05-15-13 10:41 AM
60 123
tools
    Have you seen this article: BlackBerry PlayBook not getting BlackBerry 10 update? | T3

After reading that, are your glasses so rose colored?
    Still don't see the part where he said it's not coming. Am I reading wrong?
    05-14-13 03:11 PM
    Still don't see the part where he said it's not coming. Am I reading wrong?
    Wow, what a beautiful rose color it must be!

If you want to be literal, no, you didn't read wrong. I suppose most people would read between the lines based on his comments in that article. It's the same line this thread is titled for...the line between your index and ring finger that BBRY has stuck up at us all.
    mrrubus likes this.
    05-14-13 03:19 PM
    They are stupid to think they stand a chance to sell their new children when we are telling all our friends how they don't feed their red-headed stepchild. Anyone I know that would have been thinking of getting a BB10 phone would walk away after I told them about the old BB and the new BB track history with supporting their devices and breaking their promises. They wont even give a date for BB10 on the playbook. That is just stupid; if they gave a date fence sitters like myself would have thought about getting a z10, but not anymore.

I'm slowly reckoning to the fact that BB10, and therefore Skype (the application I really miss) will not be coming to Playbook. Like it or not, PB users are in BlackBerry's rear view mirror, getting smaller and smaller as they zip ahead with BB10.

With the exception of those loyal users who bought PBs in the heady days of April 2011, most of us had fair warning. The PB has been an utter financial failure for RIM/BlackBerry, a symbol of its near-collapse. I would think it's a source of embarrassment for many inside the company.

There is no real financial benefit to servicing those who bought the tablet. I bought it because it was cheap ($170 on eBay after shipping), and it allows me to surf, send emails, and play games. I am not even a BlackBerry phone user. I knew the risks due to BlackBerry's past follies with the device, but I still bought it because I'm a cheap bugger. They have laid off staff and made a bet-the-company move on BB10. Why would they focus anymore of their resources on the poor, red-headed stepchild, the PB, when the other kids have at least a chance to pass high school?

I know they have already announced that BB10 would come to PlayBook, but that was some months ago and with Thorsten's more recent messaging about the lack of profitability in tablets, I fear this ship has sailed. But we should have known.
    blueberrymerry likes this.
    05-14-13 03:57 PM
    Seifer129 no.way was I going near a 10 device: no BIS...bills in thousands per month for NO roaming or security....
    05-14-13 04:04 PM
    It's very hard to be a BlackBerry user, many sad and disappointing days - one after the other.
    05-14-13 06:02 PM
    I keep finding reasons not to get a BB10 phone. Dammit. It looks like I will be rocking a Galaxy S4 next month....
    05-14-13 11:13 PM
    Shut up man... wait until they announce something about PlayBook... If they don't you can ***** right after BlackBerry live.
    Please sir, is it ok if we complain now?
    kevinnugent and chaosdivine like this.
    05-15-13 04:27 AM
    Please sir, is it ok if we complain now?
    Nope but hang in there you will be able to fully complain SOON!
    Angus_CB likes this.
    05-15-13 04:33 AM
    Lovely. You must be very proud of yourself.
    He's a lovely boy.
    05-15-13 04:49 AM
    I keep finding reasons not to get a BB10 phone. Dammit. It looks like I will be rocking a Galaxy S4 next month....
    That's the exact same feeling I have. I wanted to believe BBRY would do the right thing, but I'm glad I've held off. Truth is, if they had released it the same time in the US as the UK, I probably would have a Z10 right now. I'm somewhat glad they didn't release it immediately now.
    05-15-13 10:41 AM
60 123