Dear all,

Given that both the notion ink adam and the blackberry playbook will launch around the same time frame with perhaps a head start for the adam, and that both devices seem to rock from specs although with different objectives.
    What would you consider buying?

My main use of the device would be to annotate pdf and work on pdf files, so I see a greater advantage for the adam, although the playbook looks pretty good if synched with everything I have on my BB.

What do you think? or is it a nonsense?
    Cheers
    10-26-10 07:59 AM
    Nonsense. PlayBook all the way!!
    10-26-10 09:11 AM
    lets see, a tablet being built by a start up company that has been on again off again for over a year vs a tablet supported by one of the largest companies in the industry with a rock solid reputation for supporting high quality products. boy i dont know, thats a tough one.
    10-26-10 10:11 AM
    Given the main uses he states then it isn't a nonsense for him to look toward larger tablets at all, depending on the content of the pdfs then his best option might even be something like the Kno

Obviously, the only sensible solution would be to buy a larger one and a playbook.
    10-26-10 11:03 AM
    dude!!! PLAYBOOK.
    10-26-10 11:06 AM
    all work and no playbook makes anthony a dull boy !!!
    10-26-10 11:17 AM
    If the playbook had 3g i would say playbook all the way. I dont understand why they are not offering a 3g playbook. Might have to go Adam.
    10-26-10 01:08 PM
    If the playbook had 3g i would say playbook all the way. I dont understand why they are not offering a 3g playbook. Might have to go Adam.
    its simple, the qnx os does not support 3 or 4g at this point, its currently in development. that should not however delay a wifi version with the ability to tether as a bridge to a future 3/4g version.
    10-26-10 01:24 PM
    There WILL be a 3G (possibly 4G) PlayBook. It will will come out after the WiFi only version. Plan on Q3/4 2011.
    10-26-10 01:25 PM
    P l a y b o o k ftw
    10-26-10 01:29 PM
    as for the 3g argument if u r a bb user the tethering feature should work fine...and no need to pay double for internet...at times i tether my bb with my laptop and the speeds r great so i don't see the speeds degrading when tethering the bb with the playbook
    10-26-10 01:35 PM
    I had to google that one...lol!

I have to admit that there are some nice features on that Adam. Things that I would really like to see RIM add to the PlayBook; most notably that it has two standard USB ports, a mini USB, and a microSD slot. I actually may not be able to buy the PlayBook (because it won't be useful to me) if it doesn't have either a USB or an SD slot of some sort.

But, the Adam is just too freaking big! One they get into that size range then I may as well just carry a small laptop and KNOW that I can do everything I need to do... There's also the issue of what the quality will be. It's a big unknown. That said, I think it might be a company worth watching.
    10-26-10 03:55 PM
    Nonsense. PlayBook all the way!!
    haha nonsense was the perfect way to sum it up in one word
    10-26-10 03:57 PM
    There WILL be a 3G (possibly 4G) PlayBook. It will will come out after the WiFi only version. Plan on Q3/4 2011.
    i'm thinking it'll be released with about the same time line that iPad took with 3G version so probably early 3Q
    10-26-10 04:00 PM
    Never even heard of the Adam.
    10-26-10 04:22 PM
    I actually may not be able to buy the PlayBook (because it won't be useful to me) if it doesn't have either a USB or an SD slot of some sort..
    We know that the PB has a mini or micro USB slot. Not yet sure on the SD.
    10-26-10 04:26 PM
    We know that the PB has a mini or micro USB slot. Not yet sure on the SD.
    It has a micro USB, but we don't know what kind of functions it is capable of. If it's only for charging and data transfer between a computer or handset, it's not going to be very useful for me. I either need to be able to hook up an SD card reader and/or document scanner via USB or have a built in SD card reader. Otherwise it can't replace my laptop on the go, and if that's the case then there's no point in having one.
    10-26-10 05:33 PM
    If you can transfer data to your BB, either by USB or BT, from there you can put it on the SD Card. And if you can transfer data to a BB, I'd think you could transfer the data to a Desktop.

I have to say, if the PB does not have an SD slot, I'll be disappointed.
    10-26-10 05:51 PM
    Never even heard of the Adam.
    It is a much-delayed android tablet that is probably most notable for including the pixelqi screen.
    10-26-10 08:18 PM
    LOL...I thought this was a question on weather or not Kevin would replace Zeis with a PlayBook...my bad...LOL...SKYNET WILL GET YA!!!...PlayBook all the way...for tablets...Adam is ok too...LOL!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 09:02 PM
    PLAYBOOK or stay home.......
    10-26-10 09:38 PM
    If you already have a Blackberry it'd probably be better to choose the PlayBook especially now that developers have a bit more incentive to create apps. You'll probably find something that suits your needs. Even if we do have to pay to tether the most you'll pay for the ability to tether is around $15.
    10-27-10 04:26 AM
    Uhm...what's an Adam and who's Notion Ink?
    10-27-10 12:31 PM
    Uhm...what's an Adam and who's Notion Ink?
    google is your best friend.
    10-27-10 01:57 PM
    hmm, sounds like all crackberries answers...the best choice is certainly to get them both.

the really good thing about the adam is the dual screen and the fact that it is larger, which would make it ideal for reading papers and annotating them.

The really awesome thing about the playbook is its convenient size to carry around and the fact to tether with the BB but I don't think it ll be convenient for heavy work such as proofreading and annotating long documents,

For those of you too lazy to google the adam: Notion Ink
    Last edited by fnguyen; 10-27-10 at 02:49 PM.
    10-27-10 02:42 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD