I have the Journal case and the Otterbox, I find that I use the Otterbox for everyday usage and just hanging around, and the Journal case when there are more important situations where I need to "showoff" the actual size of the PlaoBook. I also use the Zagg invisible shield for my screen protection.
    Last edited by spencerdl; 07-12-11 at 05:51 PM.
    TaZ52083 likes this.
    07-12-11 05:47 PM
    I use the BB Zip sleeve (blue) which carries both my PB and Kindle. For a stand I use the Arkon portable fold-up stand available from Amazon, and the Lenovo portable Thinkpad bluetooth mouse (works really well). I'm using the Apple bluetooth keyboard which works fine, but am looking at others. Any suggestions.
    07-13-11 03:00 PM
    I'm looking for a Case with a Stylus slot or loop, with a stand and openings to connect the charger or sync cables.

Is this case ok looking? I'm thinking about geting it, but not sure how it actually looks in use.

Acase BlackBerry Playbook High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case

It has the opening to be able to charge it while the case is closed and it seems like the cover latches closed, and I could probably find a place to insert a stylus.
    Anyone have or seen one let me know please.
    07-14-11 10:48 AM
    I'm looking for a Case with a Stylus slot or loop, with a stand and openings to connect the charger or sync cables.

Is this case ok looking? I'm thinking about geting it, but not sure how it actually looks in use.

Acase BlackBerry Playbook High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case

It has the opening to be able to charge it while the case is closed and it seems like the cover latches closed, and I could probably find a place to insert a stylus.
    Anyone have or seen one let me know please.
    WOW, its a good looking case to me, but all that really matters is if you like it. I'm happy with my Journal and Otterbox for now, but I will keep this case in mind for the future. Excellent price also
    07-14-11 12:36 PM
    Hey all...

I wanted to ask you guys for your suggestion on something...

Someone told me that there are some bluetooth keyboards and mice that work for the ipad that also might work for the playbook.

Can someone please recommend some that might work? I am interested in maybe getting one...

Thanks...
    My Current setup for Bluetooth Keyboard and Bluetooth mouse is as Follows:

BT Keyboard: Apple Bluetooth Keyboard

Works Great, Fast typing response. few glitches with the keyboard not sure if it is on the playbook side or the actual keyboard itself. One example is when typing anything you cant hold down the delete button and have continuous deleting. You have to repeatedly press the delete button to have continuous deleting of words. The other glitch is that in sheet to go using the keyboard you cant use the arrow keys or the tab key to change cells or boxes. they are minor glitches that i can live with but be nice to seem em fixed in the future. Once RIM release the BB keyboard i will probably get that if they program shortcuts and hotkeys on the keyboard. Like adjusting volume level, maybe a key to switch three running apps, etc. If they dont incorporate those i will probably just stick with the apple keyboard.

Bluetooth Mouse: Razer Orochi Bluetooth Laser Gaming Mouse - Black

Razer Orochi Bluetooth Laser Gaming Mouse - Black : Gaming Mice - Best Buy Canada

Works great, haven't come across any problems with this mouse. I believe with this mouse it has an internal memory built into the mouse. so you can hook it up to your computer change the settings, like sensitivity and other options, save it to the mouse and it will remember it and use those settings on other devices. I haven't tried it out yet to see if it works on the playbook, but when i do i'll let you guys know.

Cases: Targus Blackberry Playbook Truss Leather Case.

Targus BlackBerry PlayBook Truss Leather Case (THZ05102CA) : Tablet Cases & Skins - Future Shop

Works great. Full access to top buttons. Only problem i find is when hard to access bottom ports for charging when you are standing it up on its own. and it has a little bit of weight to it. but overall its pretty good. I like how with this case it has a slot where you can store a stylus pen in it.

Charging stand:
    Works good. find that sometimes it always doesnt connect properly and results with the charging indicator coming on then off quickly. but once you get it lined up right it works great.

Also a have a targus stylus pen which works pretty good.

Also have the hdmi cable which makes hooking the playbook up to monitors and tvs pretty sick. And with the bluetooth keyboard and mouse it actually feels like your using a computer or laptop.

Now i am looking into getting a car mount for my playbook. Just waiting for more options to come available.
    rustmonkey and Eli_B like this.
    07-14-11 09:08 PM
    i dont know why people dont like the convertible case...i just got mine and love it!
    07-15-11 10:05 PM
    07-16-11 09:03 AM
    We need a bluetooth keyboard/touchpad case that converts into a stand. Then a great RDP app that supports bluetooth keyboard/touchpad combo.
    gritsinct likes this.
    07-17-11 03:53 PM
    I like it a lot. Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't ship it to Canada. Is it sold someplace where they ship it here ?

Anybody ?
    High Quality Leather Case Folio for BlackBerry PlayBook - eBay (item 280689179905 end time Jul-31-11 23:40:22 PDT)

will ship worldwide
    07-17-11 04:06 PM
    We need a bluetooth keyboard/touchpad case that converts into a stand. Then a great RDP app that supports bluetooth keyboard/touchpad combo.
    Such a case already exists, I'll need to dig it out for you.
    07-17-11 04:06 PM
    Here it is - Amazon.com: Hip Street Portfolio Case for Playbook with Bluetooth Keyboard (HS-PBCASE-3IN1): Electronics
    Playbook Case with Bluetooth Keyboard, be careful the reviews don't look promising......
    gritsinct likes this.
    07-17-11 04:09 PM
    I bought the convertible case on line. It is well made. For me it has to work with the charging base. I have two bases. One for work and one for home.

I like the convertible cover so I modified it to work with the base. I cut out the bottom section that interferes with the charger and used two pieces of double sided tape to make sure the cover stays, although it works well without the tape. The rubber bottom is very tough and hard to cut. I ended up using a chisel to get a good straight line.

BB should make the thing with cut lines on it so users could cut the piece out if they want to.
    Last edited by tamcon; 07-29-11 at 04:23 PM.
    oilgeo10, nickolas16 and b147082 like this.
    07-17-11 07:27 PM
    Thanks for the link. Finally, I got the Acase on Amazon. The dealer had some for $16 and shipped them to Canada. A little expensive thou (ship. $14), but it's done and will be delivered this week. Certainly would have bought the one on eBay if I'd have been a little more patient.
    07-18-11 08:47 AM
    got myself a viva madrid convertible case that looks similar to that ebay link haha :P.
    07-19-11 04:59 AM
    Now that I ordered a Acase from Amazon,

Amazon.com: Acase BlackBerry Playbook High Quality Premium Slim Leather Case Folio with built-in Stand for for Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet - Wifi 16GB, 32GB, 64GB (Black): Electronics

I might sell my Otterbox Defender which I've received yesterday. Is there a forum dedicated for selling items here on Crackberry ?

TY
    07-22-11 09:53 AM
    i ordered a Sena case. Expensive but top rate. PB easily slides in, but is secure, and it has holes in all the right places. elastic strap inside leather thong holds it closed like Kindle case Only one viewing angle but stick your torch under it for a flatter slightly propted up view.
    07-23-11 09:29 AM
    I bought the convertible case on line. It is well made. For me it has to work with the charging base. I have two bases. One for work and one for home.

I like the convertible cover so I modified it to work with the base. I cut out the bottom section that interferes with the charger and used two pieces of double sided tape to make sure the cover stays, although it works well without the tape. The rubber bottom is very tough and hard to cut. I ended up using a chisel to get a good straight line.

BB should make the thing with cut lines on it so users could cut the piece out if they want to.
    WOW - well done! I wish they sold it like this. Did you consider cutting out part of the top so you can access the volume/power buttons directly?

i dont know why people dont like the convertible case...i just got mine and love it!

there's no denying it's well made- just doesn't feel great stretching the plastic multiple times a day to get the playbook in and out of it; and for those of us with the charging stand; that's a must.

Even if you didn't have the charging stand but wanted to prop it up using the case (say at night by your bed), it can't be charged that way. It has to be laying flat.

I wonder if the new stand from n4bb store can be used with the oem convertible case:

Last edited by 2001bmw330xi; 07-23-11 at 01:34 PM.
    07-23-11 01:29 PM
    tried the targus convertable case and returned it because too bulky, went with bb convertable. much more sleek, downsides power button super hard to press and wish this hand a rubberband to hold flap. also i love the rapidcharger magnet!!!! i also got the case mate barely there and pretty happy keeps it sleek. im not a fan of making my bb devices bulkier. if it breaks o well buy new ones. o ya also got the arkon stand its awesome just wish it was tinier
    07-24-11 04:20 PM
    I've been using the BB Convertible case since I got he PlayBook (4/19). I've been really happy with it so far. I too have had issues with the Power Button, but since the intro of the on-screen power buttons, that has been a non-issue for me. The Volume buttons seem to work fine with the convertible case one.

I'm not positive how well the Convertible is going to hold up in the long run, but for now it is (almost) exactly what I want.

I'm anxiously awaiting the BB keyboard. I really want something with working tab and arrow keys! If RIM can't get it's keyboard out, I may have to look elsewhere. I'd love to hear more about other people's experiences with other keyboards, including the mac keyboard.
    07-25-11 02:41 PM
    i really want a convertible case but i have searched virtually everywhere in thailand and can't find it anywhere it so sad i want to cry and to order one from ebay the shipping cost is higher than the price of the case! i wish someone would import these great cases foe pb here
    07-26-11 03:13 PM
    Hey this is what im using and i got to say i love it very sleek easy to carry and i use it as a stand. great quality.

DODOcase for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet | DODOcase
    07-27-11 01:27 AM
    Does anyone familiar with the brand of Capdase?
    Coz I see this one on their website www.capdase.com and it (finally) shows Soft Jacket Expose series for PlayBook.
    Looks cool since it has flip-out for use with Rapid Charger Desktop (not included) and also has back cover (from what I see) that will be able to utilized as stand in portrait and landscape mode.
    07-27-11 03:57 PM
    Anyone using a stylus who can fill me on if they work and how they work? Can you use it on any program (such as the memo pad)??

Thank you
    I have a stylus for my PB and cant get it to work......maybe the operator but ?????
    07-28-11 06:53 AM
    Anyone using a stylus who can fill me on if they work and how they work? Can you use it on any program (such as the memo pad)??

Thank you
    07-28-11 10:19 AM
    just had a buddy come back from the states with my new BlackBerry PlayBook convertible case and i absolutely loooooove it.

It actually makes the power button easier to press for me...maybethey fixed that problem everyone was complaining about. and the view angle for the far slot is perfect...but i feel the first slot is pretty useless and would have loves a flat kinda just barely off the table angle but u can improvise and get that one...

seriously awesome case though. really well made and classy and not bulky at all
    07-28-11 08:23 PM
115 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD