These two charts were supposed to be a joke, right?
    08-20-12 11:23 PM
    You must have missed the previous postings.
    08-20-12 11:33 PM
    Yeah it's the RIM fact sheet so to say that they seem to be giving their employees to market the PB..
    And everything in there is true.. They might be leaving out a couple of points here and there ( ).. But what is given there still remains true..

As a matter of fact if a company did not put up such aggressive tactics to sell its products then I would be worried..
    08-21-12 08:57 AM
    Yeah it's the RIM fact sheet so to say that they seem to be giving their employees to market the PB..
    And everything in there is true.. They might be leaving out a couple of points here and there ( ).. But what is given there still remains true..

As a matter of fact if a company did not put up sucIh aggressive tactics to sell its products then I would be worried..
    I don't think it is from rim.
    08-21-12 09:05 PM
    You're joking right?
    08-21-12 09:27 PM
    They should just say it's magical... Just kidding, who'd believe marketing drivel like that

08-21-12 09:35 PM
    Well considering they're naming a crapload of proprietary features of course the Playbook would get the most check marks.... Its like... "Made by RIM" checkmark, "Runs Blackberry Bridge" checkmark, "Connects to Blackberry App World" Checkmark......
    Last edited by 991514982a; 08-21-12 at 10:03 PM.
    08-21-12 09:58 PM
    You're right. Its from apple.
    08-21-12 10:06 PM
    Can somone with an iPad explain why it says no to attaching a document to an email?
    312 likes this.
    08-21-12 10:08 PM
    Can somone with an iPad explain why it says no to attaching a document to an email?
    They are saving that for a feature upgrade for the iphone 5.57s for when siri is no longer hip and they need something to keep the same ol same ol os exciting

Oops I see now that said ipad, too tired. Kinda ruins the joke now lol.

Just having some fun, not really sure but thought I saw in a different post that feature isn't there yet.
    Last edited by axeman1000; 08-21-12 at 10:16 PM.
    08-21-12 10:14 PM
    It has been around the news for sometime.. Check here: or n4bb:
    http://www.blackberrycool.com/2012/0...s-kindle-fire/

Well considering they're naming a crapload of proprietary features of course the Playbook would get the most check marks.... Its like... "Made by RIM" checkmark, "Runs Blackberry Bridge" checkmark, "Connects to Blackberry App World" Checkmark......
    Doesn't everyone do that?
    New ipad:
    1. Retina display : check
    2. isight : Cehck
    3. iLife and iWork : check
    so on so forth..
    08-21-12 10:30 PM
    It has been around the news for sometime.. Check here: or n4bb:
    http://www.blackberrycool.com/2012/0...s-kindle-fire/

Doesn't everyone do that?
    New ipad:
    1. Retina display : check
    2. isight : Cehck
    3. iLife and iWork : check
    so on so forth..
    2 out of 3 of those things are actual strong features of the platform that the others do not have.

Ability to attach files to email is not, and all the other platforms can do it as well. RIM is referring to the stock email app I have to assume.
    08-21-12 10:34 PM
    i wondered that too because i know i can do it on android and pretty sure iOS can do this too. So the chart does have some errors
    08-21-12 10:35 PM
    i wondered that too because i know i can do it on android and pretty sure iOS can do this too. So the chart does have some errors
    No I have read complaints about that from iPad users. Using a non-jailbroken, native iPad/iPhone you can't descide oh I want to attach a picture to this email" & do it
    08-22-12 01:06 AM
    i know you can do it but i think you have to attach the file from the native program. Like you send a photo from within the photo app, a document from the office app etc.
    08-22-12 01:19 AM
    You can attach photos but it's one per message and that's it (photos app > share > message). As far as i know the only other workaround is to email it to a pc, attach all the files you want, then forward it from the iphone... So much for efficiency

Documents can be sent in the same way but not natively, you'll need an app for that which I believe is $10 for apples own "Pages" or there may be some cheaper options out there, best alternative is probably Google docs I suppose.

As for the picture its standard marketing blurb, trick is to purposely point out features you know other devices don't have to make yours look awesome, even if it is trivial... Surprised to see bezel gestures aren't mentioned to be honest
    Last edited by Donnee; 08-22-12 at 01:52 AM.
    08-22-12 01:48 AM
    Photo's can be attached to e-mails by copying & pasting or by selecting the photos you want from the photo viewer. You can attach up to 5 photos per e-mail via the share button and more if you copy and paste. I don't know what the limit is but I just tried 10 via copy and paste and it works fine. Probably more limited by the e-mail provider attachment limit.

Documents and be viewed through the e-mail app and forwarded from there. Also, documents can be saved directly to iBooks from the mail app and re e-mailed from iBooks if someone wishes. It is pretty nice to save documents to iBooks for easy viewing rather then find that e-mail that has the attachment. Same principle with audio, video, and pictures. Media is saved to the photo app of course. Media can be edited and resent via any number of other apps including iMovie, Photoshop express, etc... There are a plethora of both free and paid for apps that can save, edit, and attach files.

I agree that it is standard to market products this way but one should at least know what they are talking about before making claims.
    Last edited by lavrishevo; 08-22-12 at 02:49 AM.
    08-22-12 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD