Just the other day I used my PlayBook to list an item on eBay and even used the pictures I took with the PlayBook's camera. And yesterday I did my taxes and e-filed them using my PlayBook . And streamed a movie afterwards. This little thing still has a lot of use ahead of it.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 07:07 AM
    Mine will continue to collect dust in 2014!

A lot of dust!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 07:09 AM
    Still using my 16gb model daily...does what I need, for the most part. Battery seems to drain a little faster. Hope to get to the 3rd gen Nexus product before I have to replace. iPads are nice but I just can't see paying that much. The 7" form factor seems to work for me and I certainly like the portability. I like the Playbook 2.1 OS a lot, it will be a shame to see it die on the vine. I have zero confidence that BB will do a second tablet.
    02-20-14 10:30 AM
    I like my win8.1 8" tablet. I still get to swipe, 1" doesn't make the total package much larger but seems like a lot in screen real estate. I have software and apps that I can use.
    02-20-14 10:49 AM
    Today like every morning I was awakened by my Playbook. It said good morning, called me by name gave me the date time, temperature and forecasted weather outlook. All while it plays a soothing jazz piece to gently nudge me from my slumber.
    The app that does this is BedBuzz.

I will leave that one in its charging dock and use my second PB to browse and return whatever emails that came in since last night, re-check the families activities / my schedule for the day while I have my morning brew. Yes I sneak in a quick level of Dead Space because I just can't figure out how to make that crazy jump.

This morning I loaded two episodes of House Of Cards that I'll enjoy while waiting in the car for a client to show a property, because I can always count on them being late or getting lost enroute to their hopefully future new home.

Last Saturdays swim meet my child's heats were recorded, and pictures were taken with their friends.

It has been tucked under my arm while my boss marvels on about "how do you find the time to get so much done". So if your PB is collecting dust you either purchased the wrong tablet or you're using it all wrong.
    02-20-14 11:18 AM
    i'm guilty.. sold it on craigslist for $110... after the z30, didnt see myself using it AT ALL... instead of collecting dust, wanted to pass it along to the next enthusiast!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-20-14 11:23 AM
    So if your PB is collecting dust you either purchased the wrong tablet or you're using it all wrong.
    Or the thing has got so long in the tooth and slow you can't stand doing those things on it.
    02-20-14 11:51 AM
    I agree, it depends how you use this great tablet. We need some improvements, but the PlayBook used right can improve productivity.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    JJCC30Hwd likes this.
    02-20-14 02:36 PM
    Mine will continue to collect dust in 2014!

A lot of dust!

Posted via CB10
    I would take it off your hands for 50$, as long as you keep the dust.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 02:42 PM
    Absolutely agree, but got no hope to see it on the market one day. as you say, functions are perfect, pretty up to date, and, what a beautiful designed end ergonomic PlayBook was, is and WILL be!
    Best regards from Paris, France
    02-20-14 05:24 PM
    Still use it every day. Best for browsing, streaming movies with HDMI on my LED TV searching stuff on ebay and answering emails. My wife has a galaxy tab 10.1 and is nothing compared to my PB it is slow, word prediction is terrible, has a lot of APPS but my PB Bowser is better and I prefer using the Web page on it than using the galaxy tab APPS . There are better tablets on the market right now but none of them after the years my PB has given service will works as great as my old trusty PB works right now.

Posted on my flagship Z30 10.2.1.2141
    LuanNguyen69 likes this.
    02-20-14 06:40 PM
    Using mine now, as I always do in the evening. Answering emails or texts. Looking at Facebook and news sites. Keeping an eye on the weather due to tornado watches. And I use mine as my alarm clock, too.
    I love it and wouldn't give it up. I have to use a heavy laptop for work (no choice) and love this little thing.
    02-20-14 06:49 PM
    I agree. I also use it to read books I've purchased from Kobo, as the screen is great for reading. I bought the leather OEM cover that turns into a stand so I can read the book without keeping the PB on my lap (it is heavy after all).
    02-20-14 07:40 PM
    2014 will probably be the last good year for Playbooks. While I have no doubt some people will continue to use their Playbooks well into the future, the majority will start falling off the grid. The first Playbooks will be about 4 years old. Battery problems will start to be a bigger problem (check the forum for the number of people already starting to notice shortened life/dead batteries). New technologies will continue to enter the market that the Playbook will be unable to use. People will get bored with their Playbooks when there are no new apps to try out. Entropy is a ~!@#$.
    kbz1960 and Carl Estes like this.
    02-21-14 06:37 AM
    2014 will probably be the last good year for Playbooks. While I have no doubt some people will continue to use their Playbooks well into the future, the majority will start falling off the grid. The first Playbooks will be about 4 years old. Battery problems will start to be a bigger problem (check the forum for the number of people already starting to notice shortened life/dead batteries). New technologies will continue to enter the market that the Playbook will be unable to use. People will get bored with their Playbooks when there are no new apps to try out. Entropy is a ~!@#$.
    A situation that is not helped by some of the ridiculous pricing on the BBRY World for the playbook imho
    02-21-14 06:56 AM
    A situation that is not helped by some of the ridiculous pricing on the BBRY World for the playbook imho
    Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    02-21-14 08:42 AM
    Today like every morning I was awakened by my Playbook. It said good morning, called me by name gave me the date time, temperature and forecasted weather outlook. All while it plays a soothing jazz piece to gently nudge me from my slumber.
    The app that does this is BedBuzz.

Netflix on PB? No way.

I will leave that one in its charging dock and use my second PB to browse and return whatever emails that came in since last night, re-check the families activities / my schedule for the day while I have my morning brew. Yes I sneak in a quick level of Dead Space because I just can't figure out how to make that crazy jump.

This morning I loaded two episodes of House Of Cards that I'll enjoy while waiting in the car for a client to show a property, because I can always count on them being late or getting lost enroute to their hopefully future new home.

Last Saturdays swim meet my child's heats were recorded, and pictures were taken with their friends.

It has been tucked under my arm while my boss marvels on about "how do you find the time to get so much done". So if your PB is collecting dust you either purchased the wrong tablet or you're using it all wrong.
    02-21-14 08:57 AM
    Mine is serving it's purpose as a carputer controls my music Internet the whole shabam

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 09:00 AM
    Netflix on PB? No way
    02-21-14 09:22 AM
    Oh and did I mention when I stream movies via HDMI to our 32- inch I use my phone as a remote.

Posted via CB10
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    02-21-14 11:06 AM
    Still use my 32g Playbook. Compact, solid construction. Does what I need it to do. Used for both business and pleasure. Hummm...what if John Chen surprisingly decides to support the playbook and even upgrades the OS to a BB10 RT versions of sorts? How many of us would be willing to keep it?
    02-23-14 09:31 AM
    Did recently consider getting rid of my near 2-year-old 64GB PlayBook, as the only two things I use it for now are as a music streaming device to listen to music in the shower, and an alarm clock. Also occasionally use it to play video files through HDMI.

Thing is, a decent Bluetooth speaker and decent alarm clock cost more than I'd get in cash for my PlayBook, so there is little point in replacing it.

It has limited uses these days, but it still does those things well.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and rdm101 like this.
    02-23-14 09:41 AM
    Still use my 32g Playbook. Compact, solid construction. Does what I need it to do. Used for both business and pleasure. Hummm...what if John Chen surprisingly decides to support the playbook and even upgrades the OS to a BB10 RT versions of sorts? How many of us would be willing to keep it?
    I see that never happening but it would depend on if the browser is still a slug among other things working better.
    02-23-14 09:48 AM
    Never happen, but if it did I would start using it again.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:18 AM
    I still use mine often, either to read ebooks browse the web when I don't fancy having a computer on but want a bigger display than the Z10 or watch vids on YouTube. 64GB running OS 2.1. Kinda wish that it could load Android APKs over the air like the Z10 now can. Would love to have a way to avoid having to whip out a computer just to sideload an app and then find it doesn't work (Metro UK app being the latest example, apparently doesn't like the PlayBook's keyboard and crashes out) Still love it as much, if not more, than I did when I got it. I often switch between the official case with the Berry logo on the front to one that's got an integrated bluetooth keyboard.
    02-25-14 02:45 AM
82 123 ...