Hey there, I'm a German Blackberry customer and I look forward to buy a new tablet. I'd prefer a Blackberry product so the playbook would be my first choice. The problem is, that I'm already used to 4G/LTE internet and I don't want to miss it. The only playbook available in Germany is the 3G playbook so I considered to import a Blackberry Playbook 4G. My fear is the following: Will the OS also run in German language and will it accept a sim-card of a German internet provider when the product details say "factory unlocked"?

I hope somebody is able to advise me
    08-26-13 06:29 PM
    Hey there, I'm a German Blackberry customer and I look forward to buy a new tablet. I'd prefer a Blackberry product so the playbook would be my first choice. The problem is, that I'm already used to 4G/LTE internet and I don't want to miss it. The only playbook available in Germany is the 3G playbook so I considered to import a Blackberry Playbook 4G. My fear is the following: Will the OS also run in German language and will it accept a sim-card of a German internet provider when the product details say "factory unlocked"?

If it were me I would wait and buy the Z30. Slighty smaller but a BB 10 OS.
    08-26-13 06:45 PM

First, welcome to the forum. There probably will NOT be any new Playbooks at all. BB has pretty much abandoned the Tablet market and has given up on the Playbook. You can find new models online in some places. All models were capable of being used in other countries although the LTE and 3G models might be limited by carrier originations.
    08-26-13 06:52 PM

Hi, I am German, too. DO NOT BUY A PLAYBOOK NOW, if you do not already own one!
    I bought one from "Mediamarkt" last spring, when it was 160 EUR (16GB) and had a good bridge to my Bold 9900.
    The OS of playbook is not compatible with BB10 and the hardware can't be upgraded, so you'll be decieved!
    Try to get Z10 or Q10 to do everything you can imagine, from sms/mails/what'sApp, video, pictures, websurfing. The screens are not so big, but sufficient. E-Books? Get a real Kindle (or similar from Thalia)... Tablet, either you wait for the 5" BlackBerry Z30 (A-Series) or you buy an android tablet to cover your needs... My father (who wanted to skype with me) bought a Trackstore 10" for 130 EUR from Mediamarkt and was satisfied)... so if BlackBerry: Q or Z, but no Tablet!

Sincerely, cheers.

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    08-26-13 07:00 PM
    save your money.

kauf dir ein aktuelles android tablet und dazu einen mobilen lte hotspot.

mir reicht unterwegs ein 3g hotspot, gibt es ab ca 50euronen
    08-26-13 11:25 PM
    Can't you call bb in Germany? My Q10 bridges with all my playbooks but is very limited compared to legacy devices (os 7 and below)
    08-27-13 12:31 AM
    Okay, thanks for all the replies. I got already a Q10 and I'm very satisfied with it but as I see I have to rethink my plans of buying a neat tablet.
    08-27-13 03:00 AM
    save your money.

kauf dir ein aktuelles android tablet und dazu einen mobilen lte hotspot.

mir reicht unterwegs ein 3g hotspot, gibt es ab ca 50euronen
    You can set up your Q10 as Hotspot, so you do not need a 3G/LTE Tablet, only a WiFi-Tablet

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    08-27-13 06:13 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...g-plan-838850/

playbook 64gb bei gamingoase fuer 129 euronen
    http://www.gamingoase.de/index.php?p...oduct&info=742

i like my playbook

the playbook have sometimes a wifi problem wiht the german fritz box router
    Last edited by blucie; 08-28-13 at 03:32 AM.
    08-28-13 12:46 AM