I have upgraded my Internet connection (at home) to 4G LTE... connect my PlayBook - and was surprised!...

You will be amazed how fast the PlayBook is even using the native browser with flash enabled... this thing can still rocking browse when connected to such speedy wireless communication high-speed data!!! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 07:31 PM
    You've got me confused, since 4G is a cellular standard and not a wifi standard. From what I know, you can't upgrade your home Playbook connection to 4G LTE, though your cell provider can upgrade your local cell service to 4G. Also, flash is not what generally slows down the Playbook's browser performance- it's javascript.
    03-02-14 08:57 PM
    Maybe the provider also upped his internet speed as part of the cell phone package.
    03-02-14 09:23 PM
    It is actually an LTE CPE device and it has SIM card to connect it to 4G LTE... and my PlayBook is connected to that device (through wifi)... it is really fast even with flash and/or java scripts on... the first time I experienced it that fast since I bought it...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 10:07 AM
    I have upgraded my Internet connection (at home) to 4G LTE... connect my PlayBook - and was surprised!...

You will be amazed how fast the PlayBook is even using the native browser with flash enabled... this thing can still rocking browse when connected to such speedy wireless communication high-speed data!!! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    I don't believe it. My pb connects to my home wifi just fine. My computers tune 25mbps and my pb runs at 17mbps. My laptop, other tablet and phone all work fine. The pb is a slug and a faster connection isn't going to help that.
    03-03-14 10:44 AM
    Joshua didn't give any numbers. Perhaps it is just much better than it was.
    03-03-14 10:53 AM
    Joshua didn't give any numbers. Perhaps it is just much better than it was.
    That could be. Just going from dialup to anything would make it seem like a massive upgrade.

My pb is the slowest device I have and it's been retired. I just didn't want anyone else thinking, if I get faster internet that will make my pb much faster. It may in some cases, such as the op, but in others it might make zero difference.
    03-03-14 11:06 AM
    I'm trying to get numbers but they give different results everytime - even with the same speed test site..

Anyway, I have 3G connection before (WinMax) and my Internet service provider offers an upgrade to 4G LTE... to cut the story short, it has improved the browsing experience on my PlayBook... maybe because it was connected to higher speed data wireless communication as others suggested... and YES, compare with my laptop (Lenovo Y410p), Z10 and other devices (Android and Apple), my PlayBook still left behind... but compare it with its own previous performances, it has improved drastically... you can really see the difference when browsing sites with heavy flash and java scripts' requirements and watching YouTube (HD format) and other movies streaming sites...

This is probably the maximum speed that this tablet can get... and an LTE PlayBook would probably run faster because of its faster CPU...

Just only sharing my personal experience...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by joshua_sx1; 03-03-14 at 07:31 PM.
    03-03-14 07:19 PM
    My broadband is 20MB at home and PlayBook still gets sluggish, browser status bar just stops 1/4 the way along and hangs for 10-20 seconds before continuing to do loading, it does it frequently via bridge but on home broadband 10 times faster it just should not.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-05-14 06:21 PM
    Im sure its more its more related to the LTE processor than your 4G connection. The LTE Playbook processor run at 1.5ghz while the Wifi version run at 1GHz. I have both and there is a noticeable difference in load times for the browser and other apps.
    03-08-14 12:33 AM
    Im sure its more its more related to the LTE processor than your 4G connection. The LTE Playbook processor run at 1.5ghz while the Wifi version run at 1GHz. I have both and there is a noticeable difference in load times for the browser and other apps.
    Lucky you. Tried to snap up an LTE one for months on eBay because of the faster CPU. Gave up. Now I will just settle with the 64GB one I have.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-09-14 05:33 PM