No.. it is not another fire sale... but some offer that they are pushing out because the 16Gb apparently is permanently out of stock

Here what happened: I purchased a 16GB (my second PB that will be a gift) during the discount period and at that time it was already "back ordered".
    Today (day when I should have received it) I got the following email from the Best Buy customer service:

"Dear DAVIDE,
    Thank you for your recent Blackberry 16GB Tablet (sku #######) order on BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, we are out of stock on this item and unable to obtain any more. We apologize for this inconvenience. As a replacement we would like to offer you the Blackberry 64GB Tablet at the same price.

If you would like this product as your replacement item, found on the link below, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) by November 4, 2011 and we will place an order for this item at the original price you paid. Please note your original order will be automatically canceled. Please have your order number handy when you contact us so that we may serve you faster."

Mmmm... let me think if I can possibly accept the 64GB for the price of the 16GB...

Thanks Best Buy I think I will go for it I should receive it next week.
    10-27-11 02:45 PM
    You should thank RIM for putting out a half baked product. That's the real reason retailers are willing to let them go at such a low price.
    10-27-11 02:47 PM
    That's awesome!! Congrats
    10-27-11 02:48 PM
    That's a great price. I got my 64 GB $425 but i got the Staples price match. Get the 2 yr extended warranty and 2 yr buyback option.
    10-27-11 02:54 PM
    I wish I could get a deal like that on the playbook haha
    10-27-11 03:04 PM
    That's because they just want them out of their warehouses. They won't order any more 16GB models from RIM because of poor sales, in fact I bet BestBuy doesn't order anymore of any capacity once they are out. Those of you who think this is good news outside of the fact that this guy got a great deal are really blind. This shows only that retailers don't want to carry the thing IMHO which means it is dead.
    Send Again likes this.
    10-27-11 03:06 PM
    No.. it is not another fire sale... but some offer that they are pushing out because the 16Gb apparently is permanently out of stock

Here what happened: I purchased a 16GB (my second PB that will be a gift) during the discount period and at that time it was already "back ordered".
    Today (day when I should have received it) I got the following email from the Best Buy customer service:

"Dear DAVIDE,
    Thank you for your recent Blackberry 16GB Tablet (sku #######) order on BestBuy.com. Unfortunately, we are out of stock on this item and unable to obtain any more. We apologize for this inconvenience. As a replacement we would like to offer you the Blackberry 64GB Tablet at the same price.

If you would like this product as your replacement item, found on the link below, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) by November 4, 2011 and we will place an order for this item at the original price you paid. Please note your original order will be automatically canceled. Please have your order number handy when you contact us so that we may serve you faster."

Mmmm... let me think if I can possibly accept the 64GB for the price of the 16GB...

Thanks Best Buy I think I will go for it I should receive it next week.
    It's not a good deal for you. Let me take it. :-) jk. Congratulations!
    10-27-11 03:08 PM
    You should thank RIM for putting out a half baked product. That's the real reason retailers are willing to let them go at such a low price.
    The person who will receive it as a gift has already a BB so email and BBM will not be a problem.

I got mine on day 1 and used it since then bridging it first with my 9780 and then with my 9900.

I used it for business purposes (and for some cool and awesome games as well..) and I am really happy about it!! That is why I have decided to buy a second one: 6+ months of personal experience and daily use in all the most difficult situations such as accessing internet on the go between flights, recording and play video for clients, register audio notes, check news, store in the cloud the important files etc...
    black hole likes this.
    10-27-11 03:16 PM
    That's a great price. I got my 64 GB $425 but i got the Staples price match. Get the 2 yr extended warranty and 2 yr buyback option.
    It will go to Europe so the extended warranty is not valid there but thanks for the suggestion...

I purchased both options for mine when I got it.. hopefully I will be able to use the buyback if they ever release a PB2.
    I was sure when I bought it back in April.. not anymore now that that will be a possibility..

Oh well for now I am enjoying (and a LOT) mine!!
    10-27-11 03:36 PM
    The website shows at 499$ with 13 available for online order. Weird!
    10-27-11 03:43 PM
    Congrats on the score..good deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 03:51 PM
    Haters gona hate even on a dudes awesome luck...wow.
    10-27-11 03:58 PM
    Great deal! Contracts!
    10-27-11 04:01 PM
    Congrats on the awesome price.

Yeah. I checked and bestbuy.com and both the 16 and 32gb models were listed as back ordered

But best buy must be desperate to unload them. Cause they still have some instore availability at a couple of zip codes I checked in the DC area and the Orlando area. Not much availability for 16 or 32gb.

Best buy must not be buying anymore playbooks. If that's the case....

If it smells like a TouchPad, discounts like a Touchpad....it must suffer the same fate as the TouchPad
    10-27-11 06:00 PM
    Wow lucky you i wouldnt hesitate on that offer i paid full price for my 64playbook rrr.
    10-27-11 07:21 PM
    David I received the same email. When I called I was given a claim number and was told I would be contacted within a few days to process the order for the 64. That was 5 days ago and have yet to hear from them. Did you go through the same process?
    10-31-11 06:37 PM
    David I received the same email. When I called I was given a claim number and was told I would be contacted within a few days to process the order for the 64. That was 5 days ago and have yet to hear from them. Did you go through the same process?
    Similar but faster.. they called me back the same day. if I were you I would call them letting them know that you have already waited for your first order and you want the new one as soon as possible.. Good luck!
    10-31-11 09:32 PM
    Spoke with a Best Buy rep today who couldn't believe I was offered a 64gb to replace the 16gb! I was on the phone for a half hour while she prepared a case to present to her supervisor. Finally got a return call by the end of the day to confirm shipment soon. So it's happening for me to, a 64gb for $299! (shipping is also free)
    11-01-11 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD