From the thread title I didn't expect it to be a prostate exam
    I'm booked for Thurs. My annual (anal) examine - oil change and LUBE!!!!
    05-14-13 11:45 AM
    We have two 64gb Playbooks. I got mine a while back and knew nothing of BB10 at the time. The second I only picked up last month for the wife. Despite the lack of apps etc, I got it because of the anticipated BB10 update and the added usability it would bring. Wish I'd got her a Nexus 7 instead now.
    My mobile contract is up in August so I was considering the z10. Not any more! If this is how BB treat their customers then they can stick their phones right up their a##e. Android phone and tab for me next I think.
    05-14-13 11:57 AM
    Shut up man... wait until they announce something about PlayBook... If they don't you can ***** right after BlackBerry live.

Posted via CB10
    Lovely. You must be very proud of yourself.
    05-14-13 12:16 PM
    Just give us root access so we can hack the shiat out of it and make it what it should have been.

It's clearly dead so why protect it.
    05-14-13 12:22 PM
    Been asking the same thing on Beta Zone for a while. The funny thing is no one from BB is active on the Beta Zone, if that tells you anything. They've given us the finger a long time ago.
    chaosdivine likes this.
    05-14-13 12:24 PM
    Just give us root access so we can hack the shiat out of it and make it what it should have been.

This just in............root access coming soon
    05-14-13 12:50 PM
    This just in............root access coming soon
    Before the end of the year, I heard.
    Cynycl and anon(1852343) like this.
    05-14-13 12:52 PM
    great thread title, great body, excellent format, great post.

awesome thread A++++++ will read again.
    I bought this thread on sale and my wife and I couldn't be happier. Solid build quality and great customer support. I tried the others and they couldn't beat the value and quality of this one. I would highly recommend this product. 5 stars *****
    05-14-13 01:08 PM
    Well 57Vulgarities may have stuck his finger up my *** but at least it stayed stationery and no movement means less pain, but the pain of me jumping over to Windows Phone with my BIS sim and a new Windows tablet in October until Microsoft aquire BB and QNX then a port to Windows 8 QNX...so let's summarize then OS three steps forward to 10 and then 2 steps back to Windows 8......

Kathy Griffin could not even write a script this funny!
    shaankaleem likes this.
    05-14-13 01:10 PM

I agree. If BlackBerry doesn't have any plans to support the PlayBook, then let us make it what we want. Just give us the root access so we can install android and we promise to never speak of the failures about the PlayBook.
    05-14-13 01:17 PM
    I agree. If BlackBerry doesn't have any plans to support the PlayBook, then let us make it what we want. Just give us the root access so we can install android and we promise to never speak of the failures about the PlayBook.
    You wouldn't want to run JB on this hardware anyway. And if it isn't JB you may as well not bother.
    05-14-13 01:37 PM
    Kathy Griffin could not even write a script this funny!
    Because Kathy Griffin is not funny.
    05-14-13 01:42 PM
    You wouldn't want to run JB on this hardware anyway. And if it isn't JB you may as well not bother.
    They just announced JB for BB10 in June. That must mean JB is coming to Playbook.......................................... .................................................. .Soon.
    05-14-13 01:42 PM
    Because Kathy Griffin is not funny.
    Ya sweetie she takes the P.I S S, just like BB
    05-14-13 01:49 PM
    Been asking the same thing on Beta Zone for a while. The funny thing is no one from BB is active on the Beta Zone, if that tells you anything. They've given us the finger a long time ago.
    Yup, BetaZone is a scam...don't get sucked in. No one replies and when they do it's with incredibly vague answers.
    05-14-13 01:49 PM
    They just announced JB for BB10 in June. That must mean JB is coming to Playbook.......................................... .................................................. .Soon.
    Wow we gotta jailbreak to get BBM! PMSL....that's 58Vulgarities - I stand corrected!
    05-14-13 01:51 PM
    Well Sale of Goods Act and similar in your country/state/province is pretty much our finger up to BB...you cannot induce a.sale by lying about your product, ie no BB10 when the CEO declared it was coming...I see alot of court actions and a one billion dollar + right down as minimum now, more if BB wish to send legal representation to each case!

What BB gonna do, hack every website quoting its CEO with BIS/BES so no tracing of hacker available? Hhhmmmmmmm cheaper pull all them fingers out our asses and put them on PB10 teams!
    malingering likes this.
    05-14-13 01:56 PM
    Big news first. Playbook is little news except to us. Still think Carriers may be holding back OS10 for Playbook.
    05-14-13 01:57 PM
    Big news first. Playbook is little news except to us. Still think Carriers may be holding back OS10 for Playbook.
    How can they? It's a unlocked sim free device, then there are a minimal proportion of ain't! Poor sods...
    05-14-13 02:02 PM
    I'm slowly reckoning to the fact that BB10, and therefore Skype (the application I really miss) will not be coming to Playbook. Like it or not, PB users are in BlackBerry's rear view mirror, getting smaller and smaller as they zip ahead with BB10.

With the exception of those loyal users who bought PBs in the heady days of April 2011, most of us had fair warning. The PB has been an utter financial failure for RIM/BlackBerry, a symbol of its near-collapse. I would think it's a source of embarrassment for many inside the company.

There is no real financial benefit to servicing those who bought the tablet. I bought it because it was cheap ($170 on eBay after shipping), and it allows me to surf, send emails, and play games. I am not even a BlackBerry phone user. I knew the risks due to BlackBerry's past follies with the device, but I still bought it because I'm a cheap bugger. They have laid off staff and made a bet-the-company move on BB10. Why would they focus anymore of their resources on the poor, red-headed stepchild, the PB, when the other kids have at least a chance to pass high school?

I know they have already announced that BB10 would come to PlayBook, but that was some months ago and with Thorsten's more recent messaging about the lack of profitability in tablets, I fear this ship has sailed. But we should have known.
    xanderten50 likes this.
    05-14-13 02:11 PM
    Oh, Thorsten announced the update was no longer coming? Didn't think so. Chill out guys we already knew the update wouldn't be out for BB Live.

Why not save all the raging until the cancellation of the update is announced?
    05-14-13 02:51 PM
    Have you seen this article: BlackBerry PlayBook not getting BlackBerry 10 update? | T3

After reading that, are your glasses so rose colored?
    05-14-13 02:57 PM
    You can side load the Android port
    Are you that sure? What's the chances it won't convert eh?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 03:03 PM
    Have you seen this article: BlackBerry PlayBook not getting BlackBerry 10 update? | T3

court miselling and misrepresentation of goods to entice a purchase of said product.... Ah bankruptcy, oh look Microsoft are buying from the liquidators.....
    05-14-13 03:03 PM

The PlayBook is a thing of the past. In Thor's eyes it is dead, and best left that way.

I'm not happy that it appears the writing is on the wall when it comes to any updates for the PlayBook. But I really wish that they would at least patch the Bridge App to at least give us the functionality we had with OS7.
    05-14-13 03:06 PM
60 123