I've been holding off on a playbook till this 9900/9930 issue been resolved. I recently saw online the playbook can now unbrick a device but I can't find anything on HOW! Is it the new reset feature? I'm five 9900s in! HELP!
    01-13-12 11:03 AM
    I think you're confusing this with a way to debrick a PlayBook.
    01-13-12 11:21 AM
    I think you mean using playbook to unlock bb phone.

There is an app to do just that which can be installed on pb. refer

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ok-app-664954/
    01-13-12 11:43 AM
    I think you're confusing this with a way to debrick a PlayBook.
    actory reset for the BlackBerry PlayBook (also fixes bricked devices)
    by Joseph Holder | 31 Dec 2011 15:17.
    Copied in paste from crackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-12 12:29 PM
    Factory reset for the BlackBerry PlayBook (also fixes bricked devices)
    by Joseph Holder | 31 Dec 2011 15:17

Copied and paste from Crackberry.com

01-13-12 12:31 PM
    I've been holding off on a playbook till this 9900/9930 issue been resolved. I recently saw online the playbook can now unbrick a device but I can't find anything on HOW! Is it the new reset feature? I'm five 9900s in! HELP!
    How on earth could you have gone through "five 9900's"? They haven't been out that long, seems almost impossible to get 5 bad 9900 in a row.
    01-13-12 12:35 PM

01-13-12 12:38 PM
    How on earth could you have gone through "five 9900's"? They haven't been out that long, seems almost impossible to get 5 bad 9900 in a row.
    1st. From google music download which stop youtube from working reload OS then tried to reload youtube and appworld. bam. Which I also sent to my 9780. Both replace 2. T-mobile used some liitle device in there store to transfer photos and sent me several hundred pics from sites I visited. Those were store replacements next 3 from UPS. 3. All night charge 4. Wikitude. Error 5xx. Reload os then next later on that night blackscreen with sandglass
    T-mobile say no morestill have reciepts from each one!!!!

01-13-12 01:28 PM
    So, you pretty much don't know how to use a phone?
    azrin640 likes this.
    01-13-12 02:19 PM
    I've been blackberry for a few years now. I didn't purchase a phone to geek out, With "pulling the battery out at the right millisecond" or set alarm every 45 min to charge phone. Six bills cash? it suppose to work! My question is not focus to ******** about RIM or its products. Or to be insulted. I'm just looking for an answer to my question. Your comment doesn't pretty empathetic jesseh. I've never had a problem with the 9700 or 9780.In fact, I'm pretty much using my phone now to respond you. Does that answer your f*kN question?

01-13-12 03:23 PM
    No the playbook will not un brick any phone I don't care what anyone else posted.
    01-13-12 04:11 PM

Hard to say what the point was from one sentence. They may be saying the same procedure to de-brick a PB could be used for a phone. Where did you get that quote? link?
    01-13-12 04:44 PM

The factory reset (of a playbook) is how you can downgrade from beta 2.0 AND also a way to un-brick a playbook. Devices in this sentence didn't mean phones.
    01-13-12 04:52 PM
    To finally answer your question.....
    No the PB will not unbrick your phone, or any other phone for that matter. What the article is saying is how to perform a factory reset of the PB, along with how to fix your bricked PB, not any other bricked devices. Speaking from experience ( I have a 9900 and a 32G PB) all that does is reset and re-install the lastest os for your PB and it works if you have a bricked PB. I bricked my PB playing around with rooting and experimenting with usb drives, and thats how I revived her, same as in the article.
    01-13-12 04:57 PM
    Technically, the pb and current phones run two very different OS's. I am not aware of any pb apps that have software to UNbrick a bbphone. So I don't think it is possible at this time.

I do NOT know what the folks rooting their pb's may have conjured up but I'm sure we would hear about it here, too.
    01-13-12 04:58 PM
    The factory reset (of a playbook) is how you can downgrade from beta 2.0 AND also a way to un-brick a playbook. Devices in this sentence didn't mean phones.
    Thanx Maddog24g! That's another way to look at it. Your most likely correct.

01-13-12 04:59 PM
    Thanx. Everyone for your responses. I copied and paste this from crackberry. I just probably read it wrong. Sigh. I atleast hoped.

01-13-12 05:25 PM
    devices=PlayBooks

From an editorial standpoint, you wouldn't want to use the word PlayBook twice in one headline.
    01-13-12 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD