-07-12 10:02 PM
    Almost everyone's marketing is horrible. Apple's works, as does Samsung's. Every other company botches it.
    Apple and Samsung spend more on marketing than anyone else. That's what works.
    11-07-12 10:26 PM
    Uh huh. This happened.
    mikeo007 and richardat like this.
    11-07-12 10:30 PM
    Uh huh. This happened.
    Bully.

To the OP:
    Cool story, Bro.
    11-08-12 12:40 AM
    Now that the "mini" is out i think a bunch of us PB users should jus go browse in the local apple store wit our PBs.. Might be a good way to get some more people on board.. Jus thinkin
    11-08-12 01:37 AM
    The Playbook is a QNX BB10 Alpha and Beta testing device. I'm sure BB have learnt a lot with the playbook OS that has gone into their phone OS. Hopefully the marketing departments are primed to market BB10, if not things will go very wrong for BB
    11-08-12 04:46 AM
    99.999999999...%
    11-08-12 05:57 AM
    Really? Every other one on the planet?
    11-08-12 06:07 AM
    99.999999999...%
    You are right.. I recently had a party at my home and flashed out the PlayBook to check some email. None of the people around ever heard that RIM had made a tablet...
    11-08-12 06:41 AM
    Word!!!
    11-08-12 08:12 AM
    I think most people who own a PlayBook have this same problem... "That's a BlackBerry?!" I love showing off all the features, especially Bridge! My favorite feature is to have someone playing with my PB and to turn on remote control. They think they broke it, and it's hilarious!!

The PlayBook is exactly what I need for school. It's much lighter than my laptop, I can take notes, use Word/Excel/Powerpoint, and check emails effortlessly. And of course the multitasking is second to none!! I always try to show off my PB to people who don't know what it is, in hopes that they'll either get one themselves or tell other people about it!
    11-08-12 08:20 AM
    You are right.. I recently had a party at my home and flashed out the PlayBook to check some email. None of the people around ever heard that RIM had made a tablet...
    Around the world, statistics professors are groaning at your statement. "99% of human kind doesn't know about the PlayBook because I had a house party with my select group of friends and none of them knew RIM had a tablet."
    11-08-12 08:58 AM
68 123