One of RIM's major mistakes with the original Playbook was pricing a 7" tablet so high on initial launch. This of course turned people away from trying out this underdog tablet. What would everyone be willing to pay or do you think RIM will actually price the new 4G tablet (if it ever is released)?

I think realistically they will launch with this pricing 16g $299, 32g $349 and 64g $399. It would be more strategic of them to to get playbooks in peoples hands and price at 16g $199, 32g $249 and 64g $299. Especially since the new Galaxy Tab 7" 2 is priced at $250 and Nook Tablet now at $199.

Thoughts?
    05-10-12 05:33 PM
    Add fifty bucks to those
    05-10-12 05:41 PM
    There's a free bucket of kfc to the first 25 pre-orders at giant tiger

Psyche
    05-10-12 05:42 PM
    If the original prices on the current PlayBook are used I believe it will price $399 $499 and $599. But I agree with OP if there are no other changes except 4G.
    05-10-12 06:57 PM
    If the original prices on the current PlayBook are used I believe it will price $399 $499 and $599. But I agree with OP if there are no other changes except 4G.
    It seems they are making the processor 1.5ghz also, but with just 4g and slightly faster processor, it doesn't seem like anyone would pay $399 for a 7" Blackberry tablet. People can get top of the line 10" Android tablets with better specs at that price, like this new Galaxy tab
    05-10-12 07:24 PM
    I don't think it's fair to compare the nook or even the fire to the playbook. The playbook smokes both of these in performance, not to mention neither have a single camera let alone two hd cameras.

To answer your question about how much I think the 4g should cost,Idk let's see what 2.1 is all about first then I could make a decision.
    05-10-12 09:06 PM
    I don't think it's fair to compare the nook or even the fire to the playbook. The playbook smokes both of these in performance, not to mention neither have a single camera let alone two hd cameras.

To answer your question about how much I think the 4g should cost,Idk let's see what 2.1 is all about first then I could make a decision.
    as long as they the ad campaigns are done correctly any two things can be compared, and any inferior product can win.

Ive even heard people say they like the form factor of the fire over the playbook (i wish i took a screen shot of that, it was at a 'mobile review' site but the post was by a reader and not the reviewer)... THEY ARE THE SAME! lol
    05-10-12 11:48 PM
    I envision that RIM will encourage a structure "bundle" pricing with phones version 10 and various accessories packages to Carriers. Carriers will be after the additional Data Plan tablet sales revenue so expect carriers to want to "bundle" also and incent upgrades with "bundles". Making the bundle not souble the orignal data plan price but a Addon price while initial supplies last as a Launch incentive....
    05-11-12 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD