Alright, let's keep this under a ton of salt ...
    But you may like reading ...
    "I want it to be different. I want it to be iconic," Chen said. "Bringing a tablet out for a tablet's sake, it's not the right thing to do."
    Chen didn't appear to be fazed by the unhappy history of BlackBerry's original tablet.
    "We could always call it a PlayBook 2," he quipped.
    BlackBerry CEO: I'm open to creating a tablet again - CNET
    dmlis likes this.
    03-03-15 12:48 PM
    Give it 1GB or RAM and a single core processor so it can't run the new OS you're working on (and intent for it to run), but put it in a high quality chassis that can easily last 5 years. Call it something ********, like the Playbook. Drop it's development like a hot rock and sell it for half price to move the stock.

Doesn't get more iconic than that, so just do all that again if iconic is what you're after Mr. Chen.

If not, then make a really big Passport and call it a day.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX and johnnyuk like this.
    03-03-15 11:13 PM
    PlayBook 2?-screenshot_2015-03-03-23-47-07_edit.png

Imagine a physical touch sensitive keyboard like on the passport, but separated in two halves like most virtual tablet keyboards and small enough to leave screen real estate. Virtual keys and menu functions could sit in between, content on top. I imagine the keys in the  symbol cloisters.

Would that be Iconic enough for you? Would be for me. Hate typing on my tablet's glass. Always pick up my BlackBerry for any typing needs.

 Q10 
    a_bateman likes this.
    03-03-15 11:27 PM
    Give it 1GB or RAM and a single core processor so it can't run the new OS you're working on (and intent for it to run), but put it in a high quality chassis that can easily last 5 years. Call it something ********, like the Playbook. Drop it's development like a hot rock and sell it for half price to move the stock.

Doesn't get more iconic than that, so just do all that again if iconic is what you're after Mr. Chen.

If not, then make a really big Passport and call it a day.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Just let it go dude.
    03-04-15 12:26 AM
    Its not fair. The slider crybabies(shots fired) got their slider. I want a PLAYBOOK 2.
    Superfly_FR, dmlis and Mecca EL like this.
    03-04-15 12:31 AM
    So, what woul be iconic for you ?
    My take ?

An ultra slim and lightweight 7" tablet with a detachable physical/touch KB (a la Passport or even with the Passport as a remote KB ? ) .
    Specs ? I don't care. Just a blazing fast *experience* and a 16 apps multitasking capability, battery life in days.
    And, of course, dedicated Blend under Steroids... BBM in all shapes plus hand free calls.
    Voila.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    03-04-15 01:42 AM
    How big are the odds, with the cross platform BlackBerry Experience suites, that they will actually risk another poorly selling tablet?

If they execute the Experience suites in a good way, you can basically make any other tablet "feel" a little like a BlackBerry device.
    If I can get a Surface Pro for the desktop apps, combined with BlackBerry features like the Hub, I don't think any BlackBerry built tablet could ever get close to that in terms of productivity/versatility/usability.

As far as BlackBerry Experience is concerned that is actually the most interesting use for it I could think of.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    03-04-15 01:50 AM
    By the way Chen & BB team churning out products and services (not out of the box but definitely different) I can think of a Pearl + Dummy Tab concept.

Pearl : All BB10 goodies, compact, good battery life (probably non removable battery), optimized processor/ram/battery and having the advantage of not to run big screen apps directly on the screen, processing server

Dummy Tab : Sleek, long battery life, load up with all features required for a good entertainment experience, optional PKB (retractable or attachable via BT) for good office experience, processing client

Couple them with Blend and use one or both as needed.

The problem I can think of is carrying two devices and Pearl's battery withstanding when tablet want more power from Pearl
    03-04-15 03:04 AM
    Iconic means that it'll run Android or iOS. The app gap will be noticed even more on a tablet. Maybe this time they will release it with cool and iconic software like email and give you the "Full Web" experience, and bring back the "Amateur hour is over" marketing campaign.

PlayBook 2?-delusional.png
    mh1983 likes this.
    03-04-15 07:42 AM
    I could definitely see them making an android tablet especially with the fact that they are bringing all the best features of Blackberry to Android soon as it is. It would be the best of both worlds although I prefer BB10 if that's what it would take to get a second playbook option I may spring for it.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:47 AM
    Actually i would be happy for now, if I could get full BBM, not through bluestacks but native app, on my windows 8.1 tablet.
    03-05-15 01:41 AM
    Ive been shopping for tablets recently in the over crowded market... there seems to be 3 options, iPad, Android and Windows... Windows was the only choice if you want it to be more than just an app player and web browser...

I dont really know how BlackBerry could differentiate itself in this market.. the definition of a tablet and what functions it should provide is constantly changing... id say stick to software, let the other players build their tablets
    johnnyuk likes this.
    03-05-15 09:18 PM
    How big are the odds, with the cross platform BlackBerry Experience suites, that they will actually risk another poorly selling tablet?

If they execute the Experience suites in a good way, you can basically make any other tablet "feel" a little like a BlackBerry device.
    If I can get a Surface Pro for the desktop apps, combined with BlackBerry features like the Hub, I don't think any BlackBerry built tablet could ever get close to that in terms of productivity/versatility/usability.

As far as BlackBerry Experience is concerned that is actually the most interesting use for it I could think of.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    The BlackBerry Experience package is not for consumers. It's for BES12 customers that will have to pay either monthly, yearly or a one time fee. Without BES12 it ain't happening based on my understanding.
    They are not free.

Posted by Q5
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-06-15 09:35 PM
    03-15-15 10:57 AM
    Well ... kinda lol
    03-19-15 06:07 AM
    is this not out already as a modded samsung?
    03-20-15 04:33 PM