Ive found what is supposed to be a new playbook 64gb. But when I receive it, on the side of the tablet it states 16gb. This seems to be a legitimate company I'm buying from thru amazon and I have spoken with them but I am worried about activating the playbook to find out it might not actually be a 64 gb. I'm thinking the outside case might say 16 gb but it is legitimately a 64 gb. Can anyone tell me what might be going on. I hate to lose this deal as it is a brand new not refurbished playbook for 134 dollars. Is there a way to check the size somehow without activating. I figure activating might make it difficult to return to amazon.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 06:59 PM
    You can turn it on and just skip creating a BlackBerry id and then go into settings, about and I think it's hardware that you go too (sorry by PB's are at home) or even storage and it should tell you how many gigs are free. Obviously if there are only 7-14 gigs free, you have a 16gig. Hopefully they just sent the wrong box

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    06-13-14 07:03 PM
    Ok I will do as you suggest but the 16 gb is on the playbook itself but the company a4c thru amazon swears both are 64gb. So one the side of the tablet itself it shows 16gb. Weird but I'm hoping they are both actually 64gb not 16 gb

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 07:13 PM
    Does the serial number on the side of the PlayBook tie up with the serial number on the white label on the side of the box?
    If it does & both the PlayBook & the box say 16GB, it seems very likely you've got a 16GB machine.
    Not sure if it still works, but there should be a card in the box with a customer support number shown, you could trying calling & quoting the serial number & asking them?
    06-13-14 07:41 PM
    Rebroker I did as you suggested but without activating it only shows basic info on playbook like wifi, os number etc but no info on size of drive. So it looks like you have to activate to get all the info for the playbook. I tried hooking up playbook to my pc and it doesnt show anything that way either even tho I have playbook software installed. Again I dont want to activate in case it really is only 16gb and doing this might cause me not to be able to return to amazon easily. I got two of these from amazon so unless I can figure some way to see the drive size of these I guess I will have to return

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 08:13 PM
    Bertie this company a4c doesnt send box in order to save costs. There isnt anyhing nefarious about this as they do to save shipping costs. I have enough experience with playbooks to see these pbs are new not refurbished but because of this I can't cross reference with box. Regarding calling BlackBerry these pbs aren't supported any longer so that wont work. Too bad. My original pb got stolen, I bought these but have to return and they aren't easy to find new any longer but I can't really use just 16gb

Posted via CB10
    jpash549 likes this.
    06-13-14 08:20 PM
    Bertie this company a4c doesnt send box in order to save costs. There isnt anyhing nefarious about this as they do to save shipping costs. I have enough experience with playbooks to see these pbs are new not refurbished but because of this I can't cross reference with box. Regarding calling BlackBerry these pbs aren't supported any longer so that wont work. Too bad. My original pb got stolen, I bought these but have to return and they aren't easy to find new any longer but I can't really use just 16gb

Posted via CB10
    Amazon( USA) has new 64GB playbooks for $157.49. $134 for a new 64 GB seems to be too low now in USA. Have you tried to talk to Amazon about the problem yet?
    06-13-14 08:48 PM
    Ok I will do as you suggest but the 16 gb is on the playbook itself but the company a4c thru amazon swears both are 64gb. So one the side of the tablet itself it shows 16gb. Weird but I'm hoping they are both actually 64gb not 16 gb

Posted via CB10
    In your original post, you seem to say you bought only one PlayBook. In this post, you say you bought two. You also say "So one the side of the tablet itself it shows 16gb." If you are saying that you bought two 64 GB Playbooks but on one of them, the side of the unit indicates that it is a 16 GB unit while the other indicates 64 GB, then why don't you just activate the 64 GB unit and enjoy it and return the one which indicates it is a 16 GB unit?

That's what I would do if I were you. The one that says 16 GB is most likely a 16 GB unit and a mistake was made by the shipper. Regardless of what it may really be, everything is in your favor for a return. Just return it and request that a 64 GB unit be sent because you bought a 64 GB unit. Amazon will be on your side because your paperwork will show 2 64 GB units were purchased by you but you received one 16 GB unit and one 64 GB unit.

If you received two Playbooks which say 16 GB on the side, I would just return both of them and request that the correct units be sent. If they refuse, get Amazon involved. You do not have to accept units which indicate they are 16 GB units when you paid for 64 GB units.

My suggestion is based on the assumption that the advertisement did not indicate that the seller was selling 64 GB PlayBooks but the units were misidentified on the body that they were 16 GB units, that is, they were cosmetically defective but otherwise fine.

Finally, if you are prepared to be patient and keep a lookout, I am quite confident you can find a better deal than the $134.00 you paid. About two years ago, they were all over the place for $149.00 and Amazon was selling them for less than the approximately $160.00 range for a long time. It goes up and down on Amazon. I have also seen them for about $129.00 on Groupon and other online retailers. $134.00 is a so-so price. I wouldn't consider it a steal but I wouldn't consider it a bad bargain either. Just depends on how much one wants it. Currently, I would not pay more than $100.00 for the 64 GB model but that is because I already have several of them.

Don't aggravate yourself. Just return the one that says it is 16 GB or both.

Good luck.
    06-13-14 10:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why do you say that your new PBs are not supported? As they are brand new you should have 12 months warranty and support from Blackberry.
    06-15-14 02:24 PM