isn't it better to see the desired content as it was supposed to be... ?
    see - maybe yes, interact - no.
    04-15-12 01:52 AM
    can you choose if you want most recent stories or top rated stories in the facebook app? you can in the browser. it's a pointless feature of the site, but at least you can choose. don't like farmville notices? one click in the browser... gone. can you even filter them in the app?

i'd call that interaction. for the better.
    04-15-12 01:57 AM
    Again the Facebook app on the Playbook is, to say it mildly, is not the best app.

Now, what about the other milllions or so apps?

the weather app, email app, skype, box.com or other sync/storage app, maps app, news app, calendar app, kindle app, chat apps, image editing apps and many many more types. You can do without these apps using the browser, but....
    04-15-12 02:04 AM
    Again the Facebook app on the Playbook is, to say it mildly, is not the best app.

Now, what about the other milllions or so apps?

the weather app, email app, skype, box.com or other sync/storage app, maps app, news app, calendar app, kindle app, chat apps, image editing apps and many many more types. You can do without these apps using the browser, but....
    Millions? the marketing is working on you. PB has all those other apps minus skype (kindle sideloaded). Not what you want? buy an asus transformer, or Ipad1

PB has am amazing UI, Screen, Multi-tasking, APPS, and form-factor. I would never by another tablet. Furthermore, PB already being the best tablet IMO also stilll has the most potential.
    04-15-12 02:13 AM
    'Apps' is a marketing tool. Its ambiguous and non-defined. Apple's platform is catered towards requiring apps. Android is open and its utilised by a large proportion of OEMs and has led to the development of a significant amount of apps. It is true iOS and Android have far more 'apps' than the other current mobile platforms but this 'advantage' is more a marketing tool than an actual advantage. Thats the truth. We need apps like we need tablets....... we don't.
    And thus RIM/BB don't sell devices or even begin to look like an attractive option to potential customers. An example of the mindset that has put a few nails in to the PB coffin.
    04-15-12 02:14 AM
    Millions? the marketing is working on you. PB has all those other apps minus skype (kindle sideloaded). Not what you want? buy an asus transformer, or Ipad1

PB has am amazing UI, Screen, Multi-tasking, APPS, and form-factor. I would never by another tablet. Furthermore, PB already being the best tablet IMO also stilll has the most potential.
    Pardon me, but the conversation was about interaction with web content on a 7-inch screen with touch control. amro claimed that the browser is all we need.

As for potential, it's just a word that means nothing unless realized. Try selling potential, and you'll see.
    04-15-12 02:15 AM
    Pardon me, but the conversation was about interaction with web content on a 7-inch screen with touch control. amro claimed that the browser is all we need.

As for potential, it's just a word that means nothing unless realized. Try selling potential, and you'll see.
    I guess you're the only one allowed to derail topics.

Selling potential? what? Im not selling anything. Just wait and watch, the PB and the platform is very powerful. I honestly dont know why you even post. We get it, you love android and apple. Just move on. You are not proving anything by responding to every post other than the fact that you love the other platforms. You just seem like a typical 'staples' shopper, that believes whatever the advertisements tells them.
    04-15-12 03:14 AM
    And thus RIM/BB don't sell devices or even begin to look like an attractive option to potential customers. An example of the mindset that has put a few nails in to the PB coffin.
    So now PB has a coffin too? Mine still works. Don't get all caught up in the US market. Theres a whole world outside the US. It feels like people think we are at the end of the mobile market and tablet story, but its just beginning. Don't sell? thats laughiable, but I get it, US wise only relatively if you understand that.

You will realise my 'mindset' is actualy the right one, not a narrow-minded person with no real grasp of the global market and without the realization that things are far from over with exponential growth and massive changes to come. Thanks for the comment though.

Fmar, another example of the american consumer.
    04-15-12 03:25 AM
    The Twitter.com site doesn't load uing bridge browser for me.
    neither do apps
    04-15-12 03:50 AM
    So now PB has a coffin too? Mine still works. Don't get all caught up in the US market. Theres a whole world outside the US. It feels like people think we are at the end of the mobile market and tablet story, but its just beginning. Don't sell? thats laughiable, but I get it, US wise only relatively if you understand that.

