Any proof?
    Sure, I'll show you mine next month
    06-16-12 12:33 PM
    Perhaps Mr Killen was wrong, or perhaps he was out of the loop, or perhaps he was misunderstood, or perhaps the journalist interjected this phrase on his own.

| The Nassau Guardian
    "As for the PlayBook 2, its summer launch will indeed be the first BlackBerry tablet device offered to the Caribbean, which will function under the new BTC 4G network."

This sentence was in an article which basically related information from Sean Killen, RIM director for the Caribbean who is based in Miami. The article does not actually quote Mr. Killen there nor explicitly credit him with this info, though. A short internet search suggests that the BTC "4G" network mentioned there is HSPA+.

I would think that the PlayBook 2 would be a great way for RIM to get real world experience and feedback for the wireless equipment that will be in the first BB10 phone.
    06-16-12 01:38 PM
    I thought RIM couldn't afford another tablet. Anyway they should release a new device just for now and possibly test BB10 on the 4G playbook
    06-16-12 01:42 PM
    How do you know so much *raise eyebrow*
    06-16-12 01:46 PM
    Sure, I'll show you mine next month
    Thanks. But if it does come out next month, I'll have one myself.
    Harryl6134 and Barljo like this.
    06-16-12 05:16 PM
    Thanks. But when it does come out next month, I'll have one myself.
    Fixed it for you
    06-16-12 05:26 PM
    Leaked roadmaps show the 4G PlayBook is overdue. It was supposed to be out already.

Two things are coming up soon: RIM announces its quarterly earnings and, more importantly, RIM's Annual Shareholder Meeting.

I think Management wants to show that they are accomplishing things are and it is all not just bad news. My guess is that we see 4G Playbook with 2.1 and a surprise or two on top of that before the AGM in July.

Just a guess.
    06-16-12 06:55 PM
    Leaked roadmaps show the 4G PlayBook is overdue. It was supposed to be out already.

Two things are coming up soon: RIM announces its quarterly earnings and, more importantly, RIM's Annual Shareholder Meeting.

I think Management wants to show that they are accomplishing things are and it is all not just bad news. My guess is that we see 4G Playbook with 2.1 and a surprise or two on top of that before the AGM in July.

Just a guess.
    Seems legit
    06-16-12 07:27 PM
    When a 4g Playbook comes out I will definitely get one whether its July or November provided it's not asininely priced at $500 and up.
    06-16-12 10:12 PM
    If it comes out priced around what a 32G goes for right now I'm in.
    06-17-12 03:17 AM
    If it comes out priced around what a 32G goes for right now I'm in.
    It is 4G so depends on the plan you are getting the price will vary. If you don't buy any data plan then I think the price will be higher as it has better hardware and 4g module. My guess it will be 350 or 400.

Just checked the Samsung galaxy 7.7 4G version is 699 without plan, so the playbook 4G price might be similar.
    Last edited by zzbsb; 06-17-12 at 06:16 AM.
    06-17-12 06:12 AM
    I'm trying to get pricing info now, might take a little while.
    06-17-12 08:22 AM
    All I can say is it better be available on Sprint or I'm gonna have to pay a grand for early term
    06-17-12 11:37 AM
    All I can say is it better be available on Sprint or I'm gonna have to pay a grand for early term
    why buy from sprint store when you can get it from best buy? I bought my PlayBook from best buy
    06-17-12 01:32 PM
    I would prefer to buy it outright, instead of bundling it with the carrier.

By the time your contract would be up, you have paid tripled the price of the device vs the price on the open market.

I always purchase my devices, instead of getting them through the carrier.
    06-17-12 01:37 PM
    I read here and in the Crackberry news sometime ago that Sprint had canceled their Wimax 4G Playbook. Have there been further announcements to contradict that news ? I haven't heard anything substantive from At&t or Verizon recently to suggest they were getting ready to sell 4G Playbooks. Although they would have a market.
    Personally, I wouldn't necessarily need one if all of the apps I currently have on my PlayBook made use of the bridge feature and didn't require wifi to work...
    Last edited by berrybooktime; 06-17-12 at 01:56 PM. Reason: For clarity, it was the WiMax version of 4G which Sprint backed out of.
    06-17-12 01:39 PM
    Was on the phone with our telco rep, local BlackBerry rep and a BlackBerry rep from Toronto, discussing a potential business app. They said August for the Caribbean. Lends credence to July for North America. We might get a pre-release one to try.
    06-17-12 01:47 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD