I have been researching cases and this is what i found so far... looking for feedback:

The Targus Zierra Portfolio is very nice w/ great reviews but is too bulky for me for everyday use around the house.

Targus Truss is no good for me as it covers part of the the bezel (bottom).

Otterbox is ok but too heavy for me.

RIM Convertible has issues with the power/volume buttons... but is very slick... Also, very cheap on Amazon. some reported that you cannot charge the PB unless the case is ope

my favorite is the slim Acase or Genie or the Blurex which is the cheapest. I think they are all made by the same manufacturer.

The roocase looks cool if you are into Red.
    07-31-11 05:18 PM
    I've had the Blackberry convertable case, the Acase Folio, the Casemate Barely there, the casemate pop case, the Blackberry gel case, & the Pyrus Faux leather case. I'm waiting for the rooCase folio (black) to come in Tuesday. Every one of them had something good & 1 thing that wasn't right. I am hard to please, but someone needs to make a case that the stand works right, has slots cut out to charge while in the case, has some kind of closure for the lid, doesn't make the buttons hard to control & looks good.
    Maybe the rooCase will work out for me, with the velcro to hold it in the stand position.
    I'll report back with the results. Or I'll keep looking until I find the right one!
    07-31-11 11:23 PM
    I've had the Blackberry convertable case, the Acase Folio, the Casemate Barely there, the casemate pop case, the Blackberry gel case, & the Pyrus Faux leather case. I'm waiting for the rooCase folio (black) to come in Tuesday. Every one of them had something good & 1 thing that wasn't right. I am hard to please, but someone needs to make a case that the stand works right, has slots cut out to charge while in the case, has some kind of closure for the lid, doesn't make the buttons hard to control & looks good.
    Maybe the rooCase will work out for me, with the velcro to hold it in the stand position.
    I'll report back with the results. Or I'll keep looking until I find the right one!
    what did you not like about the acase?
    07-31-11 11:25 PM
    I just purchased a magazine on the Playbook, and inside is an ad for very exquisite, and very expensive Playbook cases in custom designed leather, from a company called "Piel Frama" iMagnum. These cases are orders only and take roughly 25days to receive, but they are georgus looking....
    QuantumFish777 likes this.
    07-31-11 11:33 PM
    I liked the Acase the best so far. The only problem i had was, when in the stand mode, it slips out of the grooves easily. If you type much and press a little too hard it slips out & folds up.
    I probably could have taped velcro to it, but it would look trashy.
    07-31-11 11:37 PM
    The Piel Frama case looks amazing. Wow, 120 Euro, would be a very nice present...
    08-02-11 05:02 AM
    I luv my Mivizu case I got from Amazon. It props up the Playbook like you would want and safely secures it with an elastic band when closed. Although I am not sure I like the orange color of that band, but at least the case is black...
    08-02-11 08:20 AM
    Are there any "reasonably" priced screen protectors out there?
    I have looked on Ebay and the decent ones seem to cost $30-$40+ AUD
    Can anyone suggest anywhere I could purchase internationally that may be cheaper?
    Thanks.
    08-02-11 09:23 AM
    Check out boxwave - I got their's for my Kindle3. It was not available when I was looking for my pb. I don't know its price.
    QuantumFish777 likes this.
    08-02-11 10:15 AM
    Awesome thanks. $14.99 USD not bad at all.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-02-11 11:51 AM
    Are there any "reasonably" priced screen protectors out there?
    I have looked on Ebay and the decent ones seem to cost $30-$40+ AUD
    Can anyone suggest anywhere I could purchase internationally that may be cheaper?
    Thanks.
    Check on Monoprice.com. They have good prices on their screen protectors. They have a clear one, a matte finish, and a security view (where you can't see the screen from an angle).
    08-03-11 03:14 PM
    Here is my review of CapDase SoftJacket Xpose for PlayBook.
    It just came this morning and been using it for a few hours:
    Pros:
    - Out of the box, u get: Silicone Case with flip-to-open on the bottom side for desktop charging (that's the reason I bought it)
    - Also get a cover (could be used to cover and protect the screen) and also as desk stand with angles u can try on
    - Free screen protector (clear)
    - Useful for u who have the recessed power button Easier to press
    - I bought it for less than $20
    Cons:
    - Not 100% fit, since I got a bumpy back on the BB logo
    - Kinda hard to close/open the cover for the first time
    - more to come..

Here are the pics if you guys interested
    Last edited by togardergrosse; 08-15-11 at 05:40 AM. Reason: correction on price conversion, sorry
    08-15-11 05:39 AM
    Does anyone know if the Convertible Case (ACC-40279-301) made with genuine leather or is it faux leather. Pretty much all retailers list this as leather, but the RIM's own site does not specify what it is made from. Thanks.
    09-24-11 07:37 PM
    i haven't gone through the whole thread, but i bought the BB rapid charger for my 32Gb Playbook and the BB leather "book" like case. l also bought a pair of Sony headphones for private listening and some Bose Companion 2 speakers for general listening. The Bose speakers sound great with the Playbook. I plan on buying a 500Mb Seagate Satellite hard drive to store my movies.
    09-24-11 07:50 PM
    I have the targus leather case, it's a bit bluky but excellent protection & great for travel...
    I bought a Targus leather case but found it extremely bulky making it feel like an old-fashion day-planner / organizer. I recently purchased a HipStreet leather case and prefer it hands down.
    09-25-11 06:56 AM
    Has anyone purchased the vaja leatherbook? Love the look and style of it, just wanted to see some more pics and feedback about it before I drop 90 + shipping for it haha
    10-13-11 04:20 PM
    I have the original Playbook convertable case (the one that looks like a book).
    Bought this one simply because it's flat and looks so slick. However, it's overpriced IMO. Well, depends how long it'll survive :P

Bought the 2 in 1 screen protector from i-CON. I've applied the glossy one and it just looks gorgeous. I usually suck at applying this kind of stuff, but I managed to avoid huge air bubbles. My friends couldn't tell that my PB had a screen protector
    10-13-11 09:07 PM
    FYI: just picked up the corded Rapid Charger for the PlayBook at Staples who is clearing them out for $17.50 which is less than last month (35.90). Bought a few reams of paper in order to use the $5 off $25 coupon. The corded Rapid Charger charges the PB faster than the standard charger, minimizes wear/tear on the micro usb and makes the micro usb available for other uses.
    ACC-39341-303

Rapid Charger POD was clearanced at $7.50....ymmv
    Last edited by AggreX; 10-17-11 at 09:14 PM. Reason: update
    mz. yaya likes this.
    10-17-11 07:32 PM
    I bought a Sony VGP-BMS33 bluetooth laser mouse (open box, $10) and it works with the Playbook.

The Playbook demanded a bluetooth passcode, the mouse documentation said to skip it, the Playbook doesn't seem to allow skipping, so I tried "0000" and it worked.

I don't really plan to use it, but I was just curious if it would work.
    10-21-11 12:02 PM
    Does anyone know if the Convertible Case (ACC-40279-301) made with genuine leather or is it faux leather. Pretty much all retailers list this as leather, but the RIM's own site does not specify what it is made from. Thanks.
    I have it and it is a good quality faux leather. The journal is real leather and is very nice.
    10-21-11 07:51 PM
    I plan on buying a 500Mb Seagate Satellite hard drive to store my movies.
    Excuse the noobie question: does the PB accept external USB hard drives?
    10-22-11 08:25 AM
    I have the Dodo and I love. I take it with me everywhere I go. It's a great balance of function and fashion. I can admit that there may be other cases that may be more functional, but I appreciate the story that goes into making a Dodo case. I've attached a pic of mine.

Enjoy your Playbook in whatever case you decide to go ahead with.

Proud Playbook / Dodo (killer combo) owner.
    10-22-11 08:52 AM
    Excuse the noobie question: does the PB accept external USB hard drives?
    I wondered the same, it seems it created its own Wifi Hotspot to allow file transfer:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Sate...bUvbUpU6792244
    10-23-11 03:41 PM
    I wondered the same, it seems it created its own Wifi Hotspot to allow file transfer:
    Seagate GoFlex Satellite 500GB USB 3.0 Portable Rechargable Wireless Hard Drive - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    Actually, the Seagate Satellite creates the WiFi hotspot to which the BlackBerry PlayBook can connect to transfer files. As of yet you cannot have an active connection to from the tablet to the portable storage device and Internet at the same time. Seagate has alleged there will be a fix forthcoming to address this limitation. The Seagate GoFlex Satellite has come in very handy.
    10-23-11 04:01 PM
    Whats the favourite case around here? I'm kind of torn between the protection of the Otterbox Defender or the size of the Blackberry Convertible case... how much bulk does the Otterbox really add?
    triniberry10 likes this.
    10-23-11 05:25 PM
115 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD