I know this will be a long Forum entry but I�d like to give as many details as possible. I apologize in advance.

I was looking forward to Playbook OS 2.1 for months. Didn�t know what it would have, but really looked forward to SMS on the Playbook. New Blackberry Bridge came out the night before and I installed it on my Storm 9530 (yes, a Storm, been trying to hold out for Blackberry 10). Once I installed the Bridge, my phone wouldn�t (Bluetooth) connect up to my Playbook. I just figured it was because I needed Playbook 2.1 to make it work,

I installed 2.1 and I still can�t connect to my phone to take advantage of the new features in the Bridge. I�ve deleted the Bluetooth partnership and tried to start again multiple times (isn�t one definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome?). The partnership is created but the devices don�t connect. Have done battery pulls on the phone (Quickpull) and reset the Playbook (power-volume up-volume down) multiple time with multiple restarts. Grrr.

The Bridge icon has disappeared from my Playbook, and obviously the Bridged calendar, contacts, etc. icons, let alone SMS, which never appeared. I�ve spent countless hours (which I don�t have) but I�ve run out of ideas. BTW, the Bridge version on my phone is version 2.1.0.23. I thought a newer version is available, but it won�t come up in App World (because I have Storm w/ OS5?) and I don�t even know if that is why I can�t Bluetooth.

Any ideas? Thanks for helping!
    10-08-12 09:45 AM
    I have it working with a Storm 2 so I do not think it is OS5 as the issue. When I had this problem in the past a security wipe on the PB would always fix it. So if you have not tried that yet backup your pb with desktop manager and do a security wipe. Your version of BB Bridge is correct for OS5. The last number is based on your OS version.
    10-08-12 02:02 PM
    Try deleting the bridge settings on both devices and pair again.
    This happened to me when I moved from 1.X to 2.0
    10-08-12 03:24 PM
    After doing a security wipe, will I need to reinstall the OS? Can I restore from the backup on DM or do I need to reinstall apps and sideloaded apps. What about books I have stored permanently and library books? Thanks.
    10-08-12 03:59 PM
    Why don't you try deleting bridge on your phone, battery pull, delete the profile on your pb, reboot, download bridge for your phone, battery pull and repair before all of that?
    10-08-12 04:12 PM
    Why don't you try deleting bridge on your phone, battery pull, delete the profile on your pb, reboot, download bridge for your phone, battery pull and repair before all of that?
    I've already done that. Except what do you mean by "repair"?
    10-08-12 04:16 PM
    I've already done that. Except what do you mean by "repair"?
    Sorry, meant re pair them.
    10-08-12 04:31 PM
    Sorry, meant re pair them.
    Oh. Rats, I hoped I missed something. I did all of those things multiple times. Didn't help.
    10-08-12 05:12 PM
    Bummer..........
    10-08-12 05:25 PM
    The backup is supposed to be able to bring everything back but I've always just re-downloaded and re-sideloaded my apps after a security wipe. You will not need to re-install the OS. A security wipe does not delete the OS it just resets everything. Kind of like deleting a users profile in Windows and logging in as a new user. You should be able to re-download your books from Kobo or where ever you bought them.
    10-08-12 07:58 PM
    You make it sound like a pairing issue.

Delete any Storms you find from the PlayBook options (Bridge/Tethering) if you find any there. Turn BT off on both devices, delete the PlayBook from Bridge, boot both devices and when they book, try a manual pairing.

Besides a wipe, that's all I can think off...
    Last edited by diegonei; 10-09-12 at 07:21 PM.
    jayd97006 likes this.
    10-08-12 10:44 PM
    The backup is supposed to be able to bring everything back but I've always just re-downloaded and re-sideloaded my apps after a security wipe. You will not need to re-install the OS. A security wipe does not delete the OS it just resets everything. Kind of like deleting a users profile in Windows and logging in as a new user. You should be able to re-download your books from Kobo or where ever you bought them.
    ok, this sounds like a worst-case scenario.I really would like to find an easier way because I've already spent many hours working on this, and the wipe and reload of all my apps will probably take many more. I guess I may have to do it, but if there are any other ideas or potential solutions, I'd sure like to hear them. Thanks.
    10-08-12 11:23 PM
    It you make it would like a pairing issue.

Delete any Storms you find from the PlayBook options (Bridge/Tethering) if you find any there. Turn BT off on both devices, delete the PlayBook from Bridge, boot both devices and when they book, try a manual pairing.

Besides a wipe, that's all I can think off...
    Desperately, I tried this, thinking, "I've done this many times" (with the exception of turning off the BT on both devices prior to booting).

"Why would I expect it to turn out differently this time?"

It did! I've now bridged my PB with my Storm and even the text messaging works. Thank you for all your help!!!
    diegonei, kbz1960, FF22 and 1 others like this.
    10-09-12 07:14 PM
    Thanks for reporting on success - it could help others.
    10-09-12 07:52 PM
    UPDATE: Apparently, it was all a teaser. The bridge and SMS worked for about 16 hours (long enough for me to learn to love the SMS and brag that there would be less typos now that I'm using a bigger keyboard), and now I'm back in the same position. Playbook won't BT to my Storm. I notice that on the Storm BT status, "connected" to the Playbook flashes for a fraction of a second every so often, then disappears.
    10-10-12 12:25 PM
    What happens when you turn bt off on the pb and then back on?
    10-10-12 12:35 PM
    What happens when you turn bt off on the pb and then back on?
    If I do it on the status bar, I get "no connected devices." If I do it within BT options, it shows the Storm on the list of paired devices, but if I select the Storm,on the device properties page, the "connect device" button is greyed out.
    10-10-12 01:20 PM
    This normally fixes anything do yourself a favor do what kbz1960 suggests.
    10-10-12 01:23 PM
    Same thing happening here with a torch 9800. Haven't had a chance to work on it yet, I'll let you know my progress. Just wanted the OP to know he wasn't alone.
    10-10-12 03:28 PM
    This normally fixes anything do yourself a favor do what kbz1960 suggests.
    Tried it again (and again and again). Doesn't help.
    10-10-12 04:51 PM
    Same thing happening here with a torch 9800. Haven't had a chance to work on it yet, I'll let you know my progress. Just wanted the OP to know he wasn't alone.
    It's weird, cause it worked for a while after going thru the things suggested. But it un-healed itself overnight and I'm frustrated again. Let me know how you do and what you do.
    10-10-12 04:53 PM
    I'm guessing since it's happening on at least two different phone OS's, that it is probably an OS2.1 bug. One of those that only a few people get so everyone else thinks we're crazy. Like I haven't been called crazy before. Occupational hazard!

Edit: Question? What was the last thing you received on your phone before the bridge stopped working? I've restored my bridge connection, but am having trouble clearing my text message alert on the Playbook. It was from a text I received right about the time my bridge stopped connecting.
    10-10-12 05:06 PM
    Too bad it isn't helping for you. I'll get a couple times when I have no access yet the bluetooth symbol is blue. I turn it off, then back on and I'm in business again.
    10-10-12 05:14 PM
    I'm guessing since it's happening on at least two different phone OS's, that it is probably an OS2.1 bug. One of those that only a few people get so everyone else thinks we're crazy. Like I haven't been called crazy before. Occupational hazard!

Edit: Question? What was the last thing you received on your phone before the bridge stopped working? I've restored my bridge connection, but am having trouble clearing my text message alert on the Playbook. It was from a text I received right about the time my bridge stopped connecting.
    I'm not really sure what the last thing was. It was all fine (after I cleared up the common problem of texts coming with the wrong names as the sender). I received texts, the alerts cleared after reading them, then bam...it just stopped working a few hours later. I might have received a text or an email or nothing for that matter. All I know is it doesn't work again and I've devoted multiple hours trying to fix it. I can't keep spending all this time time trying to fix my phone and/or my tablet (Sorry, just had to go off on a rant for a minute).

Glad you got your connection restored. I hope it sticks for you.
    10-10-12 05:42 PM
    I had this happen as well. So far just the once (fingers crossed ). I went through the whole removing and reinstalling and re pairing a couple of times before it would work.
    Today my mini keyboard wouldn't work. I'm hoping it just needs to be charged and isn't symptomatic of a problem with the OS, however it didn't have the red light on.
    For information comparison. - I was running the OS2.0 beta before the update, and have never sideloaded any Android apps. I've never had any previous issues with my bridge.
    10-10-12 06:52 PM
27 12