You will realise my 'mindset' is actualy the right one, not a narrow-minded person with no real grasp of the global market and without the realization that things are far from over with exponential growth and massive changes to come. Thanks for the comment though.

Fmar, another example of the american consumer.
    Mine still works too... whilst I'm on the throne at any rate... have no use for it elsewhere.

It serves zero purpose for the business I run and has no support to change that at all.

I kinda hoped that OS 2.0 and the foolish brag by Alec Saunders would be lived up to with the 'Crap Aps'. This did not happen, and will not at all!

It is great you don't need/want apps for your PB...

My 64gig PB set me back a little over AUD800... I was sold by the 'professional Grade Tablet' and future App lies peddled by RIM.

I still want voip, email that works (inline with my business), a decent native book/pdf reader, a photo viewer that actually makes me look like a pro and not a cheap when showing off images, I want to open all PDF's like I could prior to OS 2.pointless...

If 3rd party dev's could do that then fine... but seeing as RIM can't even decide that the OS environment is complete who is gonna bother?

RIM is dead in the water... with a market cap of $6 billion it's worth is just 1% of that of Apple... 1%!

PB's sold at a loss... it was a firesale. They did not sell the way RIM intended.

I wanted my PB to work, seriously I did... but it doesn't. I'd like to see them turn it around... but past form says it all.

For the record I'm British, live in Australia and I don't own anything produced by Apple. I live in a fairly big city.

I couldn't give a rat's arse about global market or RIM's tiny misguided vision... the device is a failure (for me), it doesn't have to be... it just is. I can't see RIM fixing it.
    04-15-12 04:13 AM
    I have absolutely no problem with people speaking their mind, it's when people say "You guys would do anything for RIM" or "the BlackBerry defense team is in full force" that I don't understand. This Site is for fans of BlackBerry.... So I don't get why it's so shocking that people are gonna point out the positive aspects of BlackBerry or PlayBooks or BlackBerry PlayBooks.. I don't think we would do anything for RIM, I know I wouldnt, but obviously most of us don't come on here to complain like some
    04-15-12 06:12 AM
    I have absolutely no problem with people speaking their mind, it's when people say "You guys would do anything for RIM" or "the BlackBerry defense team is in full force" that I don't understand. This Site is for fans of BlackBerry.... So I don't get why it's so shocking that people are gonna point out the positive aspects of BlackBerry or PlayBooks or BlackBerry PlayBooks.. I don't think we would do anything for RIM, I know I wouldnt, but obviously most of us don't come on here to complain like some
    How about if you said bad thing about PB, then your post is locked.but if you said PB has great software or hardware,your post is there forever.isn't this defense team is in full force?
    04-15-12 06:25 AM
    Personally I don't hate BB/RIM... Equally I'm not blindly in love with them... A device out this long should be far more polished and fit for purpose for many basic functions. This is what infuriates me.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-15-12 06:29 AM
    how is it pointless? kindly leave if you don't want to contribute to the discussion
    It is pointless because it is so obvious and everyone can see it. Only two type people deny it: fanboy(including people said they are not fanboy) and people who just use PB browser ,so don't need apps. If PB really that great,tell me why they only can sell it at loss
    04-15-12 06:40 AM
    How about if you said bad thing about PB, then your post is locked.but if you said PB has great software or hardware,your post is there forever.isn't this defense team is in full force?
    If that's what you want to call it, but like I said, why is that so shocking? Last time I checked we're on CrackBerry.com which is still a site full of BlackBerry fans and dedicated to BlackBerry.
    There's nothing wrong with pointing out negative things or problems, but as far as complaining about lack of apps.. Haven't we been through that enough? Imho the PlayBook has apps.. A lot of apps.. Obviously it's missing some big name apps we all want to see, but like someone mentioned earlier, I don't need 200 tictactoe apps to choose from, or 90 currency converting apps to choose from. If ios or android only had one of each app instead of dozens of the same app with a slightly different name they would have a whole lot less of a app count.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE BLACKBERRY DEFENSE TEAM
    04-15-12 06:41 AM
    Haven't we covered this topic already! If the PB doesn't work for you then get something different, it is a free country.
    Last edited by Blkacesvf41; 04-15-12 at 06:44 AM.
    04-15-12 06:41 AM
    Haven't we covered this topic already!
    We have. Many, many times already. But like the Cylons on BattleStar Gallactica, this topic keeps on being resurrected over and over and over again. Sigh..
    ambarmetta likes this.
    04-15-12 06:49 AM
    Haven't we covered this topic already! If the PB doesn't work for you then get something different, it is a free country.
    While this is true. If that happens you just might see the end of RIM. So keep telling people to move on and they will.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-15-12 07:08 AM
    While this is true. If that happens you just might see the end of RIM. So keep telling people to move on and they will.
    That would be valid if one believed that those who are complaining actually own Playbooks to begin with. I, for one, doubt it.

The "lack of apps" argument is an easy point of complaint that requires no PB ownership to launch.

Of course this is just my opinion, which I should be as free to voice as are those whose only point is to whine.
    04-15-12 07:20 AM
    That would be valid if one believed that those who are complaining actually own Playbooks to begin with. I, for one, doubt it.

The "lack of apps" argument is an easy point of complaint that requires no PB ownership to launch.

Of course this is just my opinion, which I should be as free to voice as are those whose only point is to whine.
    Yep we are all entitled to our opinions. Right or wrong. I don't know about where you live but where I do I all most never see anyone that has a blackberry. The ones I do see are company issued and they carry 2 phones with them. When I hear someone talk about their phone and if i happen to ask if they have ever used or tried a blackberry they most often say I had one but it sucked. I couldn't..........and now I can.
    04-15-12 07:36 AM
    I'm getting frustrated at BOTH the stanuch nay sayers AND the stanuch defenders! Again I will repeat it's NOT what you say it's how you say it! Threads are deleted or closed, and posts are deleted when you are insulting to other CB members or flaming or baiting others to flame.

There is a simple test I use to determine if I post I am making is too provocative. I ask myself if I would be willing to say this aloud to my mother, and if the answer is NO, then I revise my post!
    04-15-12 07:43 AM
    Just jumping in on the end here, and, maybe it has been said ad nauseum as far as many posters (whom I like very much, by the way) feel, BUT the title of this thread, "Playbook is an amazing tablet - but it sucks because of lack of apps," sums up the problem with this device as succinctly and exactly as I have ever heard. (Now, note the first half of the title as well as the last.)
    04-15-12 07:50 AM
    'Apps' is a marketing tool. Its ambiguous and non-defined. Apple's platform is catered towards requiring apps. Android is open and its utilised by a large proportion of OEMs and has led to the development of a significant amount of apps. It is true iOS and Android have far more 'apps' than the other current mobile platforms but this 'advantage' is more a marketing tool than an actual advantage. Thats the truth. We need apps like we need tablets....... we don't.
    Actually I strongly disagree. I equate the apps of various platforms to software 'programs' we buy and install on our desktop and laptop. They are needed to fully appreciate a tablet and for you to attempt to marginalize what they are and how they benefit the end user is a joke.
    04-15-12 07:51 AM
    *Blank stare* try telling that to the businesses that deploy iPads...I'm pretty sure they are being deployed because of the app advantage...The excuses you guys come up with to justify RIMM's failure is astonishing.

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    04-15-12 07:52 AM
    Ahem, I do believe you have it backwards....the positive threads, with positive titles, with a majority of positive posts by positive RIM supporters are the ones that get locked. All it takes is a couple of haters to derail and inevitably get a pro-BlackBerry thread locked.

Thought I'd share that with you.
    04-15-12 08:00 AM
238 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD