Hi folks,

I have a brand new playbook LTE/4G running 2.0.1.668 in which I put in a Virgin Mobile MicroSIM card. It recognizes and connects via 4G to ViRGIN network but I am not able to get on the internet. It doesn't have any internet connectivity.

When I put the same SIM in my Galaxy Note, the internet works perfectly. I've spoken to RIM tech support who say its a carrier issue and the carrier (VIRGIN) doesn't know what to say other than it works.

Can someone please help?
    09-06-12 07:06 PM
    When you bought the 4G PB they (carrier) should have giving you a Sim card.
    09-06-12 07:22 PM
    I ran into this exact issue with Rogers.
    It turned out that the PB LTE is so new that the 'techs' didn't properly attach the right plans on my account. It took 3 hours of phone support to get it solved. It looked right on their system but after digging into accounting they found the plan not properly 'tweaked'. Reset my data package and voila, data connection all good.
    09-07-12 12:09 AM
    I ran into this exact issue with Rogers.
    It turned out that the PB LTE is so new that the 'techs' didn't properly attach the right plans on my account. It took 3 hours of phone support to get it solved. It looked right on their system but after digging into accounting they found the plan not properly 'tweaked'. Reset my data package and voila, data connection all good.
    Don't you know what specifically they did? Mine is coming next week and I really don't want a 3 hour call.
    09-07-12 01:06 AM
    Hi folks,

I have a brand new playbook LTE/4G running 2.0.1.668 in which I put in a Virgin Mobile MicroSIM card. It recognizes and connects via 4G to ViRGIN network but I am not able to get on the internet. It doesn't have any internet connectivity.

When I put the same SIM in my Galaxy Note, the internet works perfectly. I've spoken to RIM tech support who say its a carrier issue and the carrier (VIRGIN) doesn't know what to say other than it works.

Can someone please help?
    You have to unlock then you use good Contact to me
    09-07-12 02:54 AM
    It was that LTE was not properly assigned to my account on the billing end. The base line service reps 'saw' the LTE but until they looked at my data plan deeper, they couldn't figure it out.
    09-07-12 09:22 AM
    Okay, so I figured it out. In Canada the only providers for LTE/4G Data connectivity for the Blackberry Playbook LTE/4G are:

- Rogers
    - Telus
    - Bell

Even though VIRGIN mobile offers data plans for tablet, its only Android and iPhone/iPads. They don't support Playbook. I was on hold with VIRGIN for a few hours yesterday and finally after escalating the call, they told me that the Playbook needs special provisioning that VIRGIN currently does NOT support.

So, I went to the local BestBuy and ended up getting a ROGERS microSIM with a Flex data plan ($37 for 5GB). During the account setup, they inputted my Playbook's IMEI number and were able to recognize that it was a Playbook. After putting in the microSIM and rebooting, my data started working!! Phew.

I love VIRGIN and they have much cheaper data plans than the big 3. Too bad they are not supporting the Playbook

Hope that helps someone.
    09-07-12 12:13 PM
    Okay, so I figured it out. In Canada the only providers for LTE/4G Data connectivity for the Blackberry Playbook LTE/4G are:

- Rogers
    - Telus
    - Bell

Even though VIRGIN mobile offers data plans for tablet, its only Android and iPhone/iPads. They don't support Playbook. I was on hold with VIRGIN for a few hours yesterday and finally after escalating the call, they told me that the Playbook needs special provisioning that VIRGIN currently does NOT support.

So, I went to the local BestBuy and ended up getting a ROGERS microSIM with a Flex data plan ($37 for 5GB). During the account setup, they inputted my Playbook's IMEI number and were able to recognize that it was a Playbook. After putting in the microSIM and rebooting, my data started working!! Phew.

I love VIRGIN and they have much cheaper data plans than the big 3. Too bad they are not supporting the Playbook

Hope that helps someone.
    Give me your IMEI of playbook ? I can solve for you
    09-07-12 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD