I was on another site today and I came across this old article.. but i feel the same with v2.0, has anyone seen any new ads related to this really important update?

T Minus 13 Days to BlackBerry PlayBook Launch and STILL no Ad Campaign - BerryReview

Maybe i missed it.
    chealyjazz likes this.
    02-09-12 08:21 PM
    You might want to check the date that the article was posted. I'm just saying.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-09-12 10:18 PM
    You might want to check the date that the article was posted. I'm just saying.
    he did say old article if you read it correctly
    02-10-12 12:51 AM
    I posted this because, after all the talk about new campaign shift, RIM seems to be missing another opportunity with v2.0 to show how good this tablet really is. It feels like a repeat. The Opportunities exists to show how flexible, configurable, portable, professional, useful; how the full-gusture interface is much more natural than any other interface that uses buttons for anything... and can easily be used to eliminate extra mobile devices during a quest to consolidate...
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-12-12 09:10 PM
    You guys are right. I love my PB, but you made me wonder if PB is really just a QNX beta platform for BB 10.
    The absence of any kind of promotion is....hmmm?
    02-12-12 09:21 PM
    The more things change, the more they stay the same. Research In Motion management exemplify the concept of stupidity - a person who keeps repeating the same steps expecting a different outcome each time despite achieving identical outcomes each time. The BlackBerry PlayBook advertising campaign should have started on 01 February 2012 and run continuously through 29 February 2012.

Additionally, the "Be Bold" campaign is ridiculous and does not mention any of the reasons you would want to use a BlackBerry Bold smartphone. Who is Research In Motion hiring to produce these campaigns?
    02-12-12 11:15 PM
    I agree. RIM is so used to word of mouth and their business and enterprise reputation selling for them that I don't think they actually have the proper mindset to deal with a general consumer ad plan. I have found that lack of exposure has been a HUGE factor in the identity crisis of the PB. My opinion.
    02-12-12 11:49 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The marketing campaign should follow immediately after the release of 2.0 ... that is when i expect the advertising to appear ... IMO ....
    02-13-12 12:07 AM
    First let's see if thor can get the update out on time... That should be his first aim if not then people will come out with the criticism even harder
    02-13-12 12:14 AM
    Maybe RIM don't believe in their devices that's why they don't want to spend money in marketing it. Hope not.
    02-13-12 12:18 AM
    The marketing campaign should follow immediately after the release of 2.0 ... that is when i expect the advertising to appear ... IMO ....
    I hope you're right. I know some campaigns are run that way.
    02-13-12 12:20 AM
    I agree that their marketing is non-existant. But I wonder if it would also be helpful to send a targeted marketing campaign to all current Blackberry Phone holders. RIM must know who its users are - whether through email addressed registered on App World; BBID, BBM, etc - and then be able to send targeted announcements to these people highlighting how well the Playbook works with BB phones.

I'm actually trying to think back to last year as to whether or not I received any notice from RIM that the Playbook was in the works. I know I did after I registered on the site for updates but I dont recall if I received anything before that.
    02-13-12 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD