My local Walmart says in stock on the website, but I went in at 7:30 this morning and they were sold out. My friend's wife went to another store at 7am. There were three guys in front of her and they bought out the 7 units the store had.

I'm wondering if staff at my store is holding some to buy themselves since the website thinks that store has some, where as other stores indicate either "most likely in stock, not likely in stock, or out of stock".
    Yup... i checked two walmarts in my just after opening this morning. Both were "sold out". I checked the website and it said both had inventory in stock. I have a feeling they're just being held by staff :/

Hopefully there is inventory in the GTA somewhere... looking to get one for my daughter.
    09-14-12 09:51 AM
    The source online has the 64 for $199
    Website says they have inventory web purchase only
    09-14-12 10:09 AM
    The source online has the 64 for $199
    Website says they have inventory web purchase only
    They have stock in store too... but according to the website the prices are:
    16- $129.99
    32- $149.99
    64- $199.99

Walmart's $118 is looking good.
    09-14-12 10:23 AM
    got 3 32gb on line at The source then call and ask and got the Walmart's $118 price
    09-14-12 11:06 AM
    The 32 gb for $118.00 IS available at The Source.
    As I mentioned in a previous post, if you place your online order with The Source over the telephone, they will price match.

Shop By Phone

All you need to do is provide the operator with the sale price at WM/Staples. If you pick up your order at your local store, there is no shipping charge.

It took me all of 10 minutes to get my PlayBooks, and I didn't need to waste any time, money, gas or energy going from store to store looking for stock.

Happy Shopping Everyone!!!!
    bitek and Bumble2000 like this.
    09-14-12 11:41 AM
    I'm just at Staples on University & Dundas, not only have they pricematched Walmart's sale, they are OOS but offer to do a preorder.

I paid for it, and in <two weeks time with the next shipment I'll pick it up. Much easier than running around, normally I have gone to futureshop or bestbuy to PM other sales when online sells out.

So give that a shot. I bought a 32GB sku btw. Goodluck
    09-14-12 01:55 PM
    I tried to get a Source store to do a price match but they refused. Trying to get one for Monday so online is less enticing. If I can't find something soon though I'll just have to wait.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-14-12 03:05 PM
    Just picked up a 32GB at the Walmart in Waterloo, Ont. Apparently there were sold out as soon as the doors opened this morning but they did get another shipment in and had some in stock as of 1:30pm.
    09-14-12 03:23 PM
    Went to Walmart at lunchtime this afternoon to buy myself some weekend PS3 entertainment. Sale flyer on the counter with SOLD OUT written across the Playbook on the page.

I know they only had a few, still makes me strangely happy to know someone rushed out and bought them all up this morning.
    09-14-12 04:47 PM
    If anyone in the Peterborough area is looking for some the Staples on Chemong has stock as of 6:00pm. I just purchased a few and there's at least 10 in stock.
    09-14-12 05:27 PM
    I tried to get a Source store to do a price match but they refused. Trying to get one for Monday so online is less enticing. If I can't find something soon though I'll just have to wait.

I had the same experience with my local store. Called the source order by phone and they price matched immediately and are shipping to this store for free so I can call the salesperson a jackass when I show up to pick it up. Plus they still need to sell the one they had in stock.
    cogsinister likes this.
    09-14-12 05:52 PM
    Guys, don't fret about The Source staff. The guys are doing their job. They also know the price will eventually go down for them as well.

So I bought a couple of 32s for $149.99 online, then waited for Walmart's sale, called The Source online sales and got it price matched for $118 each. The person who took the call told me they've been doing that all day. I also got a 16GB for $99. 3 PlayBooks for about $350. Simply insane.
    09-14-12 07:37 PM
    The sad thing about this sale are all the Playbooks that are popping up on Craigslist. I've seen a bunch of BNIB Playbooks that were not there before this sale. What's even worse ? These scumbags are asking $50 more than the sale price.

Makes me sick.
    09-14-12 07:44 PM
    Just went back to WM. Guy says no more shipments. Asked why their site shows stock and he says its returned product which they won't sell. Manager confirmed all returned electronics gets sent back to vendor?!?!
    Also they had a dude with a sign pan-handling inside the store LOL

09-14-12 09:46 PM
    Visions in Western Canada have stock coming in. I picked up the last 2 in Winnipeg at the St James location on Friday Sept 14. They have 75 more coming in, at the Pembina Highway location they have 60 coming in.

Visions online at visions.ca also list them as pre-order and delivery by Oct.12, with free shipping.

I have two more on order and will most likely sell them to family members, well maybe one I will sell on-line and yes make a small profit.....
    09-15-12 01:17 AM
    I bought mine for 148 5 days ago and then went to walmart today for 35 refund! Life is good.

09-15-12 02:08 AM
    Just picked up a 32GB at the Walmart in Waterloo, Ont. Apparently there were sold out as soon as the doors opened this morning but they did get another shipment in and had some in stock as of 1:30pm.
    Did they have a lot coming in? I might try there and maybe the Sunrise centre wal-mart or see if sunrise future shop will price match
    09-15-12 03:56 AM
    Just went back to WM. Guy says no more shipments. Asked why their site shows stock and he says its returned product which they won't sell. Manager confirmed all returned electronics gets sent back to vendor?!?!
    Also they had a dude with a sign pan-handling inside the store LOL

Thats where refurbished items can come from. They can't sell it as brand new it has been in someones house. I do find it suprising that the store doens't offer it as an open box item though. This is another common avenue.
    09-15-12 04:00 AM
    Staples had the 32 gig in their flyer for around $148.00, on line the price was $118.00. Went to local Staples in Niagara Falls, they new nothing about the on line price, but when the punched in the number off the add the price came up as $118.00. They had none in stock and said they were only bringing in pre-orders. For this price ($118)I ordered 2, on Thursday, received a call late Friday that they were in, just picked them up and am in the process of setting them up, keeping one for me, handing down my 16 gig to the wife and keeping the other for a present for my son.
    The guy at the counter said they brought in 12 on Friday 10 were pre-orders and 2 for stock and they are all ready gone.
    Can't believe I got 2, 32 gig PlayBooks for a touch more than what I paid for my 16 gig six months ago.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-15-12 10:04 AM
    Staples at Morningside & Sheppard (401) are taking pre-orders. $118 for 32 G until Tuesday Sep 18. Sales guy says all the shipment next week are for the pre-orders. No more 16G ($99) and cannot be ordered.
    09-15-12 12:00 PM
    The sad thing about this sale are all the Playbooks that are popping up on Craigslist. I've seen a bunch of BNIB Playbooks that were not there before this sale. What's even worse ? These scumbags are asking $50 more than the sale price.

Makes me sick.
    This happens all of the time with anything.

Remember the HP Touchpad?

What's wrong with doing the legwork of finding the product, buying it, listing it for sale somewhere and making a few bucks?
    JR A likes this.
    09-15-12 12:17 PM
    Staples at Morningside & Sheppard (401) are taking pre-orders. $118 for 32 G until Tuesday Sep 18. Sales guy says all the shipment next week are for the pre-orders. No more 16G ($99) and cannot be ordered.
    RIM claimed there were no more 16GB BlackBerry PlayBooks over six months ago yet they keep popping up during these retail sales promotions / discounts and people getting a BlackBerry PlayBook Support approved RMA has received 16GB tablets, with a few random exceptions when they replaced a bad unit with a higher storage capacity tablet, in exchange for their non-functional device. I wouldn't trust RIM until I see the actual master inventory report for the WiFi BlackBerry PlayBook (16GB, 32GB, and 64GB).
    09-15-12 01:27 PM
    RIM claimed there were no more 16GB BlackBerry PlayBooks over six months ago yet they keep popping up during these retail sales promotions / discounts and people getting a BlackBerry PlayBook Support approved RMA has received 16GB tablets, with a few random exceptions when they replaced a bad unit with a higher storage capacity tablet, in exchange for their non-functional device. I wouldn't trust RIM until I see the actual master inventory report for the WiFi BlackBerry PlayBook (16GB, 32GB, and 64GB).
    No, RIM merely said they would not be manufacturing any more 16G Playbooks. They obviously had quite a few still stockpiled!
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-15-12 01:53 PM
    No! Here is what RIM said 3 months ago!

RIM will no longer be making the 16 GB model of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. The 16 GB PlayBook will continue to be available for distributors and retailers while quantities last. We continue to remain committed to the tablet space and the 32 GB and 64 GB models of the BlackBerry PlayBook continue to be available from our distributors and retailers around the world.

There is more value for our customers in the higher capacity models (32 GB, 64 GB), and as such we have decided to focus our efforts here.
    09-15-12 02:10 PM
    I was thinking of picking one up just to play videos, but the thing still doesn't play AC3 audio tracks. It's sad that I can't justify buying one at these cheap prices because the PB doesn't do any one thing extremely well.
    09-15-12 02:11 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD