After 4 months with Playbook/blackberry support, a replacement Playbook sent, and over a dozen different support and analysts, still unable to integrate emails. Emails hosted by Network solutions, and Internic.

Anyone else experiencing this issue!! I purchased the LTE to have integration without relying on BB. I have already a wifi only playbook.

Whats most frustrating is I have spent over 50 hours of followup, mulitiple re opening of incident numbers, and no solution to promise of a feature of the 4G LTE that does not deliver as advertised!!

And receiving the worst CUSTOMER SERVICE, there is no excuse of not returning back calls, emails as promised.

Yes, I am on the latest software update! VERSION 2.1.0.1088 on the LTE.

This issue has been escalated, and no resolve to date. Any one else out there in same position? and experienced this level of poor service. I have been very patient.
    12-28-12 02:20 PM
    Are you able to integrate other email accounts from other mail services? Network Solutions can be a PITA due to the inept support "engineers" on staff.
    12-28-12 02:24 PM
    Unable to integrate Internic.ca emails either...

No problem intergrating on BB's over a 10 years the very same accounts... But the playbook is on a different platform for integration. If it works no issue on BB, why not fix the problem on playbook!! More a RIM issue and lack of solution on their part. Very frustrating.
    12-28-12 02:30 PM
    Are you sure your carrier has provisioned your account for 4G/LTE properly? Just because you can surf doesn't mean it's setup correctly at the carrier end.
    Rogers took 6 hours with me on the phone to get the opposite situation fixed for me. My email would work but I couldn't get LTE for data.
    12-28-12 04:22 PM
    Everything works, LTE, WIFI, all works, I just cant get my email sync'd without using BB bridge, which defeats purpose of the LTE ( other than internet on the go)..

Issue is EMAIL integration, nothing to do with service provider...

Any suggestions from anyone ...greatly appreciated, ready to toss the PLAYBOOK, and get a IPAD mini...
    12-28-12 06:26 PM
    THIS nightmare continues, we are now at 18 different client service analysts etc... NO ONE can help at RIM!! WORST service I ever seen: NO FOLLOW UP ever , after promises of getting back to me!! DOES RIM CARE ABOUT their customers!!

Been a loyal Blackberry brand supporter for more than 10 years, since the days of the pagers!!! and this is how they treat one of their most loyal customers WOW!! GOOD LUCK with the BB10 and long term survival of RIM.

I have escalated my complaint to Mr. Ken Smith , VP customer support ( ksmith@rim.com). As well as theins@rim.com and Investor relations ( investor_relations@rim.com). I hope I can remain a RIM customer, hope " They can make it right" and retain a loyal customer AND shareholder! I URGE ANYONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCED SUCH NEGATIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE and issues with their playbooks! Hopefully RIM gets the grassroots feedback from us loyal customers, and they can turn around this sinking ship!!

I will keep everyone posted!

Good luck out there!
    01-01-13 02:53 PM
    What's so different about that email provider? Does it use IMAP? Could you temporarily use their POP3?
    01-01-13 04:10 PM
    01-01-13 04:25 PM
    Yes, we have. we went through all the Imap, POP settings. Contacted Network solutions. Contacted Internic.

It has never been an issue with the blackberry handhelds in integrating these.

Playbook is on a different platform, thus have issues of intergrating the emails. Its with RIM. I have escalated it as far as I can, lets see if they can come through. Either by correcting the problem, or admit AT THIS TIME, the 4g PLATBOOK doesnt deliver as promised ( what else is new from RIM lately).

Whats inexcusible is their poor customer service , and never getting back to us as they promise each time. UNACCEPTABLE!!
    01-01-13 05:34 PM
    UPDATE:

After escalating the issue to corporate office, I had both one of the senior analysts as well as a customer loyalty associate dealing with this issue, After a week with associates that new what they were doing, and took the time to test all avenue, and look at solutions, I am satisfied to say this evening we integrated all emails.

We found some interesting differences between the WIFI only playbook and the LTE playbook ( WIFI reception differences, etc...)
    Hoping the feedback on the poor customer service and inabilty of over a dozen associates in 4 months not solving it. All it took is look at each individual client needs, Instead of a standard testing.

Not everyone has gmail, hotmail, standard email providers, or Company email( entreprise...) My emails or set up with as my domain to my own small business and utilize INTERNIC and Network Solutions. It appears this should be targetted in improving clients who own small business ( it appears based on my experience and lack of a proper setting details werent familiar to all these associates) It took a senior analyst from RIM'S development team to solve it.
    I applaud corporate office to correct this promptly, and " make it right " for a loyal client of over a decade..Just wanting to share that SUCCESS was reached in end, and RIM came through for now ( cautious optimism )..

Hope they take the feedback from my case and improve overall customer satisfaction and better service going forward. A step in the Right Direction.

All the best!!
    01-10-13 11:37 PM
    Clearly, this was a very frustrating issue for you and your clients. I'm happy to hear that RIM stepped up for you.
    01-11-13 12:00 AM
    UPDATE:

After escalating the issue to corporate office, I had both one of the senior analysts as well as a customer loyalty associate dealing with this issue, After a week with associates that new what they were doing, and took the time to test all avenue, and look at solutions, I am satisfied to say this evening we integrated all emails.

We found some interesting differences between the WIFI only playbook and the LTE playbook ( WIFI reception differences, etc...)
    Hoping the feedback on the poor customer service and inabilty of over a dozen associates in 4 months not solving it. All it took is look at each individual client needs, Instead of a standard testing.

Not everyone has gmail, hotmail, standard email providers, or Company email( entreprise...) My emails or set up with as my domain to my own small business and utilize INTERNIC and Network Solutions. It appears this should be targetted in improving clients who own small business ( it appears based on my experience and lack of a proper setting details werent familiar to all these associates) It took a senior analyst from RIM'S development team to solve it.
    I applaud corporate office to correct this promptly, and " make it right " for a loyal client of over a decade..Just wanting to share that SUCCESS was reached in end, and RIM came through for now ( cautious optimism )..

Hope they take the feedback from my case and improve overall customer satisfaction and better service going forward. A step in the Right Direction.

All the best!!
    So exactly what was the problem and what was the solution --- you should share them with the community so that they can something similar in the future.
    01-11-13 12:21 AM
    Sorry but I would think RIM main focus is quite rightly on large corporate environments, reading between the lines it seems you had a very non standard set up.

That's not RIM's fault or job to support as there could be a million variations of non standard setups. As soon as someone takes the decision to deviate from the standard they drop out of reasonable support to be honest. For example in a previous role the company standard globally was for Internet Explorer. Now many would bleat about the rights and wrongs of this, some preferring Firefox, Safari, Opera, Netscape etc etc. However, a decision was taken to only support IE for corporate use. If this had not been taken a myriad of problems when trying to support corporate apps etc would have reared their heads. Same here as far as I can see, you have a non standard setup but choose to get frustrated at RIM for something that either your ISP, you or your IT department have set in place.

The vast majority of the world connects to corporate emails simply enough with their Playbooks so it really does point to the problem being a local issue.

No intention to insult or offend I just think RIM are getting a raw deal here.
    01-11-13 03:50 AM
    TOTALLY DISAGREE !, THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR BROKEN PROMISES of CUSTOMER SERVICE!, As a client and Shareholder I expect customer service and returned calls, or follow up.

My set up is standard. "XXX" company www.xxx.com: email yyy@xxx.com

as an example: when going to auto setup, does not sync. , because its not a mass market email: yy@hotmail.com , yy@gmail.com....

We are not a huge corporation with IT department... its a small business, but professional, and dont use xx@hotmail.com!!!

RIM is should have more emphasis on us the BUSINESS clients, and small business... and the different PORT's to set up , so can sync automatically, or VERY LEAST HAVE THEIR ASSOCIATES TRAINED ON PROVIDING THE APPROPRIATE DETAILS TO THEIR CLIENTS!!

IS 4.5 months of poor cistomer service an excuse!!? wow... if you tolerate that, your out to lunch!!

As a customer of blackberry since the pager days, ( the 65's or whatever they were), and the 6000 series BB, ...etc... I have only ever owned BB's, and as a RIM shareholder since it was a penny stock ( yes when they were 2 dollar range, and have day traded it over a decade!!)

This feedback is important, so they can look at better servicing their clients, and shareholder return!!

I DONT HAVE A NON STANDARD setup...

SIMPLE domain for my company, under NETWORK solutions and INTERNIC!! simply there are more than one port on both ends to integrate, please explore beyond the first and ones that are for gmail, hotmail accounts!!..
    NO NOT millions of variations as you say, 3 variations ONLY, and over a dozen associates couldnt figure out 2 of the 3, so please dont reply in general as you say without knowing the specifics!!!!

Remember, I went through 4.5 months of non integration on simple solution that all these associates couldnt figure out 2 of the 3 settings.

PLUS INCONSISTENCY between the 64gb playbook and 4g LTE playbook!!

IT integrated on the old 64gb playbook, why not the 4g LTE playbook!! Because as I found out, the 4g LTE playbook is on older software!! why roll out a new device on older platform or different!! LACK of CONSISTENCY... We rely on consistents models!! Very frustrating!!

RIM in end came through and hope they use this example to improve their services and seek out a solution, when its always there, but just a little digging, and could be resolved.

Still a loyal RIM supporter and shareholder through 3 decades!
    01-11-13 10:12 AM
    Glad to hear RIM eventually fixed your problem. I can understand the feeling of being ignored by a company whom you have purchased a product or service from. I'm sure all of us have. It happens a lot really. But, nonetheless, your problem was fixed. So, for those small business users that may be experiencing similar issues, please post as much as you know about resolving this issue so that others can find it here and not have to go through the same ordeal. Thanks.
    01-11-13 10:38 AM
    So exactly what was the problem and what was the solution --- you should share them with the community so that they can something similar in the future.
    Basically, our emails are through NETWORK SOLUTIONS and INTERNIC. They integrated with the wifi only playbooks, but not on the 4g lte playbooks.

--- IN WIFI mode, based on the primary port settings and server address to integrate, they didnt work
    --- AT times worked in LTE mode, but other times didnt

--- Able to receive emails, but NEVER send out emails

keep in mind, these issues only arised on the 4g lte playbook, NOT the older 64gb wifi only playbooks

Over 4 months no one was able to correct the problem. We even sent back the original purchased 4g lte playbook, and replacement given.

Issue persisted, at first a hardware issue was the reasoning, as on the wifi only playbook, vs the 4g lte playbook, side by side, in same environment, the wifi strength on the wifi only playbook WAS and still is consitently stronger by 1 or 2 bars!.

After senior analyst assigned, and customer loyalty associate, we went through various settings, what worked as a SMTP port on their end, didnt work on my end. Basically 3 SMTP ports to try. was matter of which of the 3 SMTP PORTS were ideal.

BY THE WAY ALL 3 SMTP PORTS worked on the wifi playbook, and in all 3 cases emails were able to be SENT.

on the NEW 4g LTE PLAYBOOK, only 1 of the 3 SMTP ports worked..

As well, on the NETWORK solution email ( POP EMAIL )- the other 2 are IMAP. on the other SMTP ports the emails, kept reloading and resync'ing everytime once full load, even beyond the settings at integration, ( THIS ISNT AN ISSUE WITH THE WIFI ONLY PLAYBOOKS). and of course constant reloading of 1000's of emails would stress our data plan when on mobile network on the road away from wifi!

As the wifi only playbook is on OS version 2.1.01314
    the 4g lte playbook is on OS version 2.1,0.1088
    PLUS there are other differences in the 2, that it appears that the 4g lte playbook based on my experience needs to be worked on.

What led to the frustration:

1. Lack of getting back to us, upon our calls to customer service, and no one getting back to us, after they promised they would
    2. All the initial customer service associates always looking at the issue in same way, and not looking at other PORT settings
    3. testing initially by associates they were using WIFI only models, which of course worked
    4. After 4.5 months of not integrating on 4g lte playbook, but yet worked fine on the WIFI only playbook, we of course question the inconsistency

FORTUNATELY, the senior analyst on case, after 1 week of testing and retesting, narrowed it down to 3 settings, or 3 ports, which worked 2 out of 3 for him in his environment, and 1 out of 3 for ours. WE achieved success.

As well, Customer loyalty associate, made sure that all was followed up, and ensured we were taken care of and made it right!!

We are cautiously optimistic, and cautious confidence restored. We are monitoring, if we are able to consistently send out emails from our 4g lte playbook without issues for the next week, same as we have been able with our wifi only playbook.

Hope this helps anyone else out there:

1. Both types of playbooks are different, and the 4g lte is older software.
    2. look into the SMTP ports, and may not always work, find the ideal setting for you
    3. if you have issues, make sure to find the optimum solution
    4. dont give up

All the best
    eddy_berry likes this.
    01-11-13 10:39 AM
    Okay, our business has same problem. We have our email and webpage hosted at Internic also. I have not gotten mail to work for almost 1 year on my Blackberry Playbook. Wifi version. I do not use my Playbook anymore as it just sits here and collects dust. What can I do to get email setup?
    05-17-13 02:33 AM
    Okay, our business has same problem. We have our email and webpage hosted at Internic also. I have not gotten mail to work for almost 1 year on my Blackberry Playbook. Wifi version. I do not use my Playbook anymore as it just sits here and collects dust. What can I do to get email setup?
    Call BBRY and maybe they can help you unless they have totally washed their hands of the playbook.
    05-17-13 06:36 AM