Not sure if this is up for not but here is a link to a website which says that a new playbook is coming out. It will be playbook 2, with new features (more then 2.0) and be 4G.

4G Blackberry Playbook to be Released in May | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Tablet PC News
    01-25-12 01:49 PM
    Chances are, the article is sourcing its "facts" based on rumors found elsewhere, like here. There aren't any direct quotes or sources listed.
    01-25-12 02:07 PM
    Its been out in testing for a while now. People know about and have been using them; but they've signed nda's.

I'm sure Kevin has probably seen/played with one.
    01-25-12 02:56 PM
    Its been out in testing for a while now. People know about and have been using them; but they've signed nda's.

I'm sure Kevin has probably seen/played with one.
    I've seen these rumors here and there, but none from a credible source. I have serious doubts. Besides, is anyone really that eager to pay for two separate data plans. The bridge works just fine for me.
    01-25-12 03:09 PM
    I'm eager to pay for two separate data plans as long has a prepaid data option. A data contract makes sense for my smartphone but not a tablet that I may use outside the house maybe 3 times a year.

Built in data always seems faster to me than tethering.
    01-25-12 03:22 PM
    playbook '1' was 4g... or it was supposed to be .. or. .. opps? LOL
    01-25-12 04:14 PM
    01-25-12 04:36 PM
    I don't think that releasing a new PB this year is a good decision. It will off many who paid full price last year and those that got it cheap recently. Both these demographics are the ones who would buy the PB2 but won't if it is released so soon. Not only that but because the PB1 launch was a failure and buggy, consumer confidence is not hot and it could very well completely bomb and force them to firesale again. Plus people are waiting to see if the new software release lives up to the hype and don't want an outdated device.
    01-25-12 05:37 PM
    I don't think that releasing a new PB this year is a good decision. It will off many who paid full price last year and those that got it cheap recently. Both these demographics are the ones who would buy the PB2 but won't if it is released so soon. Not only that but because the PB1 launch was a failure and buggy, consumer confidence is not hot and it could very well completely bomb and force them to firesale again. Plus people are waiting to see if the new software release lives up to the hype and don't want an outdated device.
    You realize that some of those same arguments have been used about "iThings" since the first pod hit the market?
    01-25-12 05:45 PM
    That is true. There will be a lot of peeved off people who received ipad2s at xmas when the ipad3 comes out this Spring. I think all these companies need to create some sort of hardware assurance upgrade protection, this is getting ridiculous! If competition wasn't so fierce having a two year cycle would be more consumer friendly. I already have 4 old cellphones and 2 old blackberries in my closet.
    01-25-12 06:39 PM
    Great news

Will they also make a pb2 without 4G for those that have BBs
    01-25-12 06:57 PM
    This is of no use to me I already have a dataplan on my phone and won't pay more for a shared data plan when I am already able to hotspots at no extra cost.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    01-25-12 07:02 PM
    heres some advice for blackberry, either cancel out the playbook and concentrate on smart phones and regain trust. or sell the playbook 2 for close to cost at the beginning so u can start pushing out these playbook 2, as time goes on the cost of manufacturing the device will go down
    01-25-12 08:14 PM
    Great news

Will they also make a pb2 without 4G for those that have BBs
    This is of no use to me I already have a dataplan on my phone and won't pay more for a shared data plan when I am already able to hotspots at no extra cost.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    heres some advice for blackberry, either cancel out the playbook and concentrate on smart phones and regain trust. or sell the playbook 2 for close to cost at the beginning so u can start pushing out these playbook 2, as time goes on the cost of manufacturing the device will go down
    IMO, I think the reason its a "PB2" is because of the hspa+ For those of us that dont want the extra plan, we have the current PB.
    01-25-12 08:23 PM
    Assuming the PB2 will have to be built to sell for less than the original, i wonder what they will have to leave out to hit a profitable, lower price point. If they leave nothing out, but add to it instead, will they sell it at a loss? Or, will they decide to try premium pricing again as defined by what the iPad 3 goes for?

I think option 3 is a bad idea. Option 2 is not good for the bottom line. And option one gets you something like the Kindle Fire. I just can't see how producing a second PB is a good idea.
    01-25-12 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD