Not sure if it is true, anyone can confirm?
    06-15-12 12:48 PM
    Where did you hear this?

I can't confirm either way.
    Pearl63 likes this.
    06-15-12 01:07 PM
    This is unlikely I would think. At this point they should wait for BB10 to release the 4G playbook alongside with the 4G BlackBerry devices.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    06-15-12 01:09 PM
    This is unlikely I would think. At this point they should wait for BB10 to release the 4G playbook alongside with the 4G BlackBerry devices.
    Not really, Playbook is basically test platform for BB10 phones, they better realease it ahead and solve problems with it prior to BB10.
    06-15-12 01:12 PM
    Where did you hear this?

I can't confirm either way.
    some rumors i'm not sure how true it is.
    06-15-12 01:40 PM
    Not really, Playbook is basically test platform for BB10 phones, they better realease it ahead and solve problems with it prior to BB10.
    That's what I think they will do too.
    06-15-12 01:41 PM
    I think so.They need to sell something because no one is buying os7.
    06-15-12 02:04 PM
    I think so.They need to sell something because no one is buying os7.
    Not a whole lot of PlayBooks being sold either
    06-15-12 02:13 PM
    I thought the BB10 Alpha device was the test platform for BB10 phones. How many test platforms do they need? Also, has RIM ever characterized the PB as a test platform for anything? That's not how I remember them introducing it.
    06-15-12 02:25 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if the 4G Playbook comes out; there's fair evidence that it's been ready to roll for a while now.

Maybe the bigger question is just how enthusiastic the carriers are for it.
    06-15-12 02:37 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if the 4G Playbook comes out; there's fair evidence that it's been ready to roll for a while now.

Maybe the bigger question is just how enthusiastic the carriers are for it.
    Don't think they will be that excited unless it comes with BB10. Kind of a shame cause if released now Carriers would have all summer to market it with no real big competition from what the news looks like. But when back to school starts BB10 will be old tech, so kind of a double edge sword.
    06-15-12 02:46 PM
    Don't think they will be that excited unless it comes with BB10. Kind of a shame cause if released now Carriers would have all summer to market it with no real big competition from what the news looks like. But when back to school starts BB10 will be old tech, so kind of a double edge sword.
    How can BB10 be "old tech" by back to school when it won't be available until (likely) November?
    06-15-12 02:47 PM
    How can BB10 be "old tech" by back to school when it won't be available until (likely) November?
    If you read what I wrote it was a scenario if a 4G Playbook was released with BB10 this summer. Meaning they would loss the buzz when back to school started. Again that would be the only way carriers would be excited for a 4G playbook
    06-15-12 02:51 PM
    I thought the BB10 Alpha device was the test platform for BB10 phones. How many test platforms do they need? Also, has RIM ever characterized the PB as a test platform for anything? That's not how I remember them introducing it.
    Alpha is developer device for app development, its not equiped qith LTE chip, Playbook 4G will likely be equiped qith a lot of common internals and whole OS will be there so you can have general idea of how everything that's network dependant will perform.
    06-15-12 02:52 PM
    I hear Samsung is going to buy RIM and rename Playbook into the Samsung Universe.
    neteng1000 likes this.
    06-15-12 03:04 PM
    Not sure if it is true, anyone can confirm?
    Yes, it is true.
    06-15-12 07:55 PM
    I have two "sources ". One said not sure. The other said don't hold your breath.
    06-15-12 08:01 PM
    I hear Samsung is going to buy RIM and rename Playbook into the Samsung Universe.
    That doesn't sound right. lol
    siddo_d likes this.
    06-15-12 08:10 PM
    Not a whole lot of PlayBooks being sold either
    This is true but we can blame that on releasing a immature os without basic things like native email.

It was doomed from the jump.

However the Playbook now is coming along quite nicely and a 4g model with upgraded specs and os should do well. Add skype to the mix and bam, you have one mean machine.
    06-15-12 09:27 PM
    This is true but we can blame that on releasing a immature os without basic things like native email.

It was doomed from the jump.

However the Playbook now is coming along quite nicely and a 4g model with upgraded specs and os should do well. Add skype to the mix and bam, you have one mean machine.
    Don't get your hopes up for skype, and the native email will still suck until bb10. Skype will not show up when the 4G pb does
    TNNurse likes this.
    06-15-12 09:34 PM
    I have two "sources ". One said not sure. The other said don't hold your breath.
    Your sources are wrong, just saying........
    06-15-12 09:37 PM
    My question is will there be a wifi version with the improved specs?
    06-16-12 07:54 AM
    My question is will there be a wifi version with the improved specs?
    Eventually, but no one knows as of yet. My suggestion was to double the ram and ditch the 16gb version.
    06-16-12 09:19 AM
    Eventually, but no one knows as of yet. My suggestion was to double the ram and ditch the 16gb version.
    Awesome, I'll be all over it if it does come out.
    06-16-12 09:41 AM
    Your sources are wrong, just saying........
    Any proof?
    06-16-12 11:27 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD