Hello, I'm new here. I just bought my 64GB Playbook today. I like it so far, I've played around with one so knew what to expect. Anyway, I was setting everything up and suddenly I noticed a small speck on the screen, so I blew on it to try to and get rid of it, but it didn't leave. So I did a restart to see if it was a dead pixel, but it didn't go off with the system and in fact looks as if the glass is cut under the screen or a piece of dust is under.

So, I guess I'm asking, should I take it back and exchange it? What would you guys do? It would suck if I ended up getting another one that was worse? This happened to me when I bought a 3DS. The glass was nicked a bit on the bottom, but the next on had one right in the center and I felt like I'd be turned away or something if I tried again.

I bought it from OfficeDepot, so that might be a nightmare anyway.
    10-30-12 09:48 PM
    Hello, I'm new here. I just bought my 64GB Playbook today. I like it so far, I've played around with one so knew what to expect. Anyway, I was setting everything up and suddenly I noticed a small speck on the screen, so I blew on it to try to and get rid of it, but it didn't leave. So I did a restart to see if it was a dead pixel, but it didn't go off with the system and in fact looks as if the glass is cut under the screen or a piece of dust is under.

So, I guess I'm asking, should I take it back and exchange it? What would you guys do? It would suck if I ended up getting another one that was worse? This happened to me when I bought a 3DS. The glass was nicked a bit on the bottom, but the next on had one right in the center and I felt like I'd be turned away or something if I tried again.

I bought it from OfficeDepot, so that might be a nightmare anyway.
    sounds like a dead pixel.. not very common for the pb...go ahead and get a replacement or negotiate a discount with the od manager and live with it...
    10-30-12 09:50 PM
    Can you post a picture ? A screenshot will be helpful
    10-30-12 10:02 PM
    I tried but couldn't get it into focus, it looks like a white cut in/under the glass. I can still see it with the PB off.
    10-30-12 10:16 PM
    Should be a dust particle under the screen. Get it changed, rather than taking it apart and voiding your warranty.
    10-30-12 10:28 PM
    As an aside, you can take native screenshots by pressing the VolUp and VolDown buttons at the same time and hear a shutter sound. The picture will be saved in the Camera folder as a png file, I believe.

If showing when off, probably dust. I'd return it as it may drive you crazy. There is also a free app - Display Test which can show bad pixels.
    10-30-12 11:01 PM
    Alright, just got back. I had to go to another store because the one I bought it from originally only had a display tablet for sale, not happening. So far it looks just fine. Thank you everyone!
    Last edited by Matt5bb; 10-31-12 at 12:20 AM.
    10-30-12 11:58 PM