I really want to know your opinion about is playbook for me-for am a student and I want apps for education.And since having said that I am a student!I like games , movies and yes showing off my new gadget.Now my concern here is -1.Higly price sensitive (cheaper the better). 2- lots of apps .3-Future updates. Should I go for it or wait for a cheaper android tab to come?google tab or asus memo?- a  boy!
    03-09-12 09:47 PM
    I say go for it, there's not many apps butnthe ones that we do have are good quality, not like the Apple Store where half the apps are just
    03-09-12 10:02 PM
    If you don't need it right away and are set on a smaller form factor I might wait to see how the asus memo 370t pans out. As for apps if you know what kind of apps you would like it might help for people here to know to help you out more specifically.
    03-09-12 10:06 PM
    Apps like the autocad editor , movies editor games from ea?
    03-09-12 10:34 PM
    1) Highly price sensitive (cheaper the better).
    The PlayBook is very affordable right now, it is starting at just $199, much less than most tablets!
    2) Lots of apps.
    This is where we are struggling at the moment, however the applications are increasing very fast!
    3) Future updates.
    RIM has been OK with delivering updates, except for OS 2.0 that is. However I trust that Thorsten will keep his promises so I am expecting updates!
    My answers are in red.
    03-09-12 10:44 PM
    I really want to know your opinion about is playbook for me-for am a student and I want apps for education.And since having said that I am a student!I like games , movies and yes showing off my new gadget.Now my concern here is -1.Higly price sensitive (cheaper the better). 2- lots of apps .3-Future updates. Should I go for it or wait for a cheaper android tab to come?google tab or asus memo?- a  boy!
    Perhaps go for remedial english composition?
    mikec48 and artie like this.
    03-09-12 10:47 PM
    Asus memo? Who knows what happened to that thing. If it becomes a google nexus device for $250 or less then get it. Problem is nothing has been said of it since it was announced.

If u can't wait.... I'd say pull the trigger on a $199 16gb pb. Or $299 on a galaxy tab 7 plus if u want a 7 inch android tablet. It will get ice cream sandwich, its just not known when this year.
    03-09-12 11:30 PM
    I am a student, and as a students advice to a student, e-textbooks are not getting anywhere any time soon, it is not as productive as your laptop/desktop, and if you have a smartphone you're set when it comes to getting things done.

Save money for books and tuition costs that continue to rise.
    If you want to play, sure get a PlayBook, it's a great size, get an Android tab there are a lot of apps, or get an iPad everything is well connected.

But for the most part, just play around, watch reviews and ask yourself lf,

"How can I fit this device into my daily lifestyle?"
    03-10-12 12:52 AM
    I'm a student and I use this for school ALL THE TIME. Recording lectures, taking notes, making pictures from lecture slides, looking over documents, etc.

And in my spare time, I use it to play my media. Music is really good with the stereo speakers, movies playing via HDMI to my HD tv. Recording beautiful 1080p videos.

AppWorld is a bit lacking in comparison to other platforms, but I don't need fancy apps, so I'm pretty satisfied with the selection available right now.

For the price right now, it's hard to go wrong!
    03-10-12 01:08 AM
    But ,of the reviews I have read about the playbook , my concern remains the sideloading of android apps on the playbook(I.e. It runs only gingerbread apps-the apps not optimised for tablets).
    03-10-12 06:00 AM
    If you NEED Android apps,get an Android Tablet. For books, you can't beat Kindle as long as you don't need colour.

Unfortunately everyone seems to want a tablet to do everything, cheaply, and none of them is there yet.
    03-10-12 06:05 AM
    That's the reason I turn to people for advice here.
    03-10-12 07:50 AM
    I have not reported any problems because I have not had any. I fell in the largest category. Of occasional browser crashes. In fact since I purchased my Playbook in December I have had three, and on of those was in visiting a website quoted in the thread.

My daughter has had more frequent crashes. I don't know what the cause may be but I suspect it has something to do with browsing habits. This is not to say it isn't a legitimate problem but if it turns out to not be hardware related I'm not sure what can be done. She also had difficulty upgrading to 2.0.

Regarding the poll that was conducted here. There are in my opinion three types of people who come to these forums.
    1 - People like myself who love their PlayBook and want to learn me ore about it and new ways to enjoy it.
    2- People who have legitimate problems and come here seeking solutions.
    3- The aptly named Trolls, who only wish to stir the pot

So the result to of the project poll are naturally skewed as they don't include the vast majority of PlayBook to you owners who do not frequent this forum. Or seldom do. The best that can be said is that half of the respondents are having problems. Which is not that surprising for a site visited in large part by people who are having difficulties to begin with.
    03-10-12 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD