Just booted mine up last night to bridge it to my z30. I might start using it more just for the fact that I can use my mobile data on it to browse the Web. I always loved that featue..

Posted from my Z30
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    03-10-14 06:56 AM
    It's a solid Tablet, with limited but quality Apps. Great for doing business on. Great for gaming. There are good workarounds for missing stuff like Netflix etc and the bridge features are unique and still being developed. Enjoy!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    03-10-14 04:12 PM
    Still superior to most tablets out there unless you pay through the nose for a Surface Pro!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    Yeah, I don't think this is actually true...

As far as I can tell, the only remaining feature on the PlayBook which remains top order is its onboard speakers. The rest - no.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-12-14 06:34 AM
    ^^ agreed...
    03-12-14 10:52 AM
    What happened to the email accounts, contacts and calendar being 'Bridged' from the playbook to the phone??

Q10 on T-Mobile
    05-13-14 12:41 PM
    What happened to the email accounts, contacts and calendar being 'Bridged' from the playbook to the phone??

Q10 on T-Mobile
    That was only for legacy devices since legacy used their own proprietary email access. On BB10 you just add your accounts to each and use just like having your email on your phone and desktop.
    05-13-14 01:29 PM
    Stop with the Microsoft OS RT crap. The RT versions of Microsoft's products are crippled garbage.

BlackBerry had an opportunity to be a market leader in professional-use tablets with smartphone integration. Instead BlackBerry management fumbled when they tried to be a consumer device company leading to the tablet originally labelled as "the world's first professional-grade tablet" floundering in terms of features, applications, and marketing. BlackBerry Tablet OS remains superior to Google Android and Microsoft Windows for Tablets.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    Couldn't agree more!!!
    05-13-14 02:44 PM
    Ahh ok.. Thanks : )

Q10 on T-Mobile
    05-13-14 05:13 PM
    I spend a lot of time fixing tablets and I haven't come across anything that can compete with the Playbook for durability and performance. It's heavy and square compared to recent tablets but certainly better otherwise.

If BB made a new sleeker and lighter tablet running BB 10, I'd pick it up. Android and iOS are frustrating compared to BB. Jeepers those those Apple and Samsung screens break so easily. I haven't tried the Surface PRO II yet though.
    05-27-14 09:43 AM
    Good to hear your experience and view Kersus.

Q10 on T-Mobile
    05-27-14 11:52 PM
    my other tablet is a Lenovo Thinkpad 2 with Win 8.1

But I use my PB 64 daily, whenever I leave the house I have my PB with me, it small enough, bridged to me BB phone 9780
    So I am always connected
    doctor office, bus, airport, plane, checking my bus arrival, checking my mail, even access my MS office365 through the browser
    with that U have my entire database of 25,000 with me

at home for movies, YouTube hooked up the the big TV, US Open tennis, and last not least sitting on the john and reading the news
    05-28-14 10:27 PM
    use it at night while my current work toys(Asus Vivo Tab 8/T100) recharge
    although slower, it somehow feels way better in hand than my iPad mini for web surfing or non-itunes music streaming
    otherwise sits horizontally in its desktop charger as a desktop clock, slideshow picture frame or video player depending on my mood
    05-29-14 08:51 AM
    I just grabbed an iPad Mini w/Retina, because I need a very mobile Garage Band, and there's nothing that really fits what I need for the PlayBook. So the new iPad is decent, nice display, the browser flies, and of course every app you could ever ask for. With all that, when I was done setting up GB and doing my first bit of work on it, I went back to my trusty PlayBook for the night's browsing. There's the newness and other stuff that comes with the iPad, and sure it can do a lot more, but I just love how the PlayBook does things better. PB is still going to be my daily driver (for a tab, anyway) until it dies. I hope Chen comes to his senses before then and builds a new one.
    05-29-14 09:27 AM
    Good reply thank you

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 11:18 AM
    Just clean the crappy out, especially those Android apps that screw the tablet up even worse than when loaded on an Android tablet. Dig through the folders as after uninstalling those Android crappy there are remnants all over the place.

Keep another 12>% of the space free and download Origami browser. You will be surprised how much speed you pick up; like a new tablet. I did it and it now is my main machine for all but Netflix. Only thing that seems to have become an issue that originally was notified Crackle.
    05-29-14 02:07 PM
    my other tablet is a Lenovo Thinkpad 2 with Win 8.1

But I use my PB 64 daily, whenever I leave the house I have my PB with me, it small enough, bridged to me BB phone 9780
    So I am always connected
    doctor office, bus, airport, plane, checking my bus arrival, checking my mail, even access my MS office365 through the browser
    with that U have my entire database of 25,000 with me

at home for movies, YouTube hooked up the the big TV, US Open tennis, and last not least sitting on the john and reading the news
    My second PB 64 died over a year ago, so I got a Lenovo. Better warranty support in my neck of the woods and it runs full Office applications which is very useful. I now walk around with three phones - BB 9810, Q5 and a new Nokia 1520. The latter is nearly as big as the PB and has Office installed too, so with Onedrive and better app support I miss the PB not at all. It sits broken on the shelf, gathering dust. Once BBM and Whatsapp arrive for WP8.1 the 9810 goes on the shelf next to the PB. The Lenovo/Nokia combo is what the BB/PB combo should have been.
    05-29-14 07:20 PM
    oddly I am downsizing but not because I've had enough but because people want mine. father in law and a close friend would rather I set them up for them and it is an excuse to downsize or buy some more

the seller is the ease of use, build quality and the ballistics case as we all do things in detrimental enviroments.

just picked up a tegra note 7 for a song and a slight repair as the usb port is broken (very bad design and no spare parts to be had), closest thing I can find to a playbook speaker wise but flimsy built (can pull it apart with fingers and the screens are prone to pressure marks) albeit blisteringly fast, the apps run well but the OS is a chore to get around even if it is kitkat, only 16gb storage. and most importantly I cant find an armoured case for it.

it does however stick to the fridge with a case full of magnets and have some clever power saving features as it can turn cores off when not needed. as PC world do not seem interested in usb repairs they are turning up rather cheap on ebay but even new they are only a �100. not sure who makes it but it also the hp slate extreme 7 and at least three flavours of tegra note 7 that I have found with advent being the uk branding.

it is nice to have waze and skype working properly though whatsapp is still a problem.
    06-02-14 03:04 AM
    I'll probably clean it up and give to my son. I use mine ....maybe once a month.
    06-02-14 07:14 AM
    So I noticed that Bed-Buzz is no longer in the App World. Does anyone have a .bar they could send my way? Apparently I missed it when it existed.
    06-03-14 11:13 AM
    I just grabbed an iPad Mini w/Retina, because I need a very mobile Garage Band, and there's nothing that really fits what I need for the PlayBook. So the new iPad is decent, nice display, the browser flies, and of course every app you could ever ask for. With all that, when I was done setting up GB and doing my first bit of work on it, I went back to my trusty PlayBook for the night's browsing. There's the newness and other stuff that comes with the iPad, and sure it can do a lot more, but I just love how the PlayBook does things better. PB is still going to be my daily driver (for a tab, anyway) until it dies. I hope Chen comes to his senses before then and builds a new one.
    So you prefer the PlayBook browsing experience (using any browser) to that of the iPads......
    06-03-14 11:24 AM
    It sits broken on the shelf, gathering dust. Once BBM and Whatsapp arrive for WP8.1 the 9810 goes on the shelf next to the PB. The Lenovo/Nokia combo is what the BB/PB combo should have been.
    Funny that I'm rocking a similar combo in name, with a Lenovo Win8.1 tablet and a Nokia Symbian phone. Internet through Bluetooth DUN is faster and easier compared to the PB. It's funny that I get full Skydrive, Word/Excel/Powerpoint viewing and editing and OneNote syncing on both devices, even though the Nokia phone is on an ancient abandoned platform.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-03-14 04:41 PM
    Kalemsoft media player is fantastic. I use mine as a music player and Internet browser mostly.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 05:57 PM
    no tablet is better than the playbook yeah I said it!
    06-04-14 07:32 PM
    Guys, sorry for going off topic. I have a 9790 and a Z30, Can i download BlackBerry Bridge on both device and connect to the PlayBook which am going to buy, and get incoming calls and texts from both the devices on my PlayBook?
    Thank you

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    06-04-14 09:15 PM
    Guys, sorry for going off topic. I have a 9790 and a Z30, Can i download BlackBerry Bridge on both device and connect to the PlayBook which am going to buy, and get incoming calls and texts from both the devices on my PlayBook?
    Thank you

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    Yes you can but not at the same time. You don't know you don't get calls but only a notification that a call is coming in?
    06-05-14 07:52 AM
82 1234