Are you talking about the PlayBook WiFi (released April 2011 and running at 1.0 GHZ); or PlayBook LTE (released August 2012 and running at 1.5 GHZ)?
    I rather think he may be talking about the much publicised "incompleteness" in the PB OS... browser bookmarks, checker-boarding, file/folder management, USB OTG, are a few that popped into my head after a few seconds thought.

I don't deny that OS2.1 is a huge improvement on OS1, but "finished"?, I don't believe so.
    uncle_numpty and FF22 like this.
    02-15-13 03:52 PM
    We bought this PB for my 6 year old daughter since it was a cheap alternative to the ipads her big sisters have. What a deal it's turned out to be! I spend just as much time on it as she does. I love this thing. This PB sold me on BB as a matter of fact. I'll be purchasing a z10 next week primarily because of my experience with the PlayBook. As well, I won't be buying any more ipads for this house, but I would buy a PB 2 for myself and the next daughter if it came out.
    dphjeff, eddy_berry and Enyigma like this.
    02-15-13 06:06 PM
    I bought my Granddaughter a LeapPad for Christmas but she would rather hijack my PlayBook. She likes listening to Slacker Radio and color or watch PBS on my PlayBook, than use her LeapPad. So I'm going to get her one too.
    02-15-13 07:10 PM
    My wife bought me a Playbook for Christmas and I haven't stopped using it. This is a fantastic piece of kit and at the moment a great price. I am totally converted to Blackberry.
    Next phone will definitely be a BB10 device. Just got to get my three kids to stop spending all my spare cash. Some hope.
    02-15-13 07:15 PM
    I rather think he may be talking about the much publicised "incompleteness" in the PB OS... browser bookmarks, checker-boarding, file/folder management, USB OTG, are a few that popped into my head after a few seconds thought.

I don't deny that OS2.1 is a huge improvement on OS1, but "finished"?, I don't believe so.
    Yup!

Finish the PlayBook with BB10 as part of their "commitments"... then BlackBerry can proceed with Play Book 2...

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    richardat likes this.
    02-15-13 10:31 PM
    Playbook - sounds like the little "Black Book of a certain Madame"
    BigAl_BB9900 and Enyigma like this.
    02-15-13 10:32 PM
    Hahaha
    Thanks for that
    02-15-13 10:37 PM
    I do miss some of the bridge function that i had with my 9800. Memo pad ect. Now t
    hat i have a Z10
    02-15-13 10:39 PM
    when is that "too little too late" line going to get "too old"
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    02-16-13 02:46 AM
    This is interesting. Didn't know Thor was saying this. I wonder if kevin and the guys can look into this. Would be cool to see
    02-16-13 02:53 AM
    Blackman91, what kind of app are you using for taking handwritten notes? I am missing a decent goodworking app for that. Otherwise I am very satisfied with the current playbook.
    Blackman91 likes this.
    02-16-13 04:20 AM
    I was one of the first people to grab a playbook when they were launched in the UK, I remember how blackberry were saying the OS was going to get upgraded shortly after , run andriods apps etc. that shortly after was about 6 months if i recall. I was pretty disappointed to be honest - both in the OS at the time and in blackberry in general (burnt with the storm as well). It is only recently that the OS on the playbook in my opinion that it has been decent. I still think the browser is too slow (i find browsing on wifi with my 9810 is often faster).
    I think that being us first adopters on playbook were the beta testers for blackberry 10, it is only fair that we get some type of paybook bb10 version relatively soon. Realistically this probably wont happen for a good 6 to 12 months. It would be nice if I am wrong though and it comes in the next month or so.
    02-16-13 06:51 AM
    Ah old news i posted about a neew PB weeks ago coming and everyone bashed me and so forth, well ya know what its true its coming this year i heard in the fall.
    I don't know whether to hope this is true or hope that it's not. I would love another PlayBook, as this one doesn't have enough RAM to launch docs to go for most of my work files, and unfortunately the Playbook is really the only option that will work for me at work (Microsoft doesn't make a. 7" form-factor, and Apple will not let me drag-and-drop files from my locked-down work computer.

On the down side, though if there is a new PlayBook coming in the fall you can bet that we won't see a BB10 update for the Playbook until at least that date. There is no way that BlackBerry will release the software update on2 year old hardware to prime the pump for bad reviews before the new hardware is available....
    02-16-13 07:11 AM
    If they bring BlackBerry 10 to the current PlayBook, it'll be a dumded-down version that the 1GB RAM can cope with. They'd probably just give us OS2 with The Hub and BB10 Apps. PlayBook 2 would have 2 or 3GB RAM, so it can cope with a more extensive version.
    02-16-13 08:15 AM
    I love my 64gb playbook, I use it all the time in school to take handwrited notes, view and edit my office docs and pdfs, record classes, take video and photos, read books and much more, the multitasking capabilities come real handy in that regard. I would love a new playbook from blackberry and I would buy it right away because the playbook is one of the most useful tablets I have used.
    I have a 64gb Playbook as well and I've removed all paper notebooks from my desk at work. I'm curious, what stylus and app do you use to take hand-written notes. I'm looking for one so I don't have to type as much.
    02-16-13 08:48 AM
    Play book is one of the most functional tablets out there. Everyone I know who has one loves it, myself included. I got it on day one. Just like my bold 9000 torch 9800 and Z10.
    I only know one person who left it for the ipad and it was only because of specific apps he needed for work. He still uses the play book for personal use though. So dead in the water? Only when compared to the ipad.
    nappp likes this.
    02-16-13 08:57 AM
    Blackman91, what kind of app are you using for taking handwritten notes? I am missing a decent goodworking app for that. Otherwise I am very satisfied with the current playbook.
    I use handrite. its a android port. basically translates handwritten notes into text
    02-16-13 10:38 AM
    I use FreeNote, you have to sideload it but it is really the best app to take handwrited notes, like I said with this app my playbook has replaced my notebooks.
    Here is the link to the bar: FreeNote_7.9.8.zip
    You have to unzip the file.
    02-16-13 11:29 AM

Agree. Hopefully BlackBerry 10 takes it the rest of the way. What is the USB thing?
    02-16-13 11:34 AM
    If they bring BlackBerry 10 to the current PlayBook, it'll be a dumded-down version that the 1GB RAM can cope with.
    And we have another person acting like they personally wrote the OS and personally set the minimum system requirements for BlackBerry 10 ...

In a few days, someone here will write "I heard BlackBerry 10 needs a minumum 2 GB to run" because of you speculating and passing it off as a fact.

How about we all wait and see ...
    nappp likes this.
    02-16-13 11:36 AM
    Agree. Hopefully BlackBerry 10 takes it the rest of the way. What is the USB thing?
    USB OTG (on the go) is the ability to plug a USB storage device into the playbook. Currently not supported but the os can handle it
    02-16-13 12:14 PM
    I use FreeNote, you have to sideload it but it is really the best app to take handwrited notes, like I said with this app my playbook has replaced my notebooks.
    Here is the link to the bar: FreeNote_7.9.8.zip
    You have to unzip the file.
    I am getting an error message. The ZIP contains a folder which contains two bar files. Something about invalid token?

I downloaded a copy from Goodereader.com (have not had a chance to play with it yet)
    Last edited by F2; 02-16-13 at 01:16 PM.
    02-16-13 12:32 PM
    USB OTG (on the go) is the ability to plug a USB storage device into the playbook. Currently not supported but the os can handle it
    That would be cool. As a person with a bunch of games, music and movies on mine, that would be really handy.
    nappp likes this.
    02-16-13 12:36 PM
    That would be cool. As a person with a bunch of games, music and movies on mine, that would be really handy.
    exactly. the ability to expand the storage capability besides using cloud services
    02-16-13 02:16 PM
    USB OTG?

Googling it will provide a better answer as my understanding mostly comes from these forums

... but AFAIK it allows the PB to act as the USB master depending on what it sees at the other end of the cable so's you can plug in memory sticks and other stuff. The word a few months back was that the hardware was already there due to the chipset known to be inside the PB and USB OTG could be enabled in the OS with a fairly simple (but apparently not trivial - as it needs drivers to be written) set of changes.

There were some reports that some people saw development builds with some USB OTG support for memory sticks, but you could imagine the PB connected to a printer say by the same mechanism.
    02-16-13 04:44 PM
55 123