With Playbook compatible with Android applications, is it a good buy at this moment to get a Playbook? So now you get to use Playbook by Blackberry but you also get the benefits of Android applications. Its like best of both world?

Hardware specification wise, why would someone get an Android tablet when they can get a Playbook and install Android apps??

- Charles
    03-05-12 08:05 PM
    Because most android apps have to be side-loaded still. And many still wont work because of proprietary api's.

The ones that do work, work flawlessly. Right now, they have to be repackaged (and in some cases, documentation and source modified) and submitted to appworld.

Its still a project in my eyes, but a lot of android apps are starting to show up in app-world.

My opinion, no reason not to. The prices are so nice that for the hardware, it cant be beat. Now we just need a bunch more developers on board and we'd be set. (Oh, and for those that 'need' it, skype and netflix)
    alazok likes this.
    03-05-12 08:28 PM
    FYI, I found a no-name 16GB refurbished Android tablet at one of those jobber or Grey market stores. It was $79.00 before tax. So what the he'll I figured and I bought. It's okay, for 80 bucks I wasn't expecting a lot. It runs Android apps of course and now I have an $80 Android game machine. I still take and use my pb everywhere.
    03-05-12 09:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD