I've given up trying to get one for Monday and just ordered from The Source over the phone.
    09-15-12 04:42 PM
    I was thinking of picking one up just to play videos, but the thing still doesn't play AC3 audio tracks. It's sad that I can't justify buying one at these cheap prices because the PB doesn't do any one thing extremely well.
    How then will I ever sleep well tonight?

Don't buy one. Who cares?

This thread is about those who want to get a good deal when they do buy one!
    Cracklen, pickles#WP and DC506 like this.
    09-15-12 08:53 PM
    Order a 32gb from Staples for my daughter picked it up yesterday and it has a big BULGE on the back called Staples to have it replaced they said over 80% of them have this issue they wont replaced it will get my refund if I want to return it. Is there any truth to this??
    09-16-12 05:36 PM
    Order a 32gb from Staples for my daughter picked it up yesterday and it has a big BULGE on the back called Staples to have it replaced they said over 80% of them have this issue they wont replaced it will get my refund if I want to return it. Is there any truth to this??
    Its true, its normal, and its not that big. Is this your first PB?
    09-16-12 05:48 PM
    I have 3 @ 16GB, 4 @ 32GB and 6 @ 64GB that I bought for my family and extended family.

Not one of them has "a big BULGE" on the back. The RIM logo sticks out a wee bit but no "big BULGE".

Lucky I guess.
    09-16-12 06:03 PM
    I have a 64gb its good, the 32gb is wobbly when sit it on flat surface.
    09-16-12 06:07 PM
    Have a 16 and a 32. No bulges. Got the 32 on Friday in Hamilton at the Staples on Barton. They had lots in stock.
    09-16-12 06:13 PM
    I have a 64gb its good, the 32gb is wobbly when sit it on flat surface.
    Those wobbly big BULGES will get ya every time. LoL

Take it back and replace it.
    09-16-12 06:38 PM
    I went to Port Coquitlam Walmart and was told they never had any in stock for the sale. People buy them a week before they come out at reg price and go back and get price protection.
    I was told by the sales clerk to go to customer service and get a rain-check. The lady at customer service has a pre designated amount of rain-checks to give out. A lady in front of me asked for two under different names so I also asked for two ... after a small amount of civil dialog I also got two one for my sister . For $118 how can you beat that!
    09-16-12 07:35 PM
    Try futureshop, they had lots and sears was clearing out all their accessories for the playbook for less than half price. I picked up the charging stand for $ 29.00.
    Massiso likes this.
    09-16-12 07:43 PM
    Saw the 32 GB on sale at $118 at Staples in Gatineau (Hull location). As far as I know, they were in stock. FYI, the 64 GB was $219. Sale is on until Sept. 18th.
    09-16-12 08:23 PM
    I was thinking of picking one up just to play videos, but the thing still doesn't play AC3 audio tracks. It's sad that I can't justify buying one at these cheap prices because the PB doesn't do any one thing extremely well.
    Seriously?......who cares about AC3?....it plays almost every other file format including aac and mp3 audio. AAC audio is extremely popular. The fact that it plays .mkv, avi, and mp4 files makes the playbook awesome IMHO. No dock needed either to connect to your television, just one cable. The playbook does many things very well! Do some homework! Best Value on the market!
    09-16-12 08:48 PM
    I bought a 32GB for $148 at Walmart 7 days ago and just went back and they refunded $35 back to me. They said if they had been sold out they would not have done the refund,there were 3 still sitting on the shelf......
    09-17-12 03:08 PM
    Seriously?......who cares about AC3?....
    ...maybe someone who has spent the last 5 years converting all of their DVD's to something with AC3 (the standard source audio format on DVD), and doesn't want to reconvert them yet again???

Cheers
    The REAL Joe
    litig8or98 likes this.
    09-17-12 03:37 PM
    Hi All,
    I love my Playbook. Does anyone know why they're dropping so low in price? Seems like a liquidation of something that's still applicable. We were at FutureShop here in Belleville Ontario, and the salesman said that FutureShop Canada has 16000 of them on back order. That tells me that they're not discontinued, being replaced, or anything. It's kinda crazy though, that they're disappearing the way they are, at such low prices.

Just curious as to who knows what...

Cheers
    09-17-12 05:54 PM
    I just brought a 32GB for $152 new @ amazon.giving my mom my 16
    09-17-12 06:38 PM
    I bought a 32GB for $148 at Walmart 7 days ago and just went back and they refunded $35 back to me. They said if they had been sold out they would not have done the refund,there were 3 still sitting on the shelf......
    You have 14 days price guarantee at Wally World whether they have stock or not.

I just went to customer service, gave them my receipts and opened the flyer. They returned my purchase, credited my CC and re-purchased at the lower price on my CC.

That bought me another 2 weeks of price protection.
    09-17-12 07:48 PM
    The Source has the 64gb for $199
    09-17-12 10:00 PM
    I just bought a 32gb playbook that was open box, can anyone tell me if it comes with a micro-usb cable for transfering data? The cable I got has a sticker on it that says "for charging only", can't sync data with it. So am i supposed to go buy a standard micro-usb cable if i want to transfer data from PC?
    Last edited by cataplexy; 09-17-12 at 10:43 PM.
    09-17-12 10:40 PM
    Yes, there is supposed to be a cable to connect to your desktop /laptop as well as a cleaning cloth and a neoprene case. Seems like something was taken from your open box.
    09-17-12 11:22 PM
    The Source has the 32 gb Playbook bundled with the Blackberry Playbook bluetooth keyboard for $249. I am so new to this, just started with my first BB phone (curve 9360) a few months ago.

Will that phone tether to this playbook?

I need to replace a small netbook that died on me a few months ago. I used for everyday browsing, email etc. and storage of my iTunes library. I am thinking maybe this playbook with the keyboard might be a better alternative for the price. Thoughts? I don't suppose it will support iTunes but if it would work much like a netbook if it had the keyboard, I think it might just work for our needs.
    09-17-12 11:53 PM
    The Source has the 32 gb Playbook bundled with the Blackberry Playbook bluetooth keyboard for $249. I am so new to this, just started with my first BB phone (curve 9360) a few months ago.

Will that phone tether to this playbook?

I need to replace a small netbook that died on me a few months ago. I used for everyday browsing, email etc. and storage of my iTunes library. I am thinking maybe this playbook with the keyboard might be a better alternative for the price. Thoughts? I don't suppose it will support iTunes but if it would work much like a netbook if it had the keyboard, I think it might just work for our needs.
    it will tether.Download blackberry bridge either from appworld or bridge sticky at the top of this pb forum.make sure you get a tethering plan from ur carrier also.
    09-18-12 01:59 AM
    Cheirbear,you can also use your mobile hotspot if your bb has it,but if it does just get bb bridge and hotspot plan.
    09-18-12 02:01 AM
    it will tether.Download blackberry bridge either from appworld or bridge sticky at the top of this pb forum.make sure you get a tethering plan from ur carrier also.
    Correct me, but you don't have to have a tether plan if you use Bridge to access Browser, BBM, Messages, Calendar, MemoPad and Tasks.... the Browser access can get you to a whole wide world :-)
    09-18-12 02:26 AM
    My BB is on a Rogers plan, the 6GB one. I don't know if that covers tethering or if I'd have to add to the plan to use the playbook on it. It would be a bonus if I could use it with the phone, but not necessary enough to pay extra on my monthly plan.

We also have an iPad but there are times like now when I am typing and want a real keyboard, currently typing on the oldest laptop in the universe and I expect it to blow up any day. If the playbook with keyboard will work well, I will skip getting a new netbook and order that.
    09-18-12 08:37 AM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD