I wanted to start a thread for all the accessories so we could discuss what works and what doesn't. So I hope this will be stickied by the mods. I know some cases aren't good cause they cover the bevel and some you need to remove to use the rapid charger. So discuss what works with what and if some of the stuff doesn't work at at all.
    DODOcase for BlackBerry PlayBook | DODOcase

also saw this case wanted to know if anyone got it or not seemed like a good one.
    4sapps and todbanner like this.
    04-20-11 08:07 PM
    I wanted to start a thread for all the accessories so we could discuss what works and what doesn't. So I hope this will be stickied by the mods. I know some cases aren't good cause they cover the bevel and some you need to remove to use the rapid charger. So discuss what works with what and if some of the stuff doesn't work at at all.
    DODOcase for BlackBerry PlayBook | DODOcase

also saw this case wanted to know if anyone got it or not seemed like a good one.
    If it came with auto sleep id consider it, i have the convertible now and will probably be returning it. I feel the flap is on the wrong side and the buttons on top do not align with the PB buttons well. Meaning the power button is even more of a PITA (though i rarely use it . . i just swipe instead)
    04-20-11 09:57 PM
    I bought the Zagg screen protector and it's wonderful. A hair wide, but not bad enough to be a dealbreaker! Feels fantastic, and you can't go wrong with a lifetime warranty!
    04-20-11 10:13 PM
    i have the convertible. i like it so far. i believe i can work around the flap on the wrong side and the power button covers not aligning reason being....THE GIRL AT BEST BUY GAVE IT TO ME FOR FREE!!!!
    04-20-11 10:27 PM
    I bought the Zagg screen protector and it's wonderful. A hair wide, but not bad enough to be a dealbreaker! Feels fantastic, and you can't go wrong with a lifetime warranty!
    Got one too, but not too happy with it (makes the screen lose it's sharpness) so I instead just bought this:

Protect your Blackberry Playbook screen from scratches, dirt and dust while reducing glare, fingerprints and smudges. New HD screen film is specially formulated to display higher detail while resisting glare and fingerprints and protecting your screen. Static cling adhesive film leaves no residue if film is removed.

TRUProtectionHDAntiGlareFilmforPlayBook
    04-20-11 10:39 PM
    I bought the charging stand. Slick

BlackBerryPlayBookRapidChargingPod

Same finish as the pb, heavy duty cord. Great stand for viewing, playing music, clock.
    Playbook is always on when using stand. Great for OTA updates.
    04-20-11 10:51 PM
    I bought the charging stand. Slick

BlackBerryPlayBookRapidChargingPod

Same finish as the pb, heavy duty cord. Great stand for viewing, playing music, clock.
    Playbook is always on when using stand. Great for OTA updates.
    Have this as well . . agreed on above points. . . though i wish it would go to a slide show in a docked-sleep.
    04-20-11 10:59 PM
    Hey all...

I wanted to ask you guys for your suggestion on something...

Someone told me that there are some bluetooth keyboards and mice that work for the ipad that also might work for the playbook.

Can someone please recommend some that might work? I am interested in maybe getting one...

Thanks...
    solomon_grundy likes this.
    07-03-11 11:10 PM
    Costco is selling the OtterBox� BlackBerry� Playbook� Defender Case for $43.99. Shipping and handling is included in this price...

Here is the link: Costco - OtterBox� BlackBerry� Playbook
    davidanthony999 likes this.
    07-04-11 04:43 PM
    Got one too, but not too happy with it (makes the screen lose it's sharpness) so I instead just bought this:

Protect your Blackberry Playbook screen from scratches, dirt and dust while reducing glare, fingerprints and smudges. New HD screen film is specially formulated to display higher detail while resisting glare and fingerprints and protecting your screen. Static cling adhesive film leaves no residue if film is removed.

TRUProtectionHDAntiGlareFilmforPlayBook
    What a bummer, I cant see this on the UK region's website
    07-05-11 01:51 PM
    What a bummer, I cant see this on the UK region's website
    Agreed, I can't see it either
    07-05-11 04:57 PM
    Hey all...

I wanted to ask you guys for your suggestion on something...

Someone told me that there are some bluetooth keyboards and mice that work for the ipad that also might work for the playbook.

Can someone please recommend some that might work? I am interested in maybe getting one...

Thanks...
    Here are 2 that work.
    Apple keyboard (although function keys do not map to PB)
    Magic Mouse
    Eli_B likes this.
    07-05-11 05:38 PM
    My Playbook goes everywhere with me, but only because of my Otterbox Defender!
    07-06-11 12:46 AM
    Just ordered the Dock (on eBay).

Main reason is because of the Rapid Charge feature.
    07-06-11 01:16 AM
    I received this Leather Folio Case today from Amazon and am very happy with the product. It has 2 groves for the stand but best of all the Playbook can lay down at a slight angle using the hooks at at the bottom of the case. This serves as a third resting position that will also allow you to plug in the usb without ruining the port.

Folio Pics
    Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

I was using the BB Convertible Case which works well but seems that the quality could be a bit better. The Folio Case is also slimmer than the BB branded one. I looks like a thin leather book.

Amazon.com: Protective Genuine Leather Folio Case With Built-In Stand for BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB , 32GB , 64GB **Includes Micro-USB Charge Cable and Accessory Bag**: Electronics
    Last edited by optimo; 07-07-11 at 05:19 PM.
    shrinkbbuser and BSFA2008 like this.
    07-07-11 04:48 PM
    Costco is selling the OtterBox� BlackBerry� Playbook� Defender Case for $43.99. Shipping and handling is included in this price...

Here is the link: Costco - OtterBox� BlackBerry� Playbook
    In the CB store it's $62.95. CB store must be more expensive.
    07-09-11 02:34 AM
    anyone heard of a "smart cover" type case?? does the PB even have a magnet shutoff feature like the BBs???
    07-09-11 11:22 AM
    I received a BestSkinsEver skin the other day. I have always used them on my electronics and as always I am very happy with it. You can see a bit of the orange peel effect, but it is still curing.
    07-09-11 11:39 AM
    I'm using the Blackberry leather convertable case. Works well and adds stability especially while in my briefcase. Only downside I've experienced is that the buttons on top do not access the power and volume buttons. The rubber indents are there but they simply do not activate the physical buttons that they cover.

Best Buy - BlackBerry Convertible Case for BlackBerry PlayBook Tablets - Black customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

I'm also using the Zagg screen protector, which is really cool and I have no issues with it, hardly know its there. BlackBerry Playbook Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

I'm also using the Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard 6000, and it makes posting on forums or chatting a breeze, though it's not as portable perhaps as many would like. I only use the keyboard at my desk at work or home, on the run it's me, my 9650, and the Playbook. I got it for $39 at Best Buy
    Microsoft Unveils Company
    07-09-11 04:45 PM
    I have the leather convertible and experience the same issues like everyone about the top buttons very difficult to work.
    07-10-11 12:35 AM
    hmm... i have the convertible case and no problem with the buttons at all.
    For me hitting the power button is even easier with the case than without though i do not use it often,the power menu in the bar is more comfortable i think.Because either way its not very easy to push it .
    But today i realized holding the pb for a longer time in the convertible case is more comfortable than without the case,because of the better grip,so my pb wont leave the case any time soon , i really like the case
    Last edited by nimrodity; 07-10-11 at 02:33 AM.
    07-10-11 02:30 AM
    I take my PlayBook pretty much everywhere I go now. Work, school, and just out and about. I bought the Convertible case and the Zagg screen protector. That's good enough for me.

Case - 9/10 (I guess I got lucky because I have absolutely no problems with pressing the buttons)
    Screen protector - 10/10
    07-10-11 11:52 AM
    i have the Journal case and I'm having button issues as well . i think RIM needs to come out with a kinda hybrid between the closing abilities of the Journal with the stand abilities of the Convertible.
    07-11-11 09:57 AM
    Hi All,

Ordered a BlueTooth Keyboard and Mouse so I can use my PlayBook via HDMI on a large LCD Screen, and thought maybe others could use the information on their search for working hardware on PlayBook.

Keyboard: 2.4GHz Bluetooth Optical Mouse with Carrying Pouch (2*AAA) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Mouse: 78-Keys Compact Rechargeable Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for iPhone/iPad/Desktop/Laptop/Mobile - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Devices are small-form-factor though, look good before u buy.

All found, ordered, and shipped from China (DealExtreme.com) took 3 weeks.

Add;If you use the BlueTooth Mouse, The Bezel can be touched with the right-mouse-button and dragging the screen.
    And the swiping with right mouse button works also to peek at the top menu bar!

Greetings!
    keith1000 likes this.
    07-11-11 03:16 PM
    I have the targus leather case, it's a bit bluky but excellent protection & great for travel...
    07-12-11 10:18 AM
115 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD