Ladies & Gentlemen,

I have to say everytime I read thru these PB forums on Crackberry.com, I am surprised at how many people are reporting problem with their PB's.

I've had mine since last April, my daughter got hers in January and 5 others in my family got theirs over the last 3 - 4 months. None of us have had any wifi issues, power button issues, charging issues, missing icons, dead pixels, cables not working, videos not playing, GPS not working, nor any of the numerous things that seem to be plaguing the majority of threads on these forums.

It's great that folks have CB.com to seek help when something goes wrong. IMHO these topics can give the occasional reader of the forums the wrong impression that most Playbooks have these problems. I'm putting up this post to assure anyone who wants to read this that the overwhelming majority of Playbooks function exactly as designed. Don't let all these "problem" threads make you think that all Playbooks suffer from these problems.

But, beyond functioning as designed, I find the PlayBook experience quite amazing. We can videochat with our family members whenever we want to. On a small, pocket sized device, wow - to me, that is amazing. Using the browser with the bridge connection while traveling down the highway at 100 kms per hour (60 mph for the Yanks) - amazing. Ability to watch YouTube videos on this little thing - amazing. Listening to music, online radio stations, Vevo music videos, on this inexpensive little tablet. Amazing.

Take pictures, home movies, record sounds, look at maps, get directions, check the weather, play video games, read books. For $200, I am amazed. This rugged little device has not caused me one problem in over a year. 6 out of 6 PB's owned by others in my family are all working like this without ONE of these numerous nuisance problems constantly posted in these forums.

Without one hiccup, I set up Skydrive, and now can use my PB to look at all my pc files that are on my desktop when I'm away from home, or heck, even if I'm just in a different room. I can check out what that bright star is... using What's Up from AppWorld. All this is amazing to me and it all works so well... I just hope casual readers of this forum don't get the wrong impression from these various problem posts. Unless you are unlucky and get a bad unit, chances are very good yours will exceed your expectations. Mine certainly has.

(Guess I'll draw in a breath of air and wait for the trolling to begin.)
    05-12-12 09:23 PM
    I will occupy the 2nd floor so trolls will have to start from the 3rd
    05-12-12 09:26 PM
    I've also had my Playbook since last April. I'm yet to experience any hardware issues. However, the software has been hit and miss. Right now my AppWorld isn't working, for example.
    herculesinwyoming likes this.
    05-12-12 09:28 PM
    No hardware issues really for me, hard to due a security wipe and reload way more than i would want to on any device though for software quirks and such
    05-12-12 09:31 PM
    Mine has also worked fine since purchase in July other than the OS bugs everyone had/has that are being knocked off little by little.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-12-12 09:31 PM
    someone have problem and someone have not, nothing unusual i would say. I think most issue actually it is software related and fixable. But If so many people report similar problem. you have to give them credit somehow.
    Last edited by smartie88; 05-12-12 at 09:41 PM.
    05-12-12 09:34 PM
    You're not alone, my PB has also been flawless from day one. No WIFI issues whatsoever, I turn it on and it connects to network doesn't matter where I'm. Hardware wise, no problems with screen, speakers or buttons. I had an issue with the email app a couple of hrs one day,but I think the problem was on th server's end. In short, I'm very happy with mine.
    05-12-12 09:35 PM
    You know pre-playbook I did not understand why anyone would want need a tablet.Just get a laptop.

Then on a trip to jamaica I used my brother in laws to do some banking from the beach (just barely got a wifi signal) and thought to myself that was handy.

Then my brother in law bought me one for christmas and I havnt looked back. Just totaly rocks at work and when I get home it becomes a ps1, my tv, my cook book, my web browser and much more.

Now the laptop gets used much less and after purchasing phone remote its also my blackberry phone.

I now find my previous attitude towards tablets laughable.

Love my playbook
    05-12-12 09:41 PM
    I've had mine for about 8 months and have had none of the above issues either.
    It did brick itself once but I was on a developer beta.

I also think the Playbook is amazing and for the price it is an absolute steal!!!

Its great now but I think its just fantastic that I will not only get 2.1 soon but BlackBerry10 on it as well.

There's nothing else on the Market that will give you more bang for your buck!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    05-12-12 09:56 PM
    I just travelled back to my hometown few days ago with only a playbook and my trustworthy bold 9780 with me. Previously I would lug along my heavy laptop (heck, even 14" is already damn heavy) but this time I tried to travel light.

What can I say, playbook has replaced my laptop for most entertainment and web surfing purposes, I did have lots of fun at my hometown without a laptop. The video recording is amazing and who needs a mobile broadband when I have bridge!

Furthermore with the amazing battery life, my laptop could just collect dusts unless I need to do some windows-only work, but not when I am travelling
    05-12-12 09:58 PM
    Lol just re read your post and the whats up app I wanted but forgot the name of. Just bought it and it should come in handy at the cottage next weekend tetherd to my phone.
    05-12-12 10:13 PM
    FYI user forums typically represent less than 14% of any actual user base.

Moral to the story...most of us are not here and don't need to be.

Just too busy using our PlayBooks.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-12-12 10:42 PM
    Best $200 I ever spent. Never use my laptop anymore. I use the PB for many more things than I ever did with the laptop.

I get more enjoyment and use out of it than my new car and there was a very big price difference.

Had a wonky browser like everyone else, but os2 fixed that. No problem with the power button, cause I never switch it off. Haven't used the power button since before xmas.

Excellent product and will get much better with bb10.

If not for PlayBook, I would not have found CB. That alone is priceless.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-12-12 10:56 PM
    The 7 BlackBerry PlayBooks I bought for myself and family have not experienced any of the problems typically reported on this forum aside from the slow web browser in the original April 2011 BlackBerry Tablet OS 1.0 and the buttons on the first two tablets being a bit too low for easy use. This tablet has essentially replaced my notebook computer for most tasks. In fact, my notebook computer has become my desktop computer for my home office. With the right accessories and applications this tablet could easily be said to be the next-generation personal computer.
    kware84 and PatrickMJS like this.
    05-12-12 11:16 PM
    Amen! Love my Playbook!
    05-12-12 11:19 PM
    Of everyone that I know who have PlayBooks (8 to be precise), no one has had any significant hardware problems...
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-12-12 11:38 PM
    I've had a few quirks with my PB, namely problems connecting to wi-fi at work (which was fixed with the last OS update), problems with needing to restart my PB when sideloaded android apps quit working, etc. but overall I am extremely happy and satisfied with my PB. I gave my laptop to my Mom and go between my desktop and my PB around the house and take my PB with me everywhere with my Blackberry in hand (running bridge of course). Also just bought one for the wife so we can video chat!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-12-12 11:41 PM
    I totally agree with the OP! No real issues here.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-12-12 11:47 PM
    I've had the same thought many times. This site is also for users with issues though so one should expect to see a lot of posts about problems that they are having. The forums are titled so any new members, lurkers or non members should be able to make reasonable decisions on the quality of the content and opinion of the op. There are just as many posts proclaiming the great things that it is capable of.

Oh yeah I've owned mine since day 1 and not a single hardware issue. I've never had to reload the os either, usually a hard reset fixes anything buggy.
    Last edited by erhan8; 05-13-12 at 12:00 AM.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-12-12 11:50 PM
    Kinda off topic but does anyone know how many playbooks have been sold to date? Or the market share? Ive looked everywhere but all I find is results from January as the latest. With the lower price now having been in effect for a few months and os2 being around for a bit, I'm guessing sales would of increased at least a bit
    05-13-12 12:09 AM
    No issues with mine either except for some stalled browser loading before the first update. None since that. Same for my wife's.

And what some previous posts have said are true also, most posts in a forum like this are users experiencing a problem and seeking assistance. The majority of PB owners you will never see on this forum or any other forum, as they're busy using their PBs.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-13-12 12:27 AM
    I'm really enjoying my PB too. I haven't had mine as long as some of you guys (about a month).

I haven't had any problems. As mad as it may seem to some is I hoped I would have been able to experience OS1 before using .358 so I could see the huge differences with OS2.

Nonetheless I'm loving it !
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-13-12 03:30 AM
    My experience has been the same: no issues whatsoever since day one (the week they came out). I love my Playbook and I'm using it right now as I sit in this Miami hotel sipping coffee and listening to my wife brush her teeth.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-13-12 06:58 AM
    No issues here either, I use mine every day every chance I get, wake up grab it to read the news, watch YouTube, play ps1 tekken3, I hardly ever use my laptop anymore its great.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-13-12 07:50 AM
    Very few glitches here. CB.com to the rescue when something did not go as planned. Amazing is the right term. It is not perfect but 2.0.1 has really polished the core OS. As new features and apps roll out it will be BEYOND amazing. I can't believe what's been packed into 7 inches for $248.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    05-13-12 08:01 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